Begode EX20S 3600wh: 100V, suspension, 104lb

5 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Its way smaller than a monster pro for sure and id say just slightly wider than my exn, maybe by like 1/4-1/2" or so (just a guess based on how it feels i have not measured) 

let us know how it goes, for such weight i'll go with the c38 but it's just my guess :)

22 hours ago, EMA said:

let us know how it goes, for such weight i'll go with the c38 but it's just my guess :)

Yeah i was at first thinking the same way but then i realized my 2 friends who weigh 280+ both ride monster v3/monster pro and even commander high speed. Considering they habe almost 100lbs on me and no major issues, i dont really think an extra 15-20 pounds balanced around the machine itself is that much at all. Think of it as the difference between riding with and without a backpack, not exactly going to overpower the machine.

And even then, a bakcpack is positioned high up on a fulcrum, so its weight impact is far more significant than added weight to the unit which is as close to the center of thrust as possible

Edit: just to add i also do not plan on ever doing any heavy offroading with this wheel so the grunt low end torque isnt really needed for me personally. I see this wheel the same way i would see a cadillac or an expensive sports car. Its not made to climb or mud, its a performance cruiser

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Done a pair of light range tests so far. One on the old firmware and one on the new. Looks like at a rider weight if 200lbs and average speed of about 20 mph i should get an easy 70 miles out of it.

How did you update the firmware? Is the EX20S firmware already available as an option in the Begode app, or did you get an update chip? Apologies if I missed the answer in one of your videos. 

2 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

will film a full review at 500

I haven't heard of any other YT creators getting the EX20S besides yourself and @ray rokni. Does this mean you guys have the exclusives or are the others still in stealth review mode? Congrats if true... it makes you two very influential indeed.

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

I haven't heard of any other YT creators getting the EX20S besides yourself and @ray rokni. Does this mean you guys have the exclusives or are the others still in stealth review mode? Congrats if true... it makes you two very influential indeed.

Indeed, other than George and Ray's videos, we have riding footage from the Begode team and not much else. A lot of potential in this wheel, but also not too proven. I hear a lot of folks counting this wheel out for some reason but top size battery, great speed, and suspension is a great modern wheel combo. On paper it's a lot more interesting to me than any of the other wheels out there, as long as there aren't any major red flags 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

How did you update the firmware? Is the EX20S firmware already available as an option in the Begode app, or did you get an update chip? Apologies if I missed the answer in one of your videos. 

No worries. Yes the firmware is available via the begode app. There was only c38 version avaiIable until a few days ago they just added the c30. There was a little hiccup with the c38 firmware running on the c30 motor but thats been smoothed out by this new update. Im liking medium mode the most currently. Might try a longer ride on soft and see if i can get used to it but it feels really exaggerated with the suspension movement and is a bit to soft at the moment imo. Jard mode is also nice though, its really dealers choice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Not sure. As far as i know only 2 c30s where actually made so far lol i kinda got lucky on that. The rest of the c30s wont be shipping until june according to alien rides. The c38s are available now though they shipped even before my c30 version i believe. Just none of the american dealers are offering them due to the low interest i think. People just tuned it out for being ugly and being another low speed torque wheel. It wasnt until the high speed version was unveiled that people started to get interested.

• Like 1

I gotta say this feels like an extremely cool running wheel. Ive done 40 miles today of pretty hard riding, elevation, top speed of 41 mph, average speed of 22 mph, and my peak temperature was only 108 degrees. 

Granted its only like 55-58 degrees today so thats helping, but my exn would easily have been 125 degrees plus today

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I gotta say this feels like an extremely cool running wheel. Ive done 40 miles today of pretty hard riding, elevation, top speed of 41 mph, average speed of 22 mph, and my peak temperature was only 108 degrees. 

Granted its only like 55-58 degrees today so thats helping, but my exn would easily have been 125 degrees plus today

that's good to know, seems like the metal case is working even without fresh air inside from what i saw.

you don have any mod on EXN ? they really makes the difference in temperature

2 minutes ago, EMA said:

that's good to know, seems like the metal case is working even without fresh air inside from what i saw.

you don have any mod on EXN ? they really makes the difference in temperature

Nah i had the first batch exn with the large hole and no cover but it still ran warm

11 minutes ago, TantasStarke said:

I was looking at the alienrides page for the C30 EX2s, does it really only have a 54mph freespin on the HS?

