Begode EX20S 3600wh: 100V, suspension, 104lb

On 3/28/2023 at 11:01 AM, Ser_skele said:

I need New ones as Well. Anyhelp on where To get em? 

And does anyone know if I can bypass the chargedistribution board and directly charge the batteries from the xt90 Connectors To charge faster than 12.5 amps? 

I don't remember if them are simply XT90 (2 wires) or are different connectors (with an extra third wire), but if they are xt90, you can make a 4-4-1 connector (4 connectors to connect each one to each battery pack, another 4 to connect each one to each connector on charge distribution PCB, and 1 to connect directly to charger) and charge directly from a powerful charger.

You can hide the new connector near the front light or near the motor wire plastic box that is fixed to the chassis.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2023 at 6:37 PM, RaulR said:

I don't remember if them are simply XT90 (2 wires) or are different connectors (with an extra third wire), but if they are xt90, you can make a 4-4-1 connector (4 connectors to connect each one to each battery pack, another 4 to connect each one to each connector on charge distribution PCB, and 1 to connect directly to charger) and charge directly from a powerful charger.

You can hide the new connector near the front light or near the motor wire plastic box that is fixed to the chassis.

I think I Will try this, thank you. 

Is there an easy way to get usb power from the ex20 I've just bought one and would like to add a display ethier android based or maybe a GPS Speedo from Amazon . They are all car based and require micro usb . They are cheap so thought it might be worth a go 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autopmall-Display-Speedometer-OverSpeed-Navigation/dp/B0BJDCPRFX/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?adgrpid=54928268042&hvadid=259148174300&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1007135&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=12707415495596088711&hvtargid=kwd-296793276171&hydadcr=16908_1745147&keywords=gps+speedometer&qid=1681837603&sr=8-16

Easiest way is to just fit a 10aH power bank and run power from it. I don't know if the motherboard has pin outs for 5v. I got a stepdown converter that makes 12v from the batteries directly and then I route that into a motorcycle usb charge thingy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to know what 'Safety Margin' settings I should use in EUC world, for my EX20S HS (C30 motor). I get an alarm around 58-64km/h (36-40mph) of "Safety Margin too low"; this is with my Safety Margin Scaling set to 0% and Safety Margin Alarm set to 15%. I'm not comfortable pushing the wheel to explore what these settings should be (while risking a cutout), but I'm also not sure I'd hear the wheel beeps anyway (I use in-helmet speakers connected to the phone to get EUC World alarms etc.). I don't often exceed 65km/h (~40mph) or so, but I'm fairly sure the wheel will safely go faster (flat ground, limited wind etc.) so I'd like to change these alarm settings to a more reasonable number, while remaining safe. Any help would be appreciated!

I weigh 240lbs geared and have set tiltback at 20% pwm remaining. I've gone over 50kph and seen the pwm% only at 60% duty cycle. This is with freestyler's custom firmware, perhaps you have some other setting overlapping the safety margin and getting an alarm from that? C30 should easily pass 60kph on flat ground, I've done it and no complaints from the wheel. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ser_skele said:

This is with freestyler's custom firmware, perhaps you have some other setting overlapping the safety margin and getting an alarm from that

Only @Freestyler's custom firmware gets the real pwm %/safety margin from the begode wheels.

EUCW is "just" calculating/estimating pwm %/safety margin.

With the custom firmware EUCW gets the reported "real" pwm % too, afair/k.

There is no trick to update the euc EX20S with the cfw, right?

Because I have tried in all possible ways and the euc does not want to update itself neither to CFW nor to OFW... I don't know what to do to update it.

3 hours ago, RaulR said:

There is no trick to update the euc EX20S with the cfw, right?

Because I have tried in all possible ways and the euc does not want to update itself neither to CFW nor to OFW... I don't know what to do to update it.

I did my flashing before it was possible via euc.world so it was with the proxy from freestyler. Can't help you in flashing it currently, maybe some help from cfw thread or euc.world thread? 

Good timing - I just finished installing the custom firmware minutes ago on my EX20S HS (C30), which I did through the EUC World app. I encountered two small issues - the first was that, after selecting the correct firmware path (custom vs Begode), I selected the newest custom firmware version but it wouldn't let me do anything to it. I later figured out that, because I had the phone set to landscape mode, the 'update' button was not visible in the popup window of the app. So if you run into this problem, change the default orientation of the app (in the app settings) to Portrait and you should see the 'update' button.

