Begode EX20S 3600wh: 100V, suspension, 104lb

2 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

Thanks, I'll have a look at this tomorrow. But Jeez, seriously how could this have NOT been detected before the wheel left the factory?! You'd think they cant even push the finished wheel around without having to stumble over that issue.

image.thumb.png.b606d83b43cc283b37e9a0db4d151933.png

7 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

Thanks, I'll have a look at this tomorrow. But Jeez, seriously how could this have NOT been detected before the wheel left the factory?!

You must be knew to the Begode ecosystem.  lol.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

A friend of mine says to hold down the power button and the lift switch at the same time.  Do not release them.  He then connects his wheel to EucWorld and finishes the firmware update.  There are others that have tried other methods to fix this.

Here are two videos to unbrick the Master Pro.  Different solutions.

@Seba Can you offer other suggestions? 

15 minutes ago, RaulR said:

New problem...

Can you finish the update when the wheel is on?  It looks like you could connect to the app and do the update.

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

A friend of mine says to hold down the power button and the lift switch at the same time.  Do not release them.  He then connects his wheel to EucWorld and finishes the firmware update.  There are others that have tried other methods to fix this.

Here are two videos to unbrick the Master Pro.  Different solutions.

@Seba Can you offer other suggestions? 

I have tried all hahaha.

The big problem is that on this mode (it not seems that firmware update mode) is that I can connect with begode app to EUC but I can't start the update because the EUC doesn't reacts.

Euc world can't connect to EUC. It can find the bluetooth from the euc but can't connect to it.

I'll try to do all over again... Maybe I'll be luck... 🤞

There is a LOT to be said for 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', and Begode are fabulously shady about what exactly is the correct procedure for updating their wheels, such that I advise people simply not to do it unless they absolutely have to for some reason. I suspect the advice for the Master Series updates may not apply here. Only Begode and  perhaps the dealers can really clarify that I think... 

Good news!

I've ran the euc doing (another time) the same of this video but, when the euc starts to beep, I don't release the power button.

Then I've cun run the Begode app, to go the option to update and... the app didn't started the update.

I have powered off the euc disconnecting the power connector, reconnected the connector, do the same sequence and then Begode app has connected immediately and has started to update.

Then I've power on normally and when I've checked the firmware version... It's the same before the update... LOL

I don't understand why this fucked euc can't update with official firmware or CFW... 

7 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

There is a LOT to be said for 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', and Begode are fabulously shady about what exactly is the correct procedure for updating their wheels, such that I advise people simply not to do it unless they absolutely have to for some reason. I suspect the advice for the Master Series updates may not apply here. Only Begode and  perhaps the dealers can really clarify that I think... 

Since the ex20s does not have a screen, you do not know if it has entered update mode or not, it does not make 4 beeps either, it only makes 1 and very weakly.

It's hard to tell which mode it's in.

7 minutes ago, RaulR said:

I don't understand why this fucked euc can't update with official firmware or CFW.

This has happened to others in this thread.  Begode is not reporting correct version.  Read back a few pages and this will be addressed.

Edited by Paradox

8 minutes ago, RaulR said:

I don't understand why this fucked euc can't update with official firmware or CFW... 

When I updated to the custom firmware I put the phone in airplane mode then I turned on bluetooth and wifi.  I made sure there were no bluetooth devices connected except the wheel.  I disabled the screen timeout and the update went without any problems.

35 minutes ago, Paradox said:

This has happened to others in this thread.  Begode is not reporting correct version.  Read back a few pages and this will be addressed.

Yes, I read it, but this ex20s doesn't want to be updated.  Even though I select the cfw from euc world, the version that still appears in the euc is the original one, and I know that it hasn't been updated because I can't configure the pwm tiltback (using this URL https://freestyl3r.github.io/euc-dash/begode.html).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paradox said:

When I updated to the custom firmware I put the phone in airplane mode then I turned on bluetooth and wifi.  I made sure there were no bluetooth devices connected except the wheel.  I disabled the screen timeout and the update went without any problems.

Have you been able to update the ex20s?

1 minute ago, RaulR said:

Have you been able to update the ex20s?

Yes I am running the custom firmware with pwm tiltback.

... there is no way to update... It doesn't want...

I have tried with an OnePlus 7, OnePlus 9, blackview, Xiaomi tablet... Nothing. The update finish correctly but always it shows the same version when I power on it.

Is there any other way to update it? 

On 2/1/2023 at 7:19 PM, Ser_skele said:

Today I disassembled my wheel a bit and was pleasantly surprised To find all the batteries To be connected in parallel. For some reason I had the though that it was 2s2p but nope. This brings a nice level of redundancy in my opinion. Although I cant understand the xt60 going To the mobo when there are xt90s at battery side :rolleyes:

Has anybody else checked theirs? I cant find any info on this other than mine. 

Hello fellow ex20s owners. Today I present my solid front handle. It is made of 30mm x 4mm flat aluminum. It is ugly but functional. U can really yank on it To brake while seated. Also can lift the wheel using it. I Will add some paracord around it as a final touch when I get my hands on some. 

20230315_210057.jpg

20230315_210042.jpg

• Like 1

Hello fellow ex20s owners. Today I present New headlight 

https://www.valostore.fi/fi/tuote/purelux_terrain_black_slim_spot

It  can almost show the future

And rear Light idea stolen from goGeorgego? Am not sure but most likely him. Thank you

20230317_235229.jpg

20230317_235217.jpg

20230317_234834.jpg

Edited by Ser_skele
Forgot photos
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The fairing-plus-front bumper that I modeled and 3D printed to hide the ugly front light carrier of the EX20S:

(If anybody is interested in the STL file just send me a PM)

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1115.JPG

If IIMG_1119.JPG

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/1/2022 at 9:28 PM, Chi-Way Black said:

Welp, my trolley handle broke today. One of the little nubs broke awhile ago but the second one is now a goner too. Trying to figure out how to keep the trolley handle down given the spring for a temporary fix.  Alien Rides has already ordered spare parts for me. 

Edit: Took the spring out so at the very least the handle isn't popping up on me while riding. There needs to be a more robust fix put in place for these small pieces of metal that are supposed to hold the trolley handle on, though.

PXL-20220901-165148442.jpg

I need New ones as Well. Anyhelp on where To get em? 

And does anyone know if I can bypass the chargedistribution board and directly charge the batteries from the xt90 Connectors To charge faster than 12.5 amps?