Inmotion "V13" announcement forthcoming!

mrelwood

6 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Getting a bit bizarre.

More batteries, more power, more range, more weight, more cost.....seems to defeat the essence of an EUC.

As SP observes, maybe purchase a real petrol road vehicle that will cost less, legal, no range limit, no cut outs, safer, more comfortable, can carry passengers, proper suspension, comfortable seat, comfort, no explosions, no self combustion, no burning your house down, no lifting, highway speed capable, insurable for third party and public liability, etc....

Costs of registration, licence, insurance, fuel of course.  These are actually benefits.

Has a resale value in a much more liquid used marketplace.

There are hidden non monetary/unrealized (ie:potential liabilities) costs of an EUC including possibly higher risk of serious injury and death, wear and tear on body from riding/lifting, fire burning down your house, theft, physical lifespan/economic life of EUC, not insurable, not legal, potential for liability for third party property/public liability, etc....

Veteran Sherman $3699

200cc 4 stroke EFI Gas Moped $2047 on sale

CLASH-200_a-2.jpg

I think you point is head on the nail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am pretty sure too @supercurio will be first out point fingers at the new wheel with a smirk smile "whimp wheel it is not a big brother sherman". 

Absolutely ridiculous :huh:

I'd be very happy to see higher quality Sherman alternatives, with strong water resistance and BMS design, no pedal dipping just like the V12 is to an MSP/RS.

And I'd replace a working but rudimentary wheel like the Sherman, with half implemented implement alarms with a better alternative, if Inmotion goes head to head and complete.

I might suggest to be a bit more respectful to other members and question your own biases. You're coming of as defensive of this V13 virtual thing, which is probably coming from your relationship with this manufacturer who's currently using you as free marketing agent to hype and... defend their product before it's already launched.

Anyway, very odd reaction.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

If and when solid state batteries with double the energy densities become available......Joy to the World :)

It's Xmas.

Merry Xmas everyone. :)

That would make the wheel safe too, which would be the biggest benefit of all. I can’t wait.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Respect is a 2way street. Your post about launch time was uncalled for. And I just pointed out Inmotion history show to make wheels that sell in volume. What you want from a wheel is not necessary a volume market. 

V12 is not available in volume yet (I pre-order early). Production appears to be ramping up now. With 3+ months to ship to Europe or the US, most customers will be able to buy at the 1 to 1.5 year mark.

In the meantime, component shortage doesn't appear to improve significantly yet and indicators don't promise a quick recovery.

"Uncalled for"? I don't understand. I'm not attacking anything you're supposed to defend here. Again, strange reaction.

We're all observing the economy and industry here and trying out best to make predictions to figure out what are the best bets to get the wheel we're hoping for.

Prototypes, testing, production, shipping.. all takes times. I'm not trying to make negative stuff here only make reasonably accurate predictions given the state of things

I am suggesting it can be a great wheel what Inmotion have coming but putting it down with silly arguments that has no evidence is what I call out on. 

?????

How you praise the sherman and putting a wheel down that we don't know yet.

I am listing the Sherman's battery spec as well as mentioning how much the range is reduced at the few % of higher speeds that become common when riding a fast wheel: it's not a Sherman praise but a highlight of it's limitations instead.

And the V13 is teased to be very fast.

This is the reason why I'm concerned about the range of this incoming wheel, in cae it would be heavy, very  powerful and the fastest out here (from the rumors) - but with a smaller battery than the direct competition in it's category.

That I find odd. Yes I am not a Gotway front speaker. I like the way Inmotion design their products. They try to consider safety into their product. They are not perfect. So you call it defending, but I see it more like not attacking something new (and I will be blunt out of respect) with sill

statements. 

We know very little about the new

wheel coming. They have said the will announce the wheel in January. They did release very limited info to get a name that the community would like. 

Okay let's not be too naive on that, it's not an operation to ask the community for the name of their next wheel: it's called social media and influencers marketing.

I mean, it's 2021, that's Internet 101 nowadays.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, supercurio said:

Here, this discussion is merely speculation on a future announcement.

Sure. And the background information people have to make more or less educated guesses varies. And…

When will the "V13" product actually be shipping to customers?
1.5 to 2 years, right? 1 year at the very least for the 1st batch.

…this could be one of those exact situations. They’ve been at it for a year already, and my guesses on the timetable align with @Unventor’s. We probably have the first actual customer reviews up in the summer.

That's why it's fair to compare it to wheels released a year ago or today.