The second small issue is already well documented, and it's that after doing the update, the app still reports the firmware version as the previous version. This is normal - if you went from the GW firmware to the CF (custom) firmware, you can rest assured that you have the newer one installed. The issue is that Gotway did not update the version number inside the firmware file, only changed the file name, so the app reads that info from the firmware file and just reports what the firmware tells it. Hope that makes sense.

I haven't tried it yet but am looking forward to doing so. Would be interested to hear what others have thought of the CF firmware on the EX20 HS i.e. what differences did you notice etc.

2 hours ago, Ser_skele said:

I did my flashing before it was possible via euc.world so it was with the proxy from freestyler. Can't help you in flashing it currently, maybe some help from cfw thread or euc.world thread? 

I think that my EUC hates me... 😂

One other thing I noticed after going for a ride yesterday... I installed the latest version of custom firmware, and enabled Dynamic Tiltback (since that was the main point of installing the firmware anyway). I like to ride with the headlight flashing, but it wouldn't flash with the new firmware - it would only go on or off (even when EUC world said it was flashing, it was fully on instead). I later found that if I disabled dynamic tiltback, I could still have a flashing light. So there's something in the firmware that seems to disallow having a flashing headlight while dynamic tiltback is enabled. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

2 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

One other thing I noticed after going for a ride yesterday... I installed the latest version of custom firmware, and enabled Dynamic Tiltback (since that was the main point of installing the firmware anyway). I like to ride with the headlight flashing, but it wouldn't flash with the new firmware - it would only go on or off (even when EUC world said it was flashing, it was fully on instead). I later found that if I disabled dynamic tiltback, I could still have a flashing light. So there's something in the firmware that seems to disallow having a flashing headlight while dynamic tiltback is enabled. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

The flashing headlight will alert you to a pwm warning with the custom firmware. 

Edited by Paradox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Paradox said:

The flashing headlight will alert you to a pwm warning. 

I just read that in the custom firmware thread. That explains disabling the flashing light mode. Not ideal for me but so be it. :-(

• Like 1

is there some way to turn the EX20's rear light permanently red? EUCs are illegal as hell to operate on public roads where I live anyway, I really dont need an obviously non-road legal colored rear light to draw extra police attention. 

Does it even get red? I have seen green, blue, yellow and I dont even know what those colours really mean. Could be battery SOC but also temperature of the control board for all I know... Begode thought it wold be a good idea to send this wheel out without any kind of manual.

Edited by mhpr262

4 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Does it even get red?

It gets red when the battery is low.  It's easy to unplug if you don't want the blue flashing. I think this is only at a stand still though. 

• 3 months later...

It would be interesting to know if the EX20S is any different to the EX30. @EMA would be the best person to ask, hopefully he will pick up on the tag and reply.

I suspect the EX20 may be closer in linkage design to the Master (which is very different to the EX30).

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 8:58 AM, Ser_skele said:

It is red while riding as far as I know. Colored statuses for battery only while stationery 

Mine isnt red while riding, it shows the colored battery status at all times. I may have to add a red battery powered bicycle light, or better two to make it seem less jury rigged. One on the backside of each rearward battery pack. 

Btw has anybody tried a road tire on the EX20S and can give any recommendations? I am kinda sick of how squirrelly, and unstable the factory CST knobby feels on asphalt, especially when riding seated. It has gotten a bit better of the last couple thousand kilometers as the center row of knobs has worn off, but not better enough.

18 hours ago, Ser_skele said:

As there are many providers for master and master pro suspension linkages with different ratios (ex30 too, maybe?) has anybody thought of us ex20s riders? Is there a need for better designed links? 

ex20 leverage is good, if i remember correctly use 40-45mm of shock travel, it's really good and works with low psi like it should.
the only downside i see is that it's an insanely big and heavy piece of metal.

i have an ex20 in town, sooner or later i'll change the tire on it and take a look

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Btw has anybody tried a road tire on the EX20S and can give any recommendations? I am kinda sick of how squirrelly, and unstable the factory CST knobby feels on asphalt, especially when riding seated. It has gotten a bit better of the last couple thousand kilometers as the center row of knobs has worn off, but not better enough.

I had mine swapped from the CST knobby to the Michelin Pilot Street 2 and I liked it a lot. The wheel really is meant more for street riding soda. Street tire makes sense.