Begode EX20S 3600wh: 100V, suspension, 104lb

I think I could have been clearer, looking at EX20S weight (47kg) that's not what I was thinking when I was thinking suspension wheel and arguing for off-road, I was actually thinking 35-36kg (Sherman, S20, Master) which I think works just fine off-road. But since this is an EX20S thread and the weight of that wheel is 47kg then yeah I too have to be skeptical.

• Like 1

For 105lbs, could have a Dualtron Thunder II scooter.

https://ryddo.com/product/dualtron-thunder-2/?utm_source=Google Shopping&utm_campaign=Ryddo Google Shopping Feed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=9032971&gclid=Cj0KCQiAosmPBhCPARIsAHOen-PMxTBNqKRIvK1wwO7gIZfRY1EIP-YXRodXhsSDS7arEF4vpS2JrIoaAmO5EALw_wcB

Speed 55+mph*

Range 107 mi.*

Motors 10,080w

Climb 70%

Weight 105lbs

Brakes Hydraulic

Tires 11 x 4 in.

Battery 72V 2.9 kWh

Dualtron Thunder II

Anybody worried about the closeness of the front corner battery to the edge of the wheel?

AwaXCwZ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

This is an issue on the V11 where the outer shell easily get cracked and broken from just going up curbs, so yep this doesn't look good, I'm not worried though as I would never get this wheel. ;);)

Yes and on Sherman also which has a similar body shape to the EX20s
I'm not sure on yours @Rawnei but mine got hit a few times on the highlighted area, mostly while riding off-road. The biggest hit was when riding over a rock not 100% straight on - enough to punch the tube in.

@Paradox this picture is with the suspension all the way down, right? I guess it could be mitigated by the wheel being usually higher above ground, but won't help when the suspension is compressed.

Edited by supercurio

4 minutes ago, supercurio said:

this picture is with the suspension all the way down, right?

Unknown.  The picture is off the AliExpress website.  No rider but unknown if the shock is pumped up.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003696008251.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.1.3e5e2b82IAoPIF

BTW AlienRides is marketing their EX20s as 116.8v and 3600wh battery.  I messaged them a few days ago pointing out the possible error.  I have had no response.

https://alienrides.com/collections/electric-unicycles/products/begode-ex2-electric-unicycle

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Paradox said:

BTW AlienRides is marketing their EX20s as 116.8v and 3600wh battery.  I messaged them a few days ago pointing out the possible error.  I have had no response.

https://alienrides.com/collections/electric-unicycles/products/begode-ex2-electric-unicycle

You're right, @Alien Rides got mixed up here.
116.8V is the charging max voltage for the 32s LFP cell of the originally called EX2 wheel, and the li-ion 3600 Wh class is at standard 24s 100.8V.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Shell goes too low and is too wide going out above the tire which is not good when the tire compresses, at 0:26 it looks like it bottoms out and actually hits the ground, almost happens again at 0:32, this will certainly not be good for shell integrity, screws or batteries if there's an actual impact. Also might be something that can be adjusted further but there is some heavy pogostick action going on in the video, the wheel bounces up and down like crazy. Will be interesting to see reviews of this wheel in the future.

The suspension is not perfectly adjusted. There is not enough pressure and damping. Look also at 1 min 14 sec. Battery pack hits ground and wheel bounces to the right.

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Shell goes too low and is too wide going out above the tire which is not good when the tire compresses, at 0:26 it looks like it bottoms out and actually hits the ground, almost happens again at 0:32, this will certainly not be good for shell integrity, screws or batteries if there's an actual impact. Also might be something that can be adjusted further but there is some heavy pogostick action going on in the video, the wheel bounces up and down like crazy. Will be interesting to see reviews of this wheel in the future.

0:26 looks to be the bottom edge of the stupid rear stand maybe touching - I would unbolt that asap personally. I can't see anything touching down at 0:32 nor at 1.14 personally.

In any event, my point was that the suspension is certainly active, unlike a lot of S18's I have seen where people seem to like them virtually rock solid.

We need to see a good side pic of an EX20S at full compression on a flat surface before we can get any real idea of how much clearance there is.

And as I say, if we can swop out the shock any dialling in can be done by the user. The main thing is that the EX seems to have a decent amount of travel and it's certainly working throughout that travel.

Edit: at 1.14 it looks like the left side may have bottomed out but tbf there was a bloody big rock there. I'm not expecting a suspension wheel to have a ride height so high that it could never possibly hit anything.

Edited by Planemo
  • Upvote 1

On 1/31/2022 at 1:48 AM, Rawnei said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to compare S20 to the Master?

Couple of other things that this comparison did not include:

• Weight - EX20S is super heavy wheel.
  • Build Quality - We all know Begode has issues in this department, for suspension wheels it becomes more complex and the teardown of the Hero on EcoDrift wasn't very favorable, I don't have any high hopes they've improved a lot on EX20S or Master which uses the same type of design. You can rave over paper specs all you want but if you get a rusty wheel or suspension that doesn't work you wont be a happy camper.
  • Water- and dirt-proofing, this one is difficult to judge at this point, time will tell, but overall it's an important thing to consider, so many people had problems with their wheels past year due to poor proofing overall.
  • BMS, also difficult to compare at this point but Begode has a history of not developing this very important area of their wheels while KS is highlighting it as an area they are improving.

While the master is a good candidate to compare vs the s20, the ex20s is also not to be underestimated imo,especially the HS version. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

While the master is a good candidate to compare vs the s20, the ex20s is also not to be underestimated imo,especially the HS version. 

Im so excited for the ex20s high speed. It just has so many things going for it. Its a non experimental power system. The 3600wh 100.8v battery is tried and tested. No worries about new technological hiccups there. Its the first begode wheel with a top mounted board. This wheel will be incredibly balanced. The batteries appear to be incased in a metal box! This is huge in terms of both longevity and battery safety. Its the fastest suspension wheel ever made. Finally a suspension wheel that can travel at 40 and still have HUGE overhead. And with the 3600wh battery have HUGE range as well. Its begodes 3rd suspension wheel now, meaning they have worked out many of the kinks there already most likely

Ive fallen in love with the ex20s high speed already. Can not wait to get one under my feet. 

The master and s20 are both looking to me more like offroad trail wheels that will be capable in the streets. But the ex20s is looking like a cadillac. King of the road

• Like 3

The EX20S is the only wheel in the past 2 years that has pricked my ears. My only potential concern is weight, and how it handles at very low speeds. I need a wheel that can move around people when needed. Other than that, it looks absolutely bang on for my use case to to replace the Sherman. I still need to find another kidney to sell though (the sherman took one already..)

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is getting very close to the battery case.  A poorly inflated tire or a heavy rider is going to hit that stair.

MsdksiF.png

Source video:

https://cloud.video.taobao.com/play/u/2200727706762/p/1/e/6/t/10301/341483465833.mp4

• Like 3