On 4/11/2023 at 5:25 AM, daniel1234 said:

Hi,

Where I can buy a custom T4 linkage so I don't need to grind off the original arms, to install fox shock(fox 190x45 Float DPS LV Evol)? 

If I am not mistaken you made some, right EMA?

Hey there, the air shock on my t4 is busted and I was looking for a replacement. What's the size of shock I should be looking for? Air or coil

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vineetwashington said:

Hey there, the air shock on my t4 is busted and I was looking for a replacement. What's the size of shock I should be looking for? Air or coil

For me I got a dnm dv-22ar 200mm with a 1500lbs spring as a seperate purchase.

The spring fowles the suspension linkages but that because the 200mm allows you to remove the clear(ish) bumpers. I used a flap grinder to add a 45° bevel with a 43mm diameter on one end of the spring, this stop the fowling when the spring is under no load. Dry fit it to ensure does not need more clearancing. When fitting properly turning the rebound fully off, that allows you to keep the shock compressed to get the bolts in, turn rebound back on and add preload to taste.

I've given it hell and it looks good, full mtb trails and skate park jumps and all(not mike leahy jumps).

I updated to the latest T4 firmware, it is bad. First, the fw version is GW16122210 but after updating it will show GW1612206 via gotway app and euc world so it is the firmware miss reporting its version. Second IMO the fw does not have the right motor parameters, so it has a electronic grinding, with my T4v1 with a v2+ motor and mainboard, the noice changed in 3 "gears" depending on how hard I was leaning. Thirdly the in air tiltback, corner pedal angle and other fixes the newer fw have was back to the pre extreme lvs or worse.

Downgraded to the 20230827 dated GW1612206 and it is worlds better, still has in air pedal dip etc but its the least noticeable I've ever experienced with my T4. If euc world is reading or anyone has a line to him that "new" needs to be chopped.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Just bought a T4, traded in my KS16x for this. Hugely disappointed so far. Want to know from others whether what I'm experiencing with this wheel is normal or not. First issue, Begode app, cannot set any speed alarms, also cannot change riding mode, which is set to racing. Anti-spin button doesn't work. Had nice time cleaning black marks off my wooden floor. Wheel beeps at 30km/h speed. Knobby tire feels like riding a bicycle with square tires. Unpredictable, unstable, and oscillates when trying to turn. Had a near-death experience the first time I tried to corner with this wheel. Noisy wheel! Range is rubbish. Bear in mind, can't ride more than 30km/h because of alarm (not that I want to with this crazy tire), but having only done 20km, fully charged battery now shows 70%. If I extrapolate that, I'll be lucky to get 60km out of this wheel. At the modest speed I was riding, this seems crazy bad range. Wheel seems under-powered, going up a steep hill that my 16x used to fly up, this wheel was really sluggish and struggling. I read that racing mode has lower torque than off-road mode. Then somewhere else on this forum I read that racing mode has higher torque. No idea, I can't even change it to see for myself. Anyway, not trying to be negative, really wanted to love this wheel. But so far, I have seen nothing good about it. Could someone advise, am I just unlucky with a bad wheel in this case?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Saboteur_ZA said:

Hi. Just bought a T4, traded in my KS16x for this. Hugely disappointed so far. Want to know from others whether what I'm experiencing with this wheel is normal or not. First issue, Begode app, cannot set any speed alarms, also cannot change riding mode, which is set to racing. Anti-spin button doesn't work. Had nice time cleaning black marks off my wooden floor. Wheel beeps at 30km/h speed. Knobby tire feels like riding a bicycle with square tires. Unpredictable, unstable, and oscillates when trying to turn. Had a near-death experience the first time I tried to corner with this wheel. Noisy wheel! Range is rubbish. Bear in mind, can't ride more than 30km/h because of alarm (not that I want to with this crazy tire), but having only done 20km, fully charged battery now shows 70%. If I extrapolate that, I'll be lucky to get 60km out of this wheel. At the modest speed I was riding, this seems crazy bad range. Wheel seems under-powered, going up a steep hill that my 16x used to fly up, this wheel was really sluggish and struggling. I read that racing mode has lower torque than off-road mode. Then somewhere else on this forum I read that racing mode has higher torque. No idea, I can't even change it to see for myself. Anyway, not trying to be negative, really wanted to love this wheel. But so far, I have seen nothing good about it. Could someone advise, am I just unlucky with a bad wheel in this case?

some tips:

1) get a working phone or app, don't know what you are using but it's not the wheel, it's the phone or app
(remember that any setting need to be done with the wheel stopped)

2) knobby tire ride different than streets, take your time and learn it, you can always change if you don't like it

3) racing mode it's meant for streets, it has less torque

4) wheel has lot of power, a lot more than you think, definitely not less than a 16x

5) range is absolutely good for a 1800wh, it rides up to 0% while 16x at 30% is basically dead, don't forget you are riding a comfortable heavy knobby that weight twice the slippery 16x tire

6) take your time, lot of people has swapped a 16x for a T4 and no one will never come back, 16x is a good wheel but it's from a different era

• Thanks 1

Hey! Sorry to hear about your bad first experience. I'm no expert but I have 500+km on the T4. 

