Inmotion "V13" announcement forthcoming!

mrelwood

Yes, 40kg at 70kph going to cause a lot of damage to anything or anyone it hits.

There are warning beeps and yet it seems some ignore them.

A tumbling Sherman bouncing up and through a windscreen of an oncoming car..

Numerous videos of NY riders racing at high speeds on highways/tunnels for cars....and crashing after cutouts...

Will it then be:

We will learn from this tragic unforeseeable, unexpected, unpredictable, mistake. 

It was an accident, beyond control, no one is responsible..

Pure speculation, but - piggybacking off the Eevee teaser - hot-swappable batteries seem like the logical "unprecedented" upgrade for the V13(00) (given that we're unlikely to see any consumer-grade solid-state Li-Ion batteries for years still).

...That, or simply the decision to create two wheel sizes for a single model release (e.g. 16" and 20").

Almost everything else - suspension, BMS, motor wattage/speed, battery size - are all incremental changes, and hardly groundbreaking.

Tethers and airbags... I don't think we'll ever see those on a stock EUC, for the same reason we don't see them on stock motorcycles, despite government safety regulations - airbags are cumbersome, single-use, and accidental deployment would make them a massive safety risk; and being tethered to a hurdling chunk of metal sounds like an awful idea personally, but no-one's stopping you from chaining your leg to a Sherman's roll-bar if you absolutely have to.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

The stupid simplest feature I still feel is long-overdue would be a button on the handle to deploy/drop the pedals. This wouldn't have to be motorized or anything complicated, just a very simple mechanism that would retract the magnets so the pedals would fall. Conversely I don't mind kicking the pedals back up into place (it's still very satisfying).

Of a similar vein, the first time I saw the rails on the original Sherman my brain wanted to see a couple legs slide down out of the vertical corner rails to serve as a stand. Of course something automated with pistons would be sweet, but this could even be just a manual tube-in-tube sliding bolt lock.

Unfortunately ideas like these are probably too late to make it into next wheel. 

I am tagging you to this so you can feed it back to engineers @INMOTION_Fiona @Cecily Inmotion

Btw it might be great to interduce yourself so we know what you do and whom to ask questions. 

• Like 1

It is interesting to read thoughts about all these cool ideas such as swappable batteries, automatic pedal deployment, automatic horizontal adjustment of lights and of course, air bags... :-) I am sure however, that the novelty will be in the performance.

Connecting all pieces of information we have, the new thing will be really fast and really powerful. We know that it will be the fastest wheel ever, which can only mean 100kph (60mph) maximum speed (120kph free spin). And we also know that the range will be better than any other InMotion wheel, which means at least 100km (60 miles) real world. To achieve all that it will have to have a motor bigger than 3kW and at least 2500Wh of energy. I wouldn't be surprised if in order to achieve greater power they decided to get to unprecedented operating voltages like 130V or higher (although I don't know whether it is possible to achieve with the conventional battery packs). And it will have to be at least 20' or better 22' (for the high speed stability).

Ah, and I also think this wheel will have to be really heavy. Maybe it won't be as heavy as Abrams, but the extra weight of suspension will have to push it over Sherman and Commander...

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, ugoaps said:

Seen on Telegram

-5913640045393328201_121.jpg

I like what I'm seeing here.
Although I'm not sure exactly what I'm seeing with the extra handle everywhere :D

And I'm ready to design a mudguard for one or the other to 3D print, because my pants and backpack are gonna get caked otherwise!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eucner said:

Indeed looks really nice, but I'm disappointed in V11 style suspension.

Inmotion will most definitely have refined how the "V11" style suspension is constructed, likely upgrading the plastic slides that wear out far too quickly! Linear bearings have been around for many, many years and could be an option to maintain the compact suspension Inmotion looks to be adhering to here!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eucner said:

Indeed looks really nice, but I'm disappointed in V11 style suspension.

Well the patents application that someone found and posted on telegram explain a very different suspension system to the V11 design. 

But like the render picture above, I don't put too much into this yet as there is only a outer co tour picture hinting the product so far. Once we see a real life product that is ready for sale that when I would be able to evaluate what to expect. But not until we have seen the first handful of rider talking about after ridi g it, that is when I can set my expectations about the ride feel. Which is very important to me. 

As a side note, at this point I don't think the KS S20 is a ready for sale wheel just yet despite some shared videos. 

• Like 3

I think this "blue bird" will have similar weight to Sherman (minus battery plus suspension), somewhere about 35-40kg hence lifting bars. Also due to the round bottom design, the centre of gravity may be slightly higher than Sherman's making it a little bit more head-heavy. ...Unless of course, it is not 22", which is quite possible looking how short the handle appears to be...

Edited by That Guy

I like the looks though in the right version the asymmetric shapes in the shell (above the pedal, below the vertical handles) seem odd. Perhaps they cover up some suspension details?

The fact that the shell fully hides the suspension is a good thing! In a crash there is much less danger of damaging the suspension than for an S18/S20 or the V11 which has its saddle+pedals exposed. 

• Like 2