Inmotion "V13" announcement forthcoming!

mrelwood

2 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Come on man! I know you said you've got health issues, but no need to say (type) that out loud. I bet you're a strong guy despite your health issues.

There's nothing offensive about men being stronger than woman, it's simply a reality of life.

You can lift many things normally. But shape and weight and movement is a huge equation to how you can handle this. Over time it can take a toll on the body too. 

It is not when it riding it that is a problem. It the handling when not riding. 

As an example. I just got a new sofa table. I the box it was 117x65x20cm weight of 35kg. Now the weight in the box was uneven distributed and it shifted slightly so it isn't a solid thing to lift. I have to get that up to 4th floor. Normally I have an elevator to my aid, that that day was out of order. I only noticed this after I had signed for the box. So I started the process of lifting it up in stages. But we have a winding staircase. Due to the box that I have a had time get a good hold on I constantly feel I am about to loose foothold. It took me more than 30min to get it up to my floor. 

Now I don't like to lift my V11 up the stairs. Going down isn't as big an issue as I can trolley it down. Lifting it is possible because the handle is where it is and it is fairly slim so you get a nice lift near your body. 

But adding 5-10kg more I can't hold it in one arm anymore. And lifting it with 2 hands means no hand free for support and lifting in front of me rather to the side. 

I have lower back issues. So you can it is a health issue. 

But anything that is heavier than 25kg is a 2 person lifting job or require lifting aid tools/machines in Swedish work law. This is to avoid people getting hurt in the long term. 

When most people are young they can do anything. But as you get older you realise that came at a cost. I too did that mistake. It is especially the lifting and twisting 90degree sideways that has cause me trouble. It is so easy to do but heavy and away from the body is such a bad movement for the body. And if it is done repeatedly it becomes worse. 

Now it make little sense to talk too much about this as we have not yet seen weight of the next wheel coming.

But I suspect it will be heavier than the V11. Question is how much. And how they solved the ergonomic side of this. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Assuming no major health issues, this demographic shouldn't have much issue with heavy wheels, hence why I was wondering what all the fuss was about.

A few possibilities:

1) Your idea if the demographic is wrong.

2) For a 80lbs wheel to be liftable, one has to assume no health issues at all, not just major ones.

3) Since there is so much fuss about heavy wheels, maybe the health issues are more common than you think.

I didn’t suggest that you hadn’t met people with physical issues. I meant getting to know them, spending time with them, talking about life and it’s challenges. What you’ve written so far does suggest that you haven’t, since you keep assuming that the majority of riders are young and healthy males, and not a part of the ones that call out for lighter wheels.

2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

the 18XL is STILL one of the leaders in function/format/quality.

Tbh, it probably will remain as such until they manage to build a suspension small enough to fit in the 18XL form factor.

2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I ALMOST tried the v11, but decided to hope like hell they simply invested in perfecting it. Hmm, not sure that happened.:facepalm:

It did, at least to some extent. The bearings are no longer an issue.

1 hour ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I'm sure the ewheels demographic skews much younger.

This has been polled amongst the forum members a few times. The average was astoundingly older than my 43.

I’m sure 50 year olds are less and less interested in going to group rides as most of the young seem to think it’s cool to swerve past pedestrians close by and to race for the crown of overleans. The point for riding in the first place tends to shift with age.

1 hour ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I think the Abrams made a really important step by creating a simple cast aluminum passive heatsink.

Doesn’t the S18 have that as well?

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

GUYS, you hear that?? I’m an influenza now!! Ain’t that great?! :clap3: Hey, come on now, come back and hang out with me! Pretty pleezy!!

Bah, they’re just envious ‘cos they don’t know that it doesn’t take more than a general question at the bottom of a support email to become one… :P

Influenzahhh, oh yeahhh! B)

Okay jokes aside, I hope that although you don't see yourself as an influencer and likely have no plans to monetize your status, you actually understand that @Inmotion Global is using you as such here.

Giving you bits of privileged information which defacto puts you as their brand's spokesman.

You know, since you are an influential member of the community, moderator and all that.

Inmotion hired new representative to post in this forums. Have you asked yourself why they chose you to broadcast the news of their announcement instead of doing it themselves?

To be super clear: no judgement here. I just want everyone to understand the dynamics at play. I have years of experience with this in the mobile industry.

Edited by supercurio

@ShanesPlanet I understand why you like the KS18XL. It is about that sweet spot that everything that comes together nicely. It is also why I often suggest this for many new riders. It is so well all purposes wheel as it can get and with the age it has new wheels are very reliable and low maintenance.

The V11 rides smoother and with K66 tire much better at slow than walking speed. But the weight is a notch up, and service is more complex. It is starting to get where all the bugs are ironed out in general. 

Now with a new wheel coming I expect we will see a new cycle of things that needs it to be ironing out again. I hope (but don't expect blindly) that Inmotion used the V11 as a study case on how to move forward. That said I am pretty sure you would have liked the V11 as a ride. I view mine as my alpha romeo 1960ish sports car. It is fun and have character but a tire change or service or maintenance is taking some of the fun away. But when I ride on it I forget all about it. 

