1 hour ago, EUC Forest said:

My brand new T4 is charging to 97.5V only, the charger is ok at 100.5V, so I will have to try and balance the packs manually, I'm at 70kms will several recharges from 50 60% and the voltage is still not up. Ordered the MR60 connectors to charge the lagging packs individually (also from my PV system, DC to DC).

Is you measurement from an app or from a multimeter hooked up to the wheel? Take a reading at the charge port for an easy multimeter reading of the packs. Actual voltage vs reported voltage can be different. 

Sorry if you already knew this.

Edited by GottaWay
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GottaWay said:

Is you measurement from an app or from a multimeter hooked up to the wheel? Take a reading at the charge port for an easy multimeter reading of the packs. Actual voltage vs reported voltage can be different. 

Sorry if you already knew this.

I was planning to check but your post made me actually do it (it's really easy) : 49.9V on both rear packs and 50.1V on the two front packs, seems ok then...I'll adjust the app then.

Great wheel btw, I can now climb up and go down all the steep MTB trails in the nearby forest, which I couldn't do with my S18. I really like the tire, it's better than the CST 186 I have on the S18. No issues on asphalt (apart from the noise), great in muddy puddles...

No issues with the suspension out of the box, it's maybe a little stiff (adjustment knob completely loose, at 210 PSI for my 85kgs geared weight). I have the coil one recommended by Marty, one day it will be installed...as will the bearing caches (bearings seem quite well protected by the existing rubber seal, I added some marine grease on the seals, it picks up some debris now...)

Didn't get the kickstand in the box, hopefully my AliExpress seller (Road Knight Store) sends it over...

On 4/25/2023 at 6:49 AM, FarkyJ said:

hmm is here anyone that is using a t4 for a commuter style of riding with a good street tire like michelin and etc?i read everywhere its great for offroad trails but i would like opinion on this setup.

I commute on my T4 every weekday to/from work approx 26km. It's a V1 with the original CST1773 tyre on it, which I love since I used to use it on my 16x.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 9:40 PM, EUCzero said:

Yes. try some oil for dampers. Will help with the leaking. 
Open the main chamber after depleting all pressure. Put som oil on all rubber seals (o-rings). Some extra drop of oil inside the main chamber.
Also check for leak in the valve (where you pump up the pressure) as mentioned. Many have had leakage there.

I have upgraded my T4 with the shock mentioned in Marty's video (EXA 291R 1000lbs, got mine cheap from AliExpress), it was easier than in the video (you still have to grind the shock cf Marty's EX30 shock upgrade video, took me 10s); it is well worth it, no more air worries, cushier ride for sure (does remind one of a "car type" suspension.)

• Like 1

I have the 291R shock on my Master.
And I bottom out hard all the time unfortunately. I have the V2 linkage hard mode witch should make the Master linkage more similar to t4, but not... :(
T4 have longer travel and better linkage.

But just be care full on big drops. The coil is more linear, even on the end of the compression. But much less stiction on smaller stuff. 
But I do also miss the fast change of spring rate you get on an air shock just by changing pressure.

Going to share my first day with T4.

Did around 15km of mixed roads. Some paved, some gravel. Climbed some hills. All in all was happy with the power and tire performance. Got back closer to home, decided to see how it rides faster. Sped up to around 37-40 Kilometres (less than 25mph), stopped to let the car pass. Tried to turn around and was like WTF? The wheel started drifting under me to the sides while turning and i could get like half the power or so. Got confused, could not control the wheel, flopped on my side in the middle of the street.. ok nothing major as it was super slow. Got up, checked the wheel, tire is completely flat. 🤔 

No external signs of puncture but the tube is not holding air. Will have to buy a new tube and get to disasemble the wheel to see why the hell my air disappear.. I guess begode orders the worst posible tubes? 

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

Going to share my first day with T4.

Did around 15km of mixed roads. Some paved, some gravel. Climbed some hills. All in all was happy with the power and tire performance. Got back closer to home, decided to see how it rides faster. Sped up to around 37-40 Kilometres (less than 25mph), stopped to let the car pass. Tried to turn around and was like WTF? The wheel started drifting under me to the sides while turning and i could get like half the power or so. Got confused, could not control the wheel, flopped on my side in the middle of the street.. ok nothing major as it was super slow. Got up, checked the wheel, tire is completely flat. 🤔 

No external signs of puncture but the tube is not holding air. Will have to buy a new tube and get to disasemble the wheel to see why the hell my air disappear.. I guess begode orders the worst posible tubes? 

What was your tire pressure before beginning your ride?

4 hours ago, Drunkard said:

I had it at 1.8 bar. That is what i run in my V11 also.

I'm around 90kg btw. 

Shouldn't be caused by a pinch flat then.  When you change the tube, you may want to check for any debris, particularly around the valve stem hole.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 11:10 PM, Drunkard said:

I had it at 1.8 bar. That is what i run in my V11 also.

I'm around 90kg btw. 