App - I never downloaded the begode app. From the information online kind of got impression that it's quite bad. EUC World is what I use and it works fine. 

Anti Spin button kind of works. You need to press it twice and than the wheel goes limp. But I might used it like once.. 

I love the tire. It's very stable at speed (I don't ride it past 45) and it's quite round. You can tilt it very predictably. The unstable feeling you might be getting is because T4 is top heavy. It barely have the gyro effect, it's nimble and playful.

Torque is great. I had a couple of Patton guys jump on mine and they were impressed how much more zippy it is on low speeds. It have plenty of power. This hill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LBaPgBvGJo where Denis Hagov could not get the S19 or S22Pro I managed to get up on my T4. 

Battery - Being close to 90KG rider I did get the battery 100 to 2% on a  61 km ride. It was a FUN ride with other people who ride faster than me. I had to chase Pattons and most of the ride was on offroad and I always like to play around and carve and play with speed and move the wheel under me when i ride. The way you ride is a HUGE factor on range. If I just stand calm and chill on the flat road for sure i would get more than 70km. (The other evening we went out to town on V11 wheels it was me and 2 more V11. In the end I had like 1 bar left and they had 3 and we all rode together.. :confused1:)

Racing mode - I ride on whatever firmware my T4 came with.. Don't have racing more so can't comment :)

Edited by Drunkard
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EMA said:

lot of people has swapped a 16x for a T4 and no one will never come back, 16x is a good wheel but it's from a different era

Thanks for all these tips, and I really needed to hear this. Was having major buyer's remorse. Will give it time then - was about ready to take wheel back and lose the 30% restocking fee!

43 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

I love the tire. It's very stable at speed 

Torque is great.

Battery - The way you ride is a HUGE factor on range. If I just stand calm and chill on the flat road for sure i would get more than 70km. 

Thanks, good to hear. Exactly why I wanted to hear from other T4 owners. I have exactly 20km on this wheel, so I guess I've jumped to my judgements too quickly. Also, the 16x was the wheel I really got comfortable and experienced with. A new wheel with different ride characteristics will no doubt present its own learning curve. I'll give it time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Saboteur_ZA said:

A new wheel with different ride characteristics will no doubt present its own learning curve. I'll give it time.

Exactly! Specially since you are going from a no suspension wheel to a suspension one.

Also big tip is to try and find the most comfortable ride. The original pads are really not that great and the metal battery boxes are quite sharp on the corners. I know some people put an acrylic sheet to make the side surface bigger and more flat for big pads.  Personally I found enough space to put the pads I use on the boxes themselves. Different wheels kind of require you to find how it's the best for you to use them. T4 for me needs my toes to be more locked in while my V11 I'm quite happy with a loose pads.

Also check the pressure on the tire if it's feeling weird. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Saboteur_ZA said:

Thanks, good to hear. Exactly why I wanted to hear from other T4 owners. I have exactly 20km on this wheel, so I guess I've jumped to my judgements too quickly. Also, the 16x was the wheel I really got comfortable and experienced with. A new wheel with different ride characteristics will no doubt present its own learning curve. I'll give it time.

People often underestimate how much of a change a new wheel will be. I had a similar experience when I first got the Master (coming from Gotway MS3V), which also comes with that knobby tyre, which I also found absolutely horrendous when I first got on it. It took me around a month to adjust to it, the increased weight and utterly different ride feel, and a few weeks to realise that the tipping you get from that tyre is easily manageable when you are expecting it, and rarely leads to disaster.

1 year of daily rides later the tyre has worn down to the point where the tippyness isn't anywhere near so bad any more, and I feel very comfortable on the wheel - at least as much as I did on the wheel I had before it. Only its insane pedal height and high Centre of Mass remain challenging in certain conditions now, and the T4 isn't as bad in that respect, so I imagine that if you just stick with it for a month or 2, you will be a lot happier with the wheel. that knobby comes into it own when you hit the trails - it is surprisingly grippy round the corners !

Also, are you still using the stock pads ? Certainly for me, my wheel became SO much better feeling to ride once I had popped those pads back in the box, and got some proper Grizzla ones - suddenly the full torque and power of the machine is available in a way that it never was with the stock ones...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

People often underestimate how much of a change a new wheel will be.

that knobby comes into it own when you hit the trails - it is surprisingly grippy round the corners !

Also, are you still using the stock pads?

I am very interested in getting into trails, so I will not go with my first instinct, which was to want to change this tire! And yes, haven't invested in custom pads. Lot to consider here. Appreciate the advice.

