Incredibly bad look for this community.

Roadpower

48 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You're still talking about that video, guys. Right guys?;)

Yep, I was under that impression. The original video was the impetus behind the initial topic/discussion. Hard to believe the topic is going on 1 month. :eff006f726: 

Another example. Simple question: Disabled person has the Right Of Way or No Right Of Way?

51298854964_e1f4760702_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark13i said:

We don't talk about the movie - my friend :)

We talk according to the topic of the thread;  what kind of people we want to be to other people - it seems that we treat the title very literally and write very, very broadly 

So true!!!!! 👍👍👍

40 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

While I personally wouldn't want to have to go out and get a license(like take a test and all that stuff, I feel at the current point in california(May be different elsewhere) that would be excessive)....

if AAA offered insurance coverage that extended the liability coverage I have on my car to my wheel/scooter/PEV and had a $250/500? dollar deductible and would cover the cost of replacing the wheel if I crashed it and it was non functional and it had an annual premium that was reasonable like say around the cost of my renter's insurance, well, I would be all over that policy. 

I cant imagine they would cover 98% of crashes honestly. If you where involved in a collision i can see them covering repairs. But if you cutout the machine, or got caught in a speed wobble, bounced off a pothole etc., i don't see a standard liability policy covering the damages. 

Insurance coverge tends to like to recoup their losses. And to do so, they need a third party to recoup them from. And considering the majority of euc accidents are user error, theres no recourse for the insurance policy to recover funds. 

That would be a different type of policy from liability insurance. 

Edit: a company like car shield offers car repair insurance. In my state, liability insurance is required for all motorists including motorcycles. However repair insurance is purely voluntary

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You're still talking about that video, guys. Right guys?;)

edit: I meant as opposed to personal fights. Related discussions are fine, of course.

Dude they wont stop talking about it. 29 pages strong! LOL LOL LOL

3 hours ago, Heyzeus said:

While I personally wouldn't want to have to go out and get a license(like take a test and all that stuff, I feel at the current point in california(May be different elsewhere) that would be excessive)....

if AAA offered insurance coverage that extended the liability coverage I have on my car to my wheel/scooter/PEV and had a $250/500? dollar deductible and would cover the cost of replacing the wheel if I crashed it and it was non functional and it had an annual premium that was reasonable like say around the cost of my renter's insurance, well, I would be all over that policy. 

Dude, contact my buddy, Jersey. He has insurance coverage specifically for PEV coverage from OneWheels to EUCs. Looks like you’re in the OC so this is an easy “get” for you: https://www.facebook.com/pacificsideinsurance

• Like 1

Hey Y’all- In the United States- 

In New York City, a non-pedal assist type e-bike is allowed to ride up to 30mph in the city streets. Using common sense you figure out that is what EUCs fall into (You debate me on the wheel count, that’s you’re loss).

https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/bicyclists/ebikes.shtml

For every member in this forum, please take a moment to look up what your city laws are. As I have stated time and time again the average speed limit on non-pedal ebikes is 25mph in most cities. 

If your American city has laws like this, that means you’re EUC is STREET LEGAL. Full Stop, No Cap, Period!

For international folks with Zero legislation for your EV (EUC) then use this examples laws in the US as examples (see link above for NYC laws) to bring to your local parliament/legislator/elected official. 

Now a couple of you in the group live in the Orange County CA. If you live in or around Huntington Beach your Speed limit is 10mph. State beach parks like Balsa Chica, Last time I checked is 10mph as well.   

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sumako said:

In New York City, a non-pedal assist type e-bike is allowed to ride up to 30mph in the city streets. Using common sense you figure out that is what EUCs fall into

I wonder if the difference in legislation between EU and US comes from whether non-mentioned vehicles are allowed or forbidden. In here any vehicle that isn’t mentioned in traffic laws is automatically forbidden. Is it the opposite in the US?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I wonder if the difference in legislation between EU and US comes from whether non-mentioned vehicles are allowed or forbidden. In here any vehicle that isn’t mentioned in traffic laws is automatically forbidden. Is it the opposite in the US?

In most areas Yes. It is not illegal until it is proven to be a problem and a law is made against it. In many cases people believe something will become a problem yet never does. Also some things are not considered a problem to some groups or areas so........................ 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Let’s go back to the niche factor. EUCs are niche and in many cases, completely ignored. I was working on a video on the subject that features @Marty Backe comments on the subject. I guess I will finish this take. But basically even Marty agrees with the fact that law enforcement in LA area in CA does not care because there is not a lot of us. Another rider told me that he breaks the 25mph speed limit all the time and cops let him go because (get this); “you’re on a riskier ride than most, we understand why you go fast. As long as you stay safe, we’ll leave you alone”. “Are we serious now?”; I asked. Makes sense. If I remember correctly (it would be nice if he jumped in here to clarify) Marty had a similar experience when stopped for riding on a Santa Monica Beach path, during a time when EVs were not allowed to be on that path. The cops just wanted the see his ride, and let him go. 