1.8 bars may be a bit low on a 16” tire. The smaller the air cavity, the higher the pressure must be for the same squishiness. Depending on the type of the tire a lot of course, 1.8 on the original V11 tire is very soft for your weight, while it’s perfect for a knobby motorcycle tire. On the T4 though, you might need more.

Not that it would cause a puncture on flat ground of course, so unless you had hit a sharp edge, it would indeed be good to check the tire and the rim for sharp edges.

• Like 1

Finally did the tube swap. Found a cut on the tube and a couple of millimetres long aluminium bit chilling inside the tire. Kind of want to point my finger at begode for this one.. should have better quality control and not put sharp metal bits inside tires.. pic attached. 

Off to do more ride testing :)

PXL_20230516_115444970.jpg

PXL_20230516_115417512.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Anyone's T4 get some minor stuttering noise from the suspension area? I bounce on it while riding and hear some vibrating noise. I did adjust the small screws on the suspension too. It doesn't affect the ride though. 

On 5/16/2023 at 11:02 PM, Waulnut said:

Anyone's T4 get some minor stuttering noise from the suspension area? I bounce on it while riding and hear some vibrating noise. I did adjust the small screws on the suspension too. It doesn't affect the ride though. 

could happen if the screws are too loose, tight them a bit and it will disappear ;)

29 minutes ago, Meserias said:

Hey, can I use my MSP charger to charge my T4?
Has anyone tried this ?

yes you can use any 100v charger from both Leaperkim or Begode wheels

• Like 1

Have a question about charging. Since this is my first Begode wheel it might have a different charging style to IM so i'm not sure if this is an issue.. 

I would imagine the charger to go green when the wheel goes to 100% but it's not really doing it. Charger light stays red and fan's are still spinning. I did wait quite a bit so i'm not sure if it's charger calibration issue or the batteries are doing the balancing thing. Are begode chargers balance before or after they go green? EUCWorld shows 100V or 99.9V was it suppose to be 100.4V?  

Also when stationary sometimes I notice shaking vibration coming from motor. not sure if it could be loose bolts or it's normal. Also when pushing it very slow it's sometimes seems like it's not really rolling smoothly but kind of jumping from magnet to magnet. Riding feels ok but tbh it would be difficult to 'feel' something small while riding. I guess that is just not really smooth idling from motor?  should i be worried ?

1 hour ago, Drunkard said:

Are begode chargers balance before or after they go green?

Balancing the battery cell groups is a BMS feature, not something the charger does. The charger is completely unaware of any balancing happening, and balancing continues (if needed) after you unplug the charger.

EUCWorld shows 100V or 99.9V was it suppose to be 100.4V?

100.8V actually. But the voltage measurement is imprecise, and it’s normal to have small differences between the announced and actual voltages. Though .8V is on the large side of normal.

Can you check the charging current from somewhere? How long does the chargers remain red after reaching 100.0V?

Also when stationary sometimes I notice shaking vibration coming from motor.

I believe that to be normal. Like you said, it skips from magnet to magnet. I guess other manufacturers might smoothen out the jumps a bit further than Begode, but I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EMA said:

Nice! I'm digging the current looks ^^ 

Only issue with the new T4 metal boxes is that the velcro is not really sticking to them well.. I will probably have to put a plate of some sorts but I don't want to make the wheel thick.

EMA, I think you are using carbon fibber plates on your wheels. I can see those come quite thin. 3mm, 2.5mm, .. all the way to 1.2mm and even 0.9mm. Do you think 1.2mm think would be strong enough or it needs to be thicker? 

Example:

https://www.rcdalys.lt/detales/0/31936/400x500x12mm-100-Carbon-Fiber-3K-Gloss-Surface-PlateSheet

Also is it easy to cut these carbon fibber plates? 

Nice! I'm digging the current looks ^^ 

Only issue with the new T4 metal boxes is that the velcro is not really sticking to them well.. I will probably have to put a plate of some sorts but I don't want to make the wheel thick.

EMA, I think you are using carbon fibber plates on your wheels. I can see those come quite thin. 3mm, 2.5mm, .. all the way to 1.2mm and even 0.9mm. Do you think 1.2mm think would be strong enough or it needs to be thicker? 

Example:

https://www.rcdalys.lt/detales/0/31936/400x500x12mm-100-Carbon-Fiber-3K-Gloss-Surface-PlateSheet

Also is it easy to cut these carbon fibber plates? 

metal boxes sucks XD

my master has 2mm carbon plate but it's not needed and you need a CNC or a service for cutting it, T4 and other wheels has 3mm plexyglas

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drunkard said:

i'm working to an all in one design for handle and front bumper, so you don't have to use double side tape or velcro, just the battery screws

Hello fellow unicyclers!  My T4's speed alarm won't adjust anymore.  I was able to set it the first couple times, but it seems to be frozen at 33km/hr.  I've reloaded the app but nothing.  Any ideas?

• Like 1