Inmotion "V13" announcement forthcoming!

mrelwood

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The main problem with duplicating systems is actually already in the name of our vehicle… ;)

Jokes aside, everything but rim and tire can be duplicated without it being too complicated. If ever a EUC vehicle class for road use is approved, it will likely include requirements for fail proof and safe designs.

In the future I would also like to see easily refillable air bags for EUC.

All starting to look the same.

Looks like copy of Sherman grab handles, Abrams profile.

Seems only improvements manufacturers can imagine is more batteries, more power, more speed, more weight, attempts at aesthetics/ugliness.

Plateau?

Suspension is revolutionary.

Seems people are now more interested in QC, fire, batteries, BMS, cutouts, safety.

• Like 1

"Unprecedentedly powerful EUC ever" -- that little extra "ever" betrays they still haven't found the perfect english speaker! [my english isn't perfect either, but this caught my eye]. 

4 hours ago, Paul A said:

Looks like copy of Sherman grab handles, Abrams profile.

This is simply the most natural and ergonomic design for a heavy wheel. It should be lifted by two hands, hence two ergonomically placed handles, which double as bumpers and can also be used for emergency breaking, catching wheel, mounting stuff. Furthermore, the lights are also protected by a pair of vertical handles each which is also practical. The rounded shapes are also the right decision for both robustness and safety of both the wheel and rider/bystanders/cars/trees,walls etc (the EX2 fails in this regard with its exposed strictly rectangular battery housings). Long story short -- it seems that inmotion has done a good job implementing the proven shell/handle/bumper design of big wheels. This is already nice. Though I am afraid this is at least a 45kg wheel, unless there is something truly revolutionary inside (titanium frame, hangers, motor parts? axial flux motor? slightly lighter batteries?) 

Funny how some basic reverse-photo-editing can unveil so much more from a shaded teaser. The pic posted by @Mango is enhanced, the original was more obscure and less revealing:

267725870_4593075124107924_7007442336984

• Like 3

11 hours ago, yoos said:

"Unprecedentedly powerful EUC ever" -- that little extra "ever" betrays they still haven't found the perfect english speaker! [my english isn't perfect either, but this caught my eye].

Unprecedentedly doesn't appear in most English dictionaries either, but the magic of English is that it's so common to mangle the language, most folks can figure out the probable intent. Makes it a bear to learn though.

(using 'unprecedentedly' when you mean 'most' falls into the category of: never use a big word when a diminutive one will do) Personally, I ignore this advice all the time.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

(using 'unprecedentedly' for 'most' falls into the category of: never use a big word when a diminutive one will do)

By using unprecedentedly they aren't saying most. They are saying: For us (inmotion) this is our most powerful wheel ever. Just saying.

Edited by The Brahan Seer
Actually saying unlike us this is our most powerful wheel ever.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

By using unprecedentedly they aren't saying most. They are saying: For us (inmotion) this is our most powerful wheel ever. Just saying.

Darn. I was hoping it would be the most powerful ever from any manufacturer. :( I read what I wanted to hear I guess...

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Actually saying unlike us this is our most powerful wheel ever.

you can't expect them to be that pedantic about their vague wording :) It just amuses me that they mimic the famous Apple Keynote style yet the sentences are a tad damaged. Sometimes you literally have to guess the meaning. Anyway, technically "unprecedentedly powerful" might mean say 2570 Watts (no precedent indeed). "Powerful" can also mean something different than a reference to motor power. Still, whatever the stats it should be another milestone wheel (even it is not revolutionary compared to the whole EUC market, having a big wheel with inmotion qc, finish and quality of life details will be great).

• Like 3

13 hours ago, yoos said:

This is simply the most natural and ergonomic design for a heavy wheel. It should be lifted by two hands, hence two ergonomically placed handles, which double as bumpers and can also be used for emergency breaking, catching wheel, mounting stuff. Furthermore, the lights are also protected by a pair of vertical handles each which is also practical. The rounded shapes are also the right decision for both robustness and safety of both the wheel and rider/bystanders/cars/trees,walls etc (the EX2 fails in this regard with its exposed strictly rectangular battery housings). Long story short -- it seems that inmotion has done a good job implementing the proven shell/handle/bumper design of big wheels. This is already nice. Though I am afraid this is at least a 45kg wheel, unless there is something truly revolutionary inside (titanium frame, hangers, motor parts? axial flux motor? slightly lighter batteries?) 

Funny how some basic reverse-photo-editing can unveil so much more from a shaded teaser. The pic posted by @Mango is enhanced, the original was more obscure and less revealing:

267725870_4593075124107924_7007442336984

I guess if you want to find a fault you can always find it when people communicate in a non-native language.

To point this out is in my eyes....What is the need for that? We finally got Brand staff to communicate with the community, and this is the way to greet them? really:facepalm:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

There are dozens of V11 and V12 owners wondering what that means :P

"There's no such thing as a perfect wheel," after all

And many more that don't see any problems too.:P 

On 12/17/2021 at 2:35 AM, Paul A said:

Airbag vests are available for rider protection.

EUC parts are easier to repair/replace.

Air bags would protect innocent bystanders in the case of accident. The kinetic energy of fast and heavy wheel can be over 4 times of legal limit for moose hunting in Finland. Loose wheels are dangerous projectiles.

Tethers have been suggested to restrain an EUC in the event of a runaway wheel.

Airbag(s) on an EUC might need to be all over coverage for it to be effective.

Might be difficult to have airbags at the sides.

Risks of accidental/unnecessary deployment.

Perhaps front and back airbags, not perfect, but hopefully might mitigate injuries.

• Like 1