Begode's home site says differently. 82kmph/102kmph for HT/HS respectively. This wheel is honestly not much different electronic wise from something like an RS or EXN. It's just a bigger battery, new chassis, and suspension. Other than that, the specs should be exactly the same as any other 100V begode wheel with the same architecture. Weight probably makes its actual max speed under load lower, but free spin should be roughly the same.

http://www.begode.com/productinfo/756873.html

Edited by Whalesmash
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, TantasStarke said:

I was looking at the alienrides page for the C30 EX2s, does it really only have a 54mph freespin on the HS?

I havnt actually done a freespin yet but i can tell you i hit 42 mph without beeps 🤷‍♂️

The freespin video they released showed 102 kph so 60+ mph. 

Im fairly certain what happened was the alien rides listing was originally for the c38 model. I remeber seeing it as the c38 at first. But a few weeks ago after the HS announcement they changed their listing to the high speed. I believe they had far more interest in the high speed model than the high torque. Which makes sense, this is not a trick riding offroading type wheel, so you will not have the insane torque demands that smaller wheels are asked to do by some of the more extreme riders in the community

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I havnt actually done a freespin yet but i can tell you i hit 42 mph without beeps 🤷‍♂️

Im fairly certain what happened was the alien rides listing was originally for the c38 model. I remeber seeing it as the c38 at first. But a few weeks ago after the HS announcement they changed their listing to the high speed. I believe they had far more interest in the high speed model than the high torque. Which makes sense, this is not a trick riding offroading type wheel, so you will not have the insane torque demands that smaller wheels are asked to do by some of the more extreme riders in the community

That's what I was thinking too, I know this is the heaviest wheel ever but even so I didn't think the freespin would be that much lower than other 100V wheels. Would love to know when the wheel starts beeping for you at a full charge, the EX2 is definitely on my radar for a future wheel, and being able to hit 42mph without beeps is already sounding good

26 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I'm wondering if the old rule of thumb (freespin minus 10mph or thereabouts) still applies as we get to higher speed. The power necessary to overcome drag goes up at the cube of the velocity, so it'll take a butt ton more power to go from 50 mph to 60. Pay attention to beeps!

@GoGeorgeGo is the beeper audible at speed? I guess since you haven't gone that fast it's not a fair question, but now that it's on top and facing you maybe it'll still be a useful feature. (it is on top now, like Master?)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 1

I checked with Ray Rokni on one of his C38 videos and his estimation for the top speed of the C30 would be ~45 mph (gps adjusted) which sounds about consistent with the EXN HS. Will keep an eye on this as more folks get their hands on this wheel.

Another reason I forgot to mention too in being interested in the EX20S and the MPro while having the SherMax in 3rd is that in addition to wanting to go in speeds faster than 35 mph, I also would like some support in the form of suspension or the biggest, most stable tire when getting into those higher speeds. I imagine it goes a long way in comfort and safety when hitting an unexpected bump.

• Like 1

The EX20S paired with the C30 motor should actually allow a higher top speed than the EX-N due to the larger battery capacity. This larger capacity reduces voltage sag thus allowing the motor to spin faster before being overpowered. The 25lb difference in wheel weight isn't going to significantly effect top speed IMO. A good comparison in topspeed would be the Extreme Bull Commander HS as it has the same battery capacity.

Edited by BleepBloopBlop
  • Like 3

On 4/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, BleepBloopBlop said:

The EX20S paired with the C30 motor should actually allow a higher top speed than the EX-N due to the larger battery capacity. This larger capacity reduces voltage sag thus allowing the motor to spin faster before being overpowered. The 25lb difference in wheel weight isn't going to significantly effect top speed IMO. A good comparison in topspeed would be the Extreme Bull Commander HS as it has the same battery capacity.

That's the hope! Just need a wheel for a brave soul to test it out, though for my purposes, I'm just looking for extra headroom. I'm feeling pretty good thinking I can comfortablye cruise 40-45 mph with this wheel, even more so with potential Commander HS speeds and, of course, suspension.

The only other concern I'd have is whether or not there's enough interest in this wheel for future batch deliveries or support, or if it's just going to be Master all the way.

• Like 1