Always give a new wheel 500km ~300miles to acclimate to, optimally with skill sessions. Low speed lazy carves to tight pirouettes then same with mid to hi speed etc, weaves jumps accelerations to panic stops do it all. Dont forget different surfaces and venues, street skatepark dirt grass. Different wheels have different cg weights and tyre profiles, you need to get that programmed into your brain before you can unlock a wheels potential. On the software front test it off the wheel and nut it out, the firmware will affect the wheel also, I'm running with the GW1612210 dated 20230922, use euc world to get it, there is 2 newer versions the newest I have not tested but the next oldest was buggy.

Its a good wheel our group are moving on to pattons atm but I'm still rocking mine at mtb trails skateparks etc and enjoying it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, timmytool said:

Always give a new wheel 500km ~300miles to acclimate to, optimally with skill sessions. and venues, street skatepark dirt grass.

Great advice, appreciate it. I did want to try different brands to experience different styles so I suppose I shouldn't complain! Also, learning is still fun. I will have to see when I'm brave enough to try jumping though... one day!

On 10/25/2023 at 11:20 AM, Drunkard said:

Hey, EMA. If it have less torque does it have any difference on battery use? 

it should on paper
i didn't see a difference while using it
but i didn't run a proper test yet

the difference in torque at low speed is really noticeable, it struggle when going up some decent hills and it can't climb some hard hills that off road mod do easy.

btw on streets it's absolutely fantastic

Edited by EMA

On 10/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, timmytool said:

I updated to the latest T4 firmware, it is bad. First, the fw version is GW16122210 but after updating it will show GW1612206 via gotway app and euc world so it is the firmware miss reporting its version. Second IMO the fw does not have the right motor parameters, so it has a electronic grinding, with my T4v1 with a v2+ motor and mainboard, the noice changed in 3 "gears" depending on how hard I was leaning. Thirdly the in air tiltback, corner pedal angle and other fixes the newer fw have was back to the pre extreme lvs or worse.

Downgraded to the 20230827 dated GW1612206 and it is worlds better, still has in air pedal dip etc but its the least noticeable I've ever experienced with my T4. If euc world is reading or anyone has a line to him that "new" needs to be chopped.

Hi,

How did you downgrade please? I have a bricked T4v1 trying to update to this firmware:

Screenshot_20231101-145330.thumb.png.403d725ca9669301437546b2fbd5f93e.png

There is no other v1 firmware in GW app 😔

1 hour ago, RolluS said:

Hi,

How did you downgrade please? I have a bricked T4v1 trying to update to this firmware:

Screenshot_20231101-145330.thumb.png.403d725ca9669301437546b2fbd5f93e.png

There is no other v1 firmware in GW app 😔

The T4v1 uses a different board then the v2 that I now have in mine. That being said I used eucworld to downgrade my firmware as it keeps a seperate copy of all publicly available fw. Euc world looks to do a good job keeping firmware listed to just ones that you can use but with the v1 and v2 boards I dont know if @Seba can or does differentiates between the 2 or if the firmware is fine on either hardware.

• Upvote 1

Yes, EUC World does filter between the two versions. For V1 official firmwares;

Screenshot_20231101-123834.thumb.png.d2b1551228b879a09492132cf3895def.png

I had some issue with T4_WEN_1612104 with I thought suitable, as in the list. Maybe it needed a calibration, but there was a vertical angle drift, and erratic motor control.

Now I'm back on stock GW_1612104 with the help of an older Begode App. However, I'm stuck in transportation mode.

• Like 1

So this is a really crappy design by Begode. The pillars on the right and left are bolted onto the bridge differently. The left pillar uses 4 5mm bolts to secure it to the bridge. The right pillar is secured only by 2 ! It appears they thought of doing 3 as there appears to be hole for it in the pillar it self but no corresponding one on the bridge. This is because they chose to router a slot in the bridge for the motor cable to pass thru. What all this means is that when the bolts loosen up, and they will ( I think begode knew as this is the only place with locking washers), the right pillar will easily be pushed back and the slider tube inside it will lean into the soft metal of the bridge and crack it !

20231105_173229.jpg

20231105_173234.jpg

20231105_123821.jpg

Edited by RJohn
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

I did a bearing swap and now my t4 won't balance. It'll try but it's like the hall sensor isn't working so it'll fall and then snap back up

Posted to Facebook and everybody said I screwed the motor up when doing the bearings. 

Bought a new motor and installed it, but still getting the same issue. 

Any ideas what else it could be? 

1 hour ago, Eyss said:

Any ideas what else it could be? 

Since you have it on parts you can inspect control board for Broken header/traces to hall sensor.

Does Begode app gives any error ? if it is hall sensor failure it would be visible on screen.

12 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

Since you have it on parts you can inspect control board for Broken header/traces to hall sensor.

I'll check the entire controller later. One of my friends has a working board so I'll swap that on

12 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

Does Begode app gives any error ? if it is hall sensor failure it would be visible on screen.

No errors from begode app. 

I'm suspecting one of the phase connectors on the motherboard is broke. They were stuck in with a fair bit of force.