Begode EX20S 3600wh: 100V, suspension, 104lb

22 hours ago, arcyenom said:

Looks like there's new firmware. Anyone try it?

Edit: Soft mode still broken in this firmware.

thats a shame, i know when got my ex20s the soft mode was busted right out of the box. but after contacting them, i had an updated firmware fix within 24 hours. what version are you using? i wonder why a newer firmware would revert back to the old broken soft mode again.

I would like to get some input from owners of EX20S HS, and either Sherman, Commander, Monster Pro, or Abrams to share their opinions on stability and braking when riding on main roads in the speed range of 35 mph and 45+mph. It would be great if factors such as wind and bumps are mentioned too. Thanks.

Edited by techyiam

So today was my first time attempting to ride the wheel since I updated it and broke soft mode. Turns out medium and hard modes were a little shaky too. I checked for a new update and found one. It has fixed my medium mode issue but I haven't tried soft mode yet. Just a PSA.

Edited by arcyenom
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 7:33 PM, techyiam said:

I would like to get some input from owners of EX20S HS, and either Sherman, Commander, Monster Pro, or Abrams to share their opinions on stability and braking when riding on main roads in the speed range of 35 mph and 45+mph. It would be great if factors such as wind and bumps are mentioned too. Thanks.

This wheel (ex20s HS) has been super stable for me when braking. I don't ride faster than 40 though so you may need to get another opinion on braking from 45.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any updates on the firmware issues? I've ordered my EX20S HS (C30) from AlienRides and want to know if I should 'update' the firmware when I get it or not. Is there a 'known good' firmware version, and if so, what version is it? I'm pretty excited about this wheel!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mantraguy said:

I've ordered my EX20S HS (C30) from AlienRides

If you don't mind my asking, what other charges did you have to pay (shipping, duty, broker fees, taxes, etc.)? Thanks.

$3694 Cdn + $?

Edited by techyiam

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

If you don't mind my asking, what other charges did you have to pay (shipping, duty, broker fees, taxes, etc.)? Thanks.

$3694 Cdn + $?

image.thumb.png.79b474391db562aad4da76374e71a468.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

$3694 Cdn + $?

Note the above reply was not me. ;-)

I paid CAD$3694 for the wheel plus CAD$226 for shipping (UPS standard). I've been informed that it will ship tomorrow so I haven't received it yet, and therefore haven't cleared it through customs etc. As many Canadians know, UPS charges a considerable fee for customs brokerage so I'm going to try to avoid having them do the brokerage for me and I'll self-clear at my CBSA office. Depending on a few factors, this may add a day or two to delivery times but it should save me at least $150-200. I expect to have to pay GST and PST but hopefully no duty or other fees. We'll see how it goes; I'll update this once it's all done, if I remember to. ;-)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

I'll self-clear at my CBSA office. Depending on a few factors, this may add a day or two to delivery times but it should save me at least $150-200.

Thank you for your reply. 

That's a nice savings. 

How does one inform UPS that you will do the brokering yourself, and what is involved in the brokerage process at the CSBA office. Thanks.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Thank you for your reply. 

That's a nice savings. 

How does one inform UPS that you will do the brokering yourself, and what is involved in the brokerage process at the CSBA office. Thanks.

By law, UPS has to have your permission to handle the customs clearance / brokerage on your behalf. They don't usually pose this as a question, but they'll generally notify you in some way before the package arrives. If you elect to use a different customs broker or take care of it yourself, they are legally obligated to give you any paperwork you require for this to happen. Usually what you need from them are the tracking number, a copy of the commercial invoice, the unique package identifier (my terminology may be incorrect), and the location that they are holding your package until clearance is complete.

Once you have all this paperwork, head down to your local CBSA 'inland' customs office (you can find a list of locations on the CBSA's web site) with everything and they'll have you fill out a B-15 customs form. Once that's completed and you've paid any applicable Canadian sales taxes and duties to the CBSA, they'll stamp your B-15 and you're on your way. You'll have to send this to the UPS brokerage department as proof of payment of taxes etc. and they will release the package for delivery.

It is a bit of running around, and if you're in a remote area without a local CBSA customs office, it may not be worth it since you do have to show up in person with ID (you can't do it by email or phone etc.). But for an hour or two of your time you'll save all the brokerage fees that UPS charges, which (depending on the value of the shipment) can be a few hundred dollars.

Note that another way of avoiding UPS brokerage fees is to have it shipped with a faster level of service (anything other than Standard). Most other couriers charge a more reasonable fee (FedEx etc.) but they all charge some brokerage fee. You won't get around Canadian sales taxes but you will avoid all of the other fees the couriers charge for customs clearance.

Edited by Mantraguy
  • Like 1

So guys, after reading this entire thread is this info accurate?

- if soft mode works properly on this wheel, don’t update firmware

- performs comparably to an EXN

- doesn’t require protection due to its all metal casing (sans top seat) 

- battery pack corners could be problematic, add protection if riding off road

- suspension is similar to the shock on the KS-S18 

• Upvote 1

On 9/17/2022 at 8:33 PM, techyiam said:

I owned an original Sherman and Mpro.  I should be able to give you the feedback you need when I get this wheel next week.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EMA said:

out of the box is the best suspension avaible, way better than s18. in any case a shock upgrade is recommended ;)

Really? It appears to have the same suspension travel as the master and hero, what makes it different on this wheel?

14 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

Really? It appears to have the same suspension travel as the master and hero, what makes it different on this wheel?

sliders design is good without stiction, linkage is well done. one of the most pleasant wheel to ride, fullsend blind in the night without issue :D

• Like 3