It’s one thing to compare, another to expect that it is designed to compete head on. There are intense sport cars that go fast, and there are comfy family cars that can also go fast.

Ask those who have been riding Sherman what they consider long range is.

Why would that tell us anything? You can just as well ask Mten users what they consider a long range. Nobody has any info about the range, except that it is the longest one Inmotion has made thus far. So all we know is that the battery is larger than 1800Wh.

you are the lead influencer @Inmotion Global chose to hype up their incoming product ;).

:roflmao: Very funny! OK Mr President, here’s some context for you:

The only thing IM has ever chosen me for, is to be an admin on their chat group. No wait, even that was after I offered to do it... Besides, TG doesn’t even allow for the usual chat admin rights. Do you think that my review made me a Gotway spokesperson 3 years ago? :P You got it all wrong, pal!

I'm not driving somewhere to ride: I ride there.

Most often, so do I. My EUCs have gotten many times the miles my car does soon 5 years in a row. Still, lifting the wheel to my car trunk or my workshop table is something I need to be able to do.

7 hours ago, supercurio said:

Large wheels like the V13

Do you know something we don’t?? Because, if it has an 14” rim like the V11 does, it looks to be more compact than the V11.

2 hours ago, supercurio said:

You're coming of as defensive of this V13 virtual thing

I guess most people who have been watching the markets a bit longer hear that a lot. People who don’t may come up with pretty wild ideas and dreams before any launch, and there will always be people who know enough to be able to say that “Sorry, the next iPhone is not going to have see-thru electronics“. No matter how useful the feature would be to this person.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 10:02 PM, mrelwood said:

How the communication starts with, is that I was given a piece of information, and a permission to share it on this forum:

Inmotion will make a public announcement in January 2022 about their next EUC!

@mrelwood I can guarantee you 100% that someone at Inmotion is following the textbook marketing strategy with influencers on social media and in forums, same as it has been used for at least the past 7 years.

Apparently they let you believe it was an organic thing, but it is not. This is all to build up hype and engagement.

Nothing wrong with that, and you disclosed that in you first post. But yes, contrats you're an influencer now ;)

9 hours ago, supercurio said:

I'd be very happy to see higher quality Sherman alternatives, with strong water resistance and BMS design, no pedal dipping just like the V12 is to an MSP/RS.

And I'd replace a working but rudimentary wheel like the Sherman, with half implemented implement alarms with a better alternative, if Inmotion goes head to head and complete.

Im not a brand whore anymore, KS broke me of that. This being the case, I too would quckly sell my sherm and buy an inmo, should they overtake the sherman format and specs, but add polish, safety, and quality control. Mitigate the pedal dip, add a good bms, waterproof it but dont make it weigh more, go slower or have less range. Keep it in the same ballpark of pricing and YES, I would totally buy an inmotion. WHen it came out, the sherman was the only option with such specs, unless you enjoy taking more risks thanI do. If thats the case, Gotway has your back.  I see the Sherm MAX came out, but it doesnt seem to actually improve on anything I found problematic. Im also not sure how much I trust the company or idea. INmotion HAS been out for a while. Excluding the shady behavior I notice from time to time, I dont see any reason I would AVOID Inmo. GOes both ways tho, as I havent seen any reason to patron them yet either.

• Like 3

Can someone explain to me this aversion to weight? I bought the Sherman as my first wheel. When riding the weight doesn't cause me a single issue, in fact even adding additional weight may help at high speeds. In terms of handling it when not riding... The thing powers itself when walking with the trolley handle, and you barely have to lift when using it's power to climb stairs. The few times I need to actually lift it, it's no big deal. What kind of man can't lift 80 pounds now and then to put it in a car trunk or whatever? I understand if you're a woman but come on, we all know there's next to no women riders on this forum. Even if a wheel weighed 100+ pounds it wouldn't be a big deal, as any normal person should be able to lift that occasionally. 

Also why are people complaining about bigger wheels becoming more common? Aren't there still just as many small wheels available? Are they suggestion bigger wheels shouldn't exist just because they don't like them, even though it just adds more choice?

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

Fair enough it wasn't a shot at anyone with health issues, but my point is any normal healthy man can lift 80+ pounds occasionally. Of course we can have smaller options for different types of people, and we do. I'm aware of that 50 pound rule, but keep in mind that applies to repetitive lifting. For example people who unload trailers will sometimes lift countless 50 pound boxes all day. Lifting an 80+ pound wheel once or twice a day isn't a big deal for healthy men. In regards to stairs, pretty much anyone could learn to take a Sherman up four flights of stairs. It's not fun to hunch over going step by step, but you only have to lift slightly to make sure it doesn't slip and spin out under it's own power. I'm just surprised by how many people complain about weight as someone who owns a heavy wheel.

