Begode EX20S 3600wh: 100V, suspension, 104lb

HAve you tried different pedal modes and how that affects this slop? Firmware based thing, I believe. When I had stock begode firmware I didnt notice this slop but after flashing freestylers dynamic tiltback firmware I too saw what you describe. Soft pedalmode seems to increase the slop amount. Doesnt really bother me 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ser_skele said:

HAve you tried different pedal modes and how that affects this slop? Firmware based thing, I believe. When I had stock begode firmware I didnt notice this slop but after flashing freestylers dynamic tiltback firmware I too saw what you describe. Soft pedalmode seems to increase the slop amount. Doesnt really bother me 

+1.

My experience came from my V12.

The back and forth play make it feel like if the pedal hangers were lose on the axle.

I actually took my wheel apart to verify. Once I knew it wasn't due to mechanical looseness, I did manage to remove the slop updating firmware and changing settings. 

Of course, on suspension wheels, there is also the play in the sliders.

But the fact remains that it could also be firmware / settings related.

Edited by techyiam

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

+1.

My experience came from my V12.

The back and forth play make it feel like if the pedal hangers were lose on the axle.

I actually took my wheel apart to verify. Once I knew it wasn't due to mechanical looseness, I did manage to remove the slop updating firmware and changing settings. 

Of course, on suspension wheels, there is also the play in the sliders.

But the fact remains that it could also be firmware / settings related.

My thoughts exactly! Felt like it was loose on the axle. But it suddenly appeared after firmware update so I wasn't too concerned. I'd rather have dynamic tiltback than no slops :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Your EX20S has dynamic tilt-back now?

I didn't know Begode wheels has that feature available on some of their wheels. 

Custom firmware.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Paradox said:

Custom firmware.

Good morning.

How could you do the update?  I'm trying but when the EUC finishes the update it always indicates that the firmware version is the same, the one before the update...

Should I do any special steps such as turning the wheel down when turning it on, leaving a button pressed,...?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaulR said:

Good morning.

How could you do the update?  I'm trying but when the EUC finishes the update it always indicates that the firmware version is the same, the one before the update...

Should I do any special steps such as turning the wheel down when turning it on, leaving a button pressed,...?

Thanks in advance.

I have not done the update yet.  It shows in my EucWorld app as a custom firmware that is available.  Maybe someone else who did the update can chime in.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RaulR said:

This is because Begode is messing with firmware numbers - some firmwares listed by Begode under new version number are internally marked with lower version number.

• Like 1

So I have just received my new EX20HT. Its already dark but tomorrow I am going to take it for a spin. Are there any recommendations as to the tire and shock pressure? I weigh around 125kg with gear but I never do any jumps or tricks and would prefer a soft suspension.

• Like 1

I have 35psi in the tire.  My shock only has 160psi in it.  Some have much higher pressure in the shock but I find I get little sag or no cushion if I go with a higher pressure.  My weight is 150lbs geared up ymmv.  Experiment.  Pump the shock and sit on the wheel.  If it has some sag you might be good.  I have not bottomed out yet in 500 miles of riding. 

On 2/9/2023 at 5:14 PM, Seba said:

This is because Begode is messing with firmware numbers - some firmwares listed by Begode under new version number are internally marked with lower version number.

Ok, I understand, but what I don't understand is that I've tried to flash the CFW about 10 times and the OFW as many times and when I reboot the EUC it always shows me the official firmware, without changing the version... and, if I can't flash the CFW, I can't adjust the PWM tiltback...
I don't understand why it doesn't update.
Do I have to press some combination of buttons or do something special?
Thanks in advance.

32 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Nice! I assume you took advantage of some rather neat discounts that I've seen for this wheel?

I just compared prices from different shops. I originally wanted to buy an Extreme Bull Commander for 2.800€ but I waited too long and it was back at 2.990€ when I was ready to buy so I looked for somethign diferent with an equally sized battery.And the price of that EX20 couldnt be beat, especially when the suspension seems to work really well.

The only problem is that I havent been able to turn it on yet!? The battery is about 40% charged  but when I press the power button is does nothing but beep and occasionally it flashes its headlights for a fraction of a second. Is there some kind of trick to it? Do I have to switch it on while it is charging for the first time or sth similar?

8 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

The only problem is that I havent been able to turn it on yet!? The battery is about 40% charged  but when I press the power button is does nothing but beep and occasionally it flashes its headlights for a fraction of a second. Is there some kind of trick to it? Do I have to switch it on while it is charging for the first time or sth similar?

Sounds like something is wrong.  Have you tried connecting the Begode app or EucWorld? 

Just now, Paradox said:

Do I have to switch it on while it is charging for the first time or sth similar?

It may be in transit mode.  You might be turning the wheel on and off but it wont balance because it is in transit mode.  The light flashing once happens when I turn my wheel off. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2023 at 11:35 PM, mhpr262 said:

Thanks, that did the trick! I have managed to get it to turn on and balance!

There is only one question now: why did I have to ask a person for this information who is two continents and a major ocean away from me? Why wasnt this described in the fucking manual?!

Oh thats right, because there wasnt any fucking manual! They didnt think it a good idea to include a manual with this 3.000€, 60 km/h topspeed electric vehicle. This is my first begode wheel but I can see how everything people say about them is true.

Oh it gets worse 🫢🫢

Is the trolley handle of the EX20  supposed to lock in place when it is it fully extended? I recently watched a video review of the EX20 and the guy had the trolley handle fully extended and it looked like he had to press the button again before he could push the handle back in. 

The handle of my own EX20 doesnt do that, at no point does it seem to lock in place when it is fully extended? A couple of days ago I nearly fell over and crashed into an aisle of vegatables when I took it into the grocery story and tried to lean on the handle a little bit like I would do with my V10F and my V11.

Edited by mhpr262
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2023 at 9:35 PM, mhpr262 said:

Why wasnt this described in the fucking manual?!

It's Begode's inadvertent way of telling you that if you hadn't done enough research you shouldn't be riding one of their wheels, which, appalling as that state of affairs might be, is correct ! :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

Is the trolley handle of the EX20  supposed to lock in place when it is it fully extended? I recently watched a video review of the EX20 and the guy had the trolley handle fully extended and it looked like he had to press the button again before he could push the handle back in. 

The trolley handle locks in place.  The problem is there is a piece of plastic that is 2mm to long.  It needs to be trimmed.  I think this has been addressed in this thread.

Edited by Paradox
  • Like 1

Thanks, I'll have a look at this tomorrow. But Jeez, seriously how could this have NOT been detected before the wheel left the factory?! You'd think they cant even push the finished wheel around without having to stumble over that issue.