So the feel of the ride is what I said before is VERY important to me. 

Next up is service how that works. Then reliability. 

Now I have a V10f. I bought that as a short ride backup wheel and for it to be the easy add on for transport last stage ride too. I miss the suspension but other wise it do what I need it to do. 

So I am waiting now to see if the next Inmotion wheel will be within my handling options. But I will likely wait a few batched not buy a new 4th time 1st batch. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Flying W said:

@Cecily Inmotion it's January! ;)

I hope that Inmotion will prioritize assigning resources to fix the V12 before focusing on the next wheel.

(although I'm sure that a bunch of progress can happen on the next wheel without slowing down stabilizing the V12)

Yet another "big wheel" i reckon..

Why companies just make "bigger, faster, more expensive" wheels, yet most of the new wheels are worse in build quality. Or lack in quality control..

There have not been any good light wheels for years..? For so called "daily work horse" wheel. So called "real" last mileage wheel. I personally don't see myself carrying wheel that are more than 30kg(66lbs) from 3rd-5th floor.

Let's be real, most serious riders have some kind "big" wheel, that we use for fun rides, etc.. But would you take that "big" wheel on train, carry it in work place, carry it to 3rd floor, daily..

I so wish companies would make something light. Need be less battery. (We can recharge at workplace..) for "real" last mileage riding. Around or less ~20kg(~44lbs), speed 55kmh(34mhp). If we want light wheel, we have to chose older wheels from 2018-2019 or so..

Sorry for rant. :D I simply hate when companies go bigger.. Yet same time worse. Lets hope v13 isn't worse than v11, v12..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Yet another "big wheel" i reckon..

Why companies just make "bigger, faster, more expensive" wheels, yet most of the new wheels are worse in build quality. Or lack in quality control..

There have not been any good light wheels for years..? For so called "daily work horse" wheel. So called "real" last mileage wheel. I personally don't see myself carrying wheel that are more than 30kg(66lbs) from 3rd-5th floor.

Let's be real, most serious riders have some kind "big" wheel, that we use for fun rides, etc.. But would you take that "big" wheel on train, carry it in work place, carry it to 3rd floor, daily..

I so wish companies would make something light. Need be less battery. (We can recharge at workplace..) for "real" last mileage riding. Around or less ~20kg(~44lbs), speed 55kmh(34mhp). If we want light wheel, we have to chose older wheels from 2018-2019 or so..

Sorry for rant. :D I simply hate when companies go bigger.. Yet same time worse. Lets hope v13 isn't worse than v11, v12..

Inmotion already has models like that, in fact most of their product range is that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Funky said:

But most are older.. What i was saying, is that no one has released anything "New" lightweight. :P 

What features are you missing that you would want in those new models? It's not like the bigger wheels have groundbreaking features just more speed and range.

12 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

What features are you missing that you would want in those new models? It's not like the bigger wheels have groundbreaking features just more speed and range.

For one more tire choices. Most being 18x3" tires. Don't care about sonic speeds, range. I recharge mine once or twice a week. xD

Just because regular euc tire are made from thin rubber..

Every cell voltage readout. Waterproof so on..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Self lateral balancing and sideways movement would be great.

Like this.....

Wow this video if from 2010.  Where did it go? 

Don't think Honda went on to mass produce the UX-3.

The technology of self lateral balancing is available on motorbikes.

Rider can sit stopped at traffic lights and not need to set foot on the ground.

Motorbike can follow a person, unassisted, etc.

The technological development of reaching greater speed, torque and capacity is in making and has rushed through several stages that would be satisfactory by themselves. I reckon V8f/V10f and KS16’s will be “re-mastered” one day… but only after the current “whose is bigger” competition cools down… 😊

I guess, the advertisement of the S20 Eagle concept (hopefully materialised by late 2022? 😉) might mean to spoil the launch of Begode Hero. Instead it increased the excitement level in the community about more powerful EUC’s. S20 defined the frontier of the competition and everyone through resources to work out alternatives. There have been many posts here anticipating InMotion to enter the competition. And here we go!

And I love it! But I am worried a little bit that in this accelerating chase after our sympathies (buck) there will be even more engineering risk taken, end even more corners cut in design and production…

Edited by That Guy
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yoos said:

Plenty useful features that do not add much weight:

• smarter BMS (a universal dream at the moment)
  • customizable ride modes (like V12)
  • better light (in terms of power, beam shape, position, customizability)
  • sensorless motors (to guard against Hall failure)

There are certainly more areas for improvement. These are just no-brainers.

Altough that are features we want on all wheels size regardless. ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, That Guy said:

am worried a little bit that in this accelerating chase after our sympathies (buck) there will be even more engineering risk taken, end even more corners cut in design and production…

Another worry is that the public will see EUCs as heavy, unreliable, speeding "half e-bikes" rather than elegant and versatile urban transport with minimal footprint and unmatched portability that fits both on the sidewalk and on bicycle paths as well as on urban streets. The power-hooligan image of heavy and fast wheels might steer legislation in an undesired direction.

By the way the established ~20kg wheels do get silent updates from time to time with minor improvements still happening. 

• Upvote 2