50 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Fwiw, I've met plenty of women in much better condition than I. Tis somewhat offensive to generalize and label as you have. I'M the offensive one around here and don't you forget it!:eff02be2d7:

Come on man! I know you said you've got health issues, but no need to say (type) that out loud. I bet you're a strong guy despite your health issues.

There's nothing offensive about men being stronger than woman, it's simply a reality of life.

37 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

What kind of man can't lift 80 pounds now and then to put it in a car trunk or whatever?

To continue Shane’s list: Men with permanent or temporary back problems, muscle illnesses, soft tissue illnesses, permanent or temporary hand problems, shoulder problems, hip problems, some 50 year olds, most 60 year olds, almost every 70 year old, … Summing up all these are probably more common than being “normal” and “healthy”, even amongst EUC riders. Usually people realize before the age of 30 that it’s more common to be a minority than not.

we all know there's next to no women riders on this forum.

Meaning, there indeed are some.

Even if a wheel weighed 100+ pounds it wouldn't be a big deal, as any normal person should be able to lift that occasionally.

Hah, yes it definitely would be a big deal to a huge number of people. A bit narrow minded to think that “abnormal” persons or even women wouldn’t count. About a fifth of the participants in our weekly meet are women.

Also why are people complaining about bigger wheels being more common?

Because they haven’t seen advancements worthy of mentioning in smaller wheels for ages.

Are you suggestion bigger wheels shouldn't exist just because you don't like them, even though it just adds more choice?

No, they are suggesting that every once and a while smaller wheels would be upgraded closer to modern standards as well.

15 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I'm just surprised how many people complain about weight as someone who owns a heavy wheel.

And I’m surprised that you have been able to avoid meeting people with any of the mentioned issues. You probably will in time though. It’s an eye opener to realize how many have health related issues, and how even a small issue can make so many things so exceedingly difficult. I hope you get the chance to talk with someone like that, so you get to see a more comprehensive view of human life.

• Like 2

Yes I meant normal *healthy* men. I understand some people have health issues. To act like I've never seen someone with injuries or health issues is clearly ridiculous. The overwhelming demographic for ewheels are young (and middle aged) men. Assuming no major health issues, this demographic shouldn't have much issue with heavy wheels, hence why I was wondering what all the fuss was about.

About small wheels not getting meaningful updates, fair enough that makes sense. I hadn't heard that point made before, and i haven't looked into small wheels much. Unfortunately it's somewhat expected seeing as they are lower priced items, but wanting newer and better small wheel makes sense and will probably happen at some point.

@InfiniteWheelie you read like someone in their 20's who hasn't had Fate take notice of them yet.... to which I say Good! I hope you age gracefully and never have risky behavior catch up with you.

But with EUC's being so expensive, it's mostly us older people who can afford them, and too many of us have already fucked around and found out. :eff02be2d7:

(for the record Im not even that old, but my appetite for risk was (I hope that's the correct tense there) a little out of whack)

edit2: I see I just basically typed the same thing Shane was typing. at least I used the emoji first though.

Edited by Richardo
  • Like 2

I love all the old people! May you ride in health on whatever wheel is best for you. No disrespect was meant towards our great elders. I guess a lot of older guys do ride wheels. It's actually similar in the motorcycle world. You have the young guys, and a large amount of older guys with more money. That said, I'm sure the ewheels demographic skews much younger.

I totally agree about increasing quality and going with a minimalist design. That was part of the appeal for me with the Sherman, but even the Sherman and other big wheels have quality issues still. This applies across the entire industry and product range it seems.

• Like 2

I think improvements in quality are going to come in part from (as ShanesPlanet pointed out) a more minimalist design. These are incredibly simple devices compared to even an electric scooter. There are very few parts, and in theory absolutely no reason to be unreliable or difficult to work on.

I think the Abrams made a really important step by creating a simple cast aluminum passive heatsink. This made the design simpler with less parts, stronger, more waterproof, and improved the cooling massively. That's an example of minimalist design. In another thread I proposed extending this heat sink casting to include front/back/side fenders which would remove even more parts.

It would probably help for mechanically inclined people to come up with these types of ideas and present them to fellow forum users to discuss, and to manufactures along with simple quality requests like gaskets around all the panels etc. There are still lots of improvement that can be made involving quality, reliability, and maintenance. 

• Like 1