Begode EX20S 3600wh: 100V, suspension, 104lb

17 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I think the best you can hope for is super capacitors with the ability to maintain a rapid tiltback for 200 feet with a 200+ pound rider.

So when you accidentally drive into water or there is an error/short of any kind, the electric shocks kills you? Not sure if you thought this idea through...

Good mosfets on a good board, good battery packs, good (or any!!) quality control to catch production errors - that must be and is enough.

0/3 so far;) And even that is somehow overwhelmingly safe and reliable.

• Like 3

On 1/23/2022 at 12:23 PM, Jean eRide.ie Community said:

I'm getting one (selling Monster Pro), let's see how it goes. 

Protecting the corners with these for protecting both the battery and my body in case of accident. 

61+ceSjd-oL._SL1200_.jpg

I'm not the only one who thought about this "solution", saw this on some Chinese group

Cmd6rzN_d.webp

18 minutes ago, Jean eRide.ie Community said:

I'm not the only one who thought about this "solution", saw this on some Chinese group

Cmd6rzN_d.webp

Been planning to just 3d print some bumpers myself. Being a 90 degree edge makes it crazy easy to design and print. My main concern is just how well things will adhere to the rigged sides of the battery case. Worst case though you can take off those big ugly power pads that are screwed on and attach a custom plate to the sides for mounting pads

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Finally got my hands on the ex20s high speed!

sold my EXN in order to acquire this bad boy, and my first impressions are very good. Not without issues though.

it feels very much like the exn under my feet, in terms of agility and acceleration. The kickstand actually works! Not like the crappy v11 one this one works great. The suspension felt very nice in the time it was working. I love how rugged or a design it is, the first full metal construction EUC!!.

The bad things though, my god is she heavy. Very heavy wheel is an understatement. First floor or bust. The headlight is garbage, small, little throw, not very bright. And lastly the stock shock is leaking air. After barely 20 minutes it was empty again.  I need to play around with it a little and see if maybe just the valve is loose or something but i may be having to replace that shock immediately. First night on it was overall great though!

I did about 18 miles last night after getting it setup, but rain today so may take a few days before i get out on it again as it does need some work to waterproof the control board area. Will be plenty of videos on it to come 👍

Sweet! It's unfortunate your shock might be bad out of the box, but what's new from Begode lol. What dealer did you get it from? I haven't seen it for sale outside of AR or AliExpress so far.

23 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Today i checked the schrader valve on the shock and it did seem to be a bit loose. So i tightened it up and refilled it. Hopefully that was the issue, i couldn't test because it was pouring rain all day and i havnt done any weatherproofing yet.

As far as how i got it. I have a friend who helped me acquire it, basically it was through an aliexpress type of deal. Thats why i was able to get what i believe is the first high speed version created 

Looking forward to some impressions from your first few really long rides! Of the 3600 WH wheels I want to buy this year, this EX20s and the MPro are in the finals. I'm guessing suspension is probably pretty similar to the Hero's (faults and all...but maybe upgradeable).

My biggest concerns are cooling and top speed, but looking promising so far!

Edited by TheSlyGiraffEV
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Just curious... why didn't SherMax make your shortlist?

i love the commander in the 3600wh range, i didn't get it becouse off the axle motor...waiting an update :)

1 minute ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Isn't Sherman Max the answer then?

(I don't care about SherMax so much... just seems odd that its debut has been so quiet)

could be, but i want to see it in action first, also the commander is 3-4kg lighter .

2 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Just curious... why didn't SherMax make your shortlist?

SherMax has been moving around and is currently in 3rd. I do like the fact that it runs cool (Overheating dropped Commander to 4th), but for my preferences, the lower top speed in comparison to the original Sherman (I do want my next wheel to hit 45 mph drama free), plus any potential rim issues dropped SherMax to 3rd...for now. Suspension on the EX20s has me intrigued enough to keep it in the top 2.

Of the wheels though, SherMax and Commander are the only somewhat similar ones. MPro and EX20s are pretty different wheels from them so my challenge is finding the wheel of these that best suits my use case. If the EX20s came with a C30 variant or was 134v like the Master, I think I would have preferred that, but I'll just consider the wheels that are available at the moment.

20 minutes ago, TheSlyGiraffEV said:

SherMax has been moving around and is currently in 3rd. I do like the fact that it runs cool (Overheating dropped Commander to 4th), but for my preferences, the lower top speed in comparison to the original Sherman (I do want my next wheel to hit 45 mph drama free), plus any potential rim issues dropped SherMax to 3rd...for now. Suspension on the EX20s has me intrigued enough to keep it in the top 2.

Of the wheels though, SherMax and Commander are the only somewhat similar ones. MPro and EX20s are pretty different wheels from them so my challenge is finding the wheel of these that best suits my use case. If the EX20s came with a C30 variant or was 134v like the Master, I think I would have preferred that, but I'll just consider the wheels that are available at the moment.

The ex20s does offer a c30 varient  thats what mine is. High Speed. Last i looked thats what alien rides is actually going to be stocking as well are the c30 versions, i noticed it when looking at listings the other day

Edit: yup 

Screenshot_20220321-130329_Chrome.thumb.jpg.71b159ed95f7b65083b42bcf58bf0c28.jpg

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

The ex20s does offer a c30 varient  thats what mine is. High Speed. Last i looked thats what alien rides is actually going to be stocking as well are the c30 versions, i noticed it when looking at listings the other day

Edit: yup 

Screenshot_20220321-130329_Chrome.thumb.jpg.71b159ed95f7b65083b42bcf58bf0c28.jpg

could you put it on a scale pls, i think this wheel should be 42-43kg, not the 47kg listed 

Just now, EMA said:

tnx, huge :o

Yeah its heavy as shit. But, thats part of the trade off for having a machine that isnt 50% plastic. I mean the build quality is exceptional for an euc imo. Im sure it could be improved still but all in all its the direction i think most high end wheels should be going. 

This wheel has officially left the realm of compact last mile commuter and transcended into the league of street worthy vehicle 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

This wheel has officially left the realm of compact last mile commuter and transcended into the league of street worthy vehicle 

Yet I imagine it still fits neatly in the trunk of my mid sized sedan so still not too bad! Still no bike rack required.

Thanks again for confirming the C30 version from AR! If this wheel ends up delivering on all the promises on paper, that's where I'm getting one. Let me know what your top end speed impressions are, such as where the sweet spot is before the wheel gives you drama.

12 hours ago, TheSlyGiraffEV said:

Yet I imagine it still fits neatly in the trunk of my mid sized sedan so still not too bad! Still no bike rack required.

Thanks again for confirming the C30 version from AR! If this wheel ends up delivering on all the promises on paper, that's where I'm getting one. Let me know what your top end speed impressions are, such as where the sweet spot is before the wheel gives you drama.

Its way smaller than a monster pro for sure and id say just slightly wider than my exn, maybe by like 1/4-1/2" or so (just a guess based on how it feels i have not measured) 

• Like 1