Now directly to your question @mrelwood ; in the US it has been my experience and the experience of many riders to use common sense. If you know that the electric vehicle can go up to (or even past) a specific speed then you follow the laws according to the power of your EV. For example Eskate has 4 wheels and can blast past 25mph, so the rule is don’t blast past 25mph and you’re legal. Personally I was surprised that NYC allowed 30mph! However that explains a lot  regarding the behavior of the riders there (for another conversation). What you’re dealing with in Finland really SUCKS!!!!!! I’m sorry that is what you have to fight with. There is obviously a huge gap between American culture and culture in other countries. Maybe being a “Capitalist” country helps in this regard. But honestly I have no idea as to why other countries can be so skittish about EV laws; especially since it is countries outside of the US who claim to be so “Pro-EV” for the environment.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

If we behave like the animals on the ally cat, we're going to get hit very hard, sledgehammer style, by the lawmakers of our own countries for a very long time, until PEVs are finally accepted, as they should, as the future of urban mobility. Until then it's up to us, the pioneers, to self discipline ourselves, so that we don't get hit really hard by the regulators in these early years.

Paulo - 

YES! Self discipline is the top solution. As I said before, our local EUC ride groups in LA/OC areas in CA have no tolerance for this either; “NO Armor & Helmet? No Ride!”

For me personally, I have zero tollerance for poor EV ride behavior, whether you own or rent. In fact I don’t want anyone new rider on a rental. Riding rentals is poor behavior enough for me. Bare in mind I’m talking in the US.  If you’re a new rider riding with me, you better have your head gear and armor. If you’re a pro, that’s different. We have a guy here who rides with a RC car. Been doing it for years. Hes damn good at it. So i’ll leave that rider alone. A newbie trying that shit around me; “stay the fuck away from me!” 

At the same time if you’re a top end experienced pro-rider, I’m not going to criticize until you fucks up. You hit someone with your shit; give me your “PRO” membership card...we have a problem.  

As someone pointed out, I am very much into strength; of character, of ability, of talent, of spirit, of constitution, of consistency, of authenticity.   This is what is needed in order to trust a rider and their ability to stay safe while doing whatever crazy “looking” shit they do.

To me, ride behavior becomes reckless when you do shit you have no experience performing without negatively impacting someone else in a group or public setting.  

At these same time, I completely disagree with the notion that a video of subjectively questionable behavior will ban, derail, or hurt our EUC community. Y’all see that video where a rider fucked with a driver  and then when the driver parked the rider tried to beat the shit out of said driver? We got nearly 30 pages over a well run race but ZERO FUCKS were given about that other video. It’s public, everyone has seen it, but nobody cared. Maybe if I dived deep enough I’ll find a thread on that video here? One page I guess? Maybe? 

Those of you in other countries are dealing with something else. The UK looks to me like they are dealing with corruption between government and 4 corporations.  But I am absolutely sure that a month old EUC video has no impact on your PEV laws. 

So that’s my complete official statement on the question regarding my stance on poor/unsafe ride behavior. 

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

In  Europe they let these EUC's be sold and they let us pay VAT taxes on them. Then they consider them illegal... Such honest governments we have....:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Sumako said:

Paulo - 

YES! Self discipline is the top solution. As I said before, our local EUC ride groups in LA/OC areas in CA have no tolerance for this either; “NO Armor & Helmet? No Ride!”

For me personally, I have zero tollerance for poor EV ride behavior, whether you own or rent. In fact I don’t want anyone new rider on a rental. Riding rentals is poor behavior enough for me. Bare in mind I’m talking in the US.  If you’re a new rider riding with me, you better have your head gear and armor. If you’re a pro, that’s different. We have a guy here who rides with a RC car. Been doing it for years. Hes damn good at it. So i’ll leave that rider alone. A newbie trying that shit around me; “stay the fuck away from me!” 

At the same time if you’re a top end experienced pro-rider, I’m not going to criticize until you fucks up. You hit someone with your shit; give me your “PRO” membership card...we have a problem.  

As someone pointed out, I am very much into strength; of character, of ability, of talent, of spirit, of constitution, of consistency, of authenticity.   This is what is needed in order to trust a rider and their ability to stay safe while doing whatever crazy “looking” shit they do.

To me, ride behavior becomes reckless when you do shit you have no experience performing without negatively impacting someone else in a group or public setting.  

At these same time, I completely disagree with the notion that a video of subjectively questionable behavior will ban, derail, or hurt our EUC community. Y’all see that video where a rider fucked with a driver  and then when the driver parked the rider tried to beat the shit out of said driver? We got nearly 30 pages over a well run race but ZERO FUCKS were given about that other video. It’s public, everyone has seen it, but nobody cared. Maybe if I dived deep enough I’ll find a thread on that video here? One page I guess? Maybe? 

Those of you in other countries are dealing with something else. The UK looks to me like they are dealing with corruption between government and 4 corporations.  But I am absolutely sure that a month old EUC video has no impact on your PEV laws. 

So that’s my complete official statement on the question regarding my stance on poor/unsafe ride behavior. 

I agree with almost everything you said here except one thing: In fact, one video won't make a difference in the public eye. But if we have too many of these videos and news of accidents with pedestrians, and even deaths... I'm sure the sh*t is going to hit the fan...for us!!!