Begode EX20S 3600wh: 100V, suspension, 104lb

7 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

in regards to the softmode, very different, since it happens at zero mph and makes the wheel completely unrideable in soft mode. the very first firmware update resolved it though. so only first batch units are affected. 

if you do the firmware update right now in the app you get a version that makes it oscillate in soft mode. messed up situation!

34 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Michelin City Grip 2 ONLY comes in 90/90-14 (there is NO 80/90-14 option) so will be much wider at approx. 90mm-92mm fitted!

this is incorrect, i have an 80/90-14 on the wheel right now. that size is just very backordered and hard to get, it took me a month to receive mine and i only got 1 of the 2 i ordered.

the 90/90-14 should probably fit but you'll only have a couple mm of space side to side, there's only about 95mm of lateral room in there and it may be difficult to fit the tire over the bottom spacer when putting it back in the wheel well.

other tires you might consider in the larger size include the michelin city grip 2 90/90-14

Edited by widdershins

I have the City Grip 2 90/90 -14 on my Sherman Max.  I had to shave at least 4-5 mm off each side to make it work.  The Sherman Max width is something like 89mm so the city grip pushes 100mm before any shaving.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pkinpdx said:

I have the City Grip 2 90/90 -14 on my Sherman Max.  I had to shave at least 4-5 mm off each side to make it work.  The Sherman Max width is something like 89mm so the city grip pushes 100mm before any shaving.

good info. yeah it is probably safer going with the pilot street 90mm; the 80/90-14 is pretty much exactly 80mm wide on the rim and from pictures it seems like the 90/90 is plausibly about 10mm bigger. it's a real tight fit either way, imo there's nothing wrong with the 80/90 size if you can get it

5 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

i ride between 35 and 40 generally. i tend to top out around 42 on most aggressive rides 

Speed range between 55 km/h to 65 km/h is still very good for real life everyday commuting. Thanks for sharing.

31 minutes ago, arcyenom said:

What do you mean where? Bumpers are in the same place on every wheel, the front near the top.

What's the max charge rate on these things? Can't find it anywhere.

A bumper is just a thing that protects something, you can have them anywhere you wish to protect something, for instance the tail light or the battery boxes.

If you want to be understood front bumper is good to clarify. 😉👍

10 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

A bumper is just a thing that protects something, you can have them anywhere you wish to protect something, for instance the tail light or the battery boxes.

If you want to be understood front bumper is good to clarify. 😉👍

Send whatever, I'm just looking for options. If I asked for pads would you ask if I meant right or left?

On 8/11/2022 at 6:25 AM, arcyenom said:

What do you mean where? Bumpers are in the same place on every wheel, the front near the top.

this is why i am asking:

Spoiler

front.jpeg

rear.jpeg

the only place you might really want to add bumpers is on the front outside corners of the front batteries. even then it's not a big deal

On 8/11/2022 at 6:25 AM, arcyenom said:

What's the max charge rate on these things? Can't find it anywhere.

well it's an 8p pack of probably LG high capacity cells. those are rated for charging at up to about 3.4 amps per cell. the charge ports are rated at 15 amps per conductor and there are two ports with two pins each positive and negative, so that's not a limitation. the charge ports are set in an aggregation PCB that has a surface-mount fuse, reportedly about 15A, and it may also get warm under high current. and lastly, the manufacturer recommended charging rate maximum is 10A.

in total, if you replace the fuse with a bigger one (you can get 30A surface mounts that fit on digikey) you can probably do 20, 25A just fine for long trips when you need to charge quickly.

Edited by widdershins

13 minutes ago, Greg X said:

ex20s has not only biggest battery among all suspension wheels, but is also .....1/3 cheaper than inmotion v13.

Not here in the US.  Preorder price for both are the same at eWheels.  Other US retailers have the EX20s slightly ($200) cheaper than the V13. 

• Like 1

You compare regular price of ex20s with preorder price of v13 (for prototype with huge chance of issues). When ex20s was in preorder it cost around 3000usd, preorder of v13 cost 4000usd.

Regular price

ex20s: 3750-3800

v13 - 4600

Edited by Greg X

On 8/12/2022 at 12:54 PM, widdershins said:

this is why i am asking:

Hide contents

front.jpeg

rear.jpeg

the only place you might really want to add bumpers is on the front outside corners of the front batteries. even then it's not a big deal

well it's an 8p pack of probably LG high capacity cells. those are rated for charging at up to about 3.4 amps per cell. the charge ports are rated at 15 amps per conductor and there are two ports with two pins each positive and negative, so that's not a limitation. the charge ports are set in an aggregation PCB that has a surface-mount fuse, reportedly about 15A, and it may also get warm under high current. and lastly, the manufacturer recommended charging rate maximum is 10A.

in total, if you replace the fuse with a bigger one (you can get 30A surface mounts that fit on digikey) you can probably do 20, 25A just fine for long trips when you need to charge quickly.

My foam top came ripped near the front so I don't have a lot of faith in it. Guess I'm wondering if something could be affixed to the headlight.

On the charging rate, Wrong Way just showed 8a on his video. No idea where he got it from though.

16 hours ago, arcyenom said:

My foam top came ripped near the front so I don't have a lot of faith in it. Guess I'm wondering if something could be affixed to the headlight.

On the charging rate, Wrong Way just showed 8a on his video. No idea where he got it from though.

the headlight is awful but the frame the lights are set in is built like a tank. the stock headlight is basically only good as a crash bumper, not much reason to put anything else on it (and nowhere you would put it, given that you'd just block what little light there is).

for charging: 8A is great and plenty gentle for day to day charging. 12A would also be fine and is easily achievable without any modding at all. what i wrote about the upper charging limits still applies.

12 hours ago, arcyenom said:

What's the state of the firmware updates? There's two on there but I don't want to risk getting the sketchy build.

if your wheel works fine and doesn't shake in soft mode, Do Not. just don't mess with it, it's fine as it is.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, arcyenom said:

Can I get some other people messaging Seb to get him to add the C30 model to EUC World? Currently have it set to a commander which I assume is fine but would like to remove all doubt.

@Seba

• Like 2

13 hours ago, arcyenom said:

Can I get some other people messaging Seb to get him to add the C30 model to EUC World? Currently have it set to a commander which I assume is fine but would like to remove all doubt.

Did you get a response to do a lift speed test in EUC World? That's what I was asked when I asked about adding the EX20S C30 to the list.

If so, what did you get as your 3 lift speeds?

• Like 1