Incredibly bad look for this community.

Roadpower

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

How come? If you’re inside a train, it doesn’t matter whether the train is still or traveling at 2M mph, you can still toss a ball with one another etc and not notice anything.

"Special relativity" does not allow.

The example of a train does not reflect the reality - speeds do not add up, with increasing speed relativistic phenomena begin to prevail;  change of the geometry of space (shrinks to zero at the speed of light), stopping time, infinitely great energy.  needed to reach the speed of light, etc.

help Chriull explain :D

Edited by Mark13i

35 minutes ago, Paul A said:

The next generation of PEV's may not be a vastly improved EUC.

The Sherman may be approaching the ceiling of capabilities before it becomes impractical in terms of weight, cost, diminishing rate of utility return, market demand, substitutes of conventional vehicles already in existence.

Current energy densities achievable for Li-Ion are in the range of 100-265 Wh/kg, cost of approximately $140 USD per 1kWh.

Elon Musk is R&D to develop and produce in-house Li-Ion batteries with energy density of 400Wh/kg, with cost of approximately $100 USD per 1kWh.

His primary objective is to enable the possibility of electric battery commercial passenger planes, in terms of practicality and economically feasible.

'Tabless' batteries achieving greater range, power, lower costs, vertical expansion with in house production, have been announced for new 4680 batteries.

Technological breakthrough benefits will likely filter through to EUC's in time.

The next generation of PEV's may thus be personal drones.

Commercial drones capable of carrying multiple passengers already exist, and have been trialling in Dubai.

Autonomous flying, operation similar to Uber, using building rooftops as launch and landing pads.

Hsiang  in a recent video featured a couple of personal drones successfully flying in the USA, they appeared to be DIY homemade very early prototypes, with limited flight times and safety.

I really support the artificial intelligence to manage the EUC engine - to be able to guess which rider gestures are intended and which are the result;  loss of balance, wind, obstacles.  To intelligently monitor electrical parameters, anticipating failure of the EUC for sufficient time to stop.

• Like 3

Yes, AI for EUC would be a great idea, similar to stability control on cars.

Wondering why there is not a sensor to detect total loss of rider weight on pedals, and cut off motor to prevent a wheel from careening onwards after an accident.

With allowances for riders that like to jump.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Yes, AI for EUC would be a great idea, similar to stability control on cars.

Wondering why there is not a sensor to detect total loss of rider weight on pedals, and cut off motor to prevent a wheel from careening onwards after an accident.

With allowances for riders that like to jump.

Yes, I thought about it.  but not such a simple contactor as in the hoverboard, only two weight sensors in the pads.  Handling these sensors is the first task for AI.

Edited by Mark13i
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

If the whole core of the earth would freeze, that would make the earth a  really really cool place to be in.

If that happened, you would never see the aurora borealis again.  Would you be able to live without the aurora? :P

Edited by Mark13i
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark13i said:

"Special relativity" does not allow.

The way I understand:

1. The laws of physics are invariant (that is, identical) in all inertial frames of reference(that is, frames of reference with no acceleration).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity )

is that the train example is a perfect one. In a moving train all frames of reference move at the same speed, so laws of physics behaves as of the train wasn’t moving at all. When observed from inside the train of course.

If I got second part correctly, speed of light is not a capped maximum speed that nothing can surpass in relation to some static point in the universe. A light from the back of the train car would reach me without red shift, doppler, or other effects, no matter if the train was still or moving at half light speed. Looking at it from the station platform however would show all the funky phenomenas.

The light travels in the earth’s atmosphere at a speed of light in relation to the light source, no matter how fast the earth itself flies through space.

But deformation of the time-space is something I haven’t been able to wrap my head around :lol:, but I understand that it should just as well depend on the speed and acceleration between the points of reference.

Edit:

Would you be able to live without the aurora? 

Hmm. Let me think… :huh: My fingers do get cold easily, so I think that would bother me more if the earth froze.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Radiant heat travels through a vacuum, eg: sunlight.

But not through an umbrella (eg: sunlight), so I think the tube could still be insulated sufficiently. There are amazing polymers available nowadays. :lol:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The way I understand:

1. The laws of physics are invariant (that is, identical) in all inertial frames of reference(that is, frames of reference with no acceleration).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity )

is that the train example is a perfect one. In a moving train all frames of reference move at the same speed, so laws of physics behaves as of the train wasn’t moving at all. When observed from inside the train of course.

If I got second part correctly, speed of light is not a capped maximum speed that nothing can surpass in relation to some static point in the universe. A light from the back of the train car would reach me without red shift, doppler, or other effects, no matter if the train was still or moving at half light speed. Looking at it from the station platform however would show all the funky phenomenas.

The light travels in the earth’s atmosphere at a speed of light in relation to the light source, no matter how fast the earth itself flies through space.

But deformation of the time-space is something I haven’t been able to wrap my head around :lol:, but I understand that it should just as well depend on the speed and acceleration between the points of reference.

Edit:

Would you be able to live without the aurora? 

Hmm. Let me think… :huh: My fingers do get cold easily, so I think that would bother me more if the earth froze.

Special relativity (and shortening of space) in 7 minutes as simply as possible in this video: 

The impermissibility of the speed of light due to the energy needed is due to "general relativity"

Sorry for off-topic :huh:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tasku said:

Banning people having kids.. PROBLEM SOLVED! Look I used 'their' toolset and now I am the proud problem solver! YAY!

Next I am going after sugar, coffee..

Was NOT the intent or meanIng of my image. Just want to make that clear.

However, your comment is still funny.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sumako said:

Was NOT the intent or meanIng of my image. Just want to make that clear.

However, your comment is still funny.

My mindset was thinking of events taking place in Holland where EUC ban is reality.

• Like 1

Wrong Way!
Wrong Way
I’m happy to announce that THIS MONTH we’ll be checking out the RECIOWHEEL!!! A unique Electric Wheel made in Spain! Quick tire change/frame/off-road performance is just some of the great features it has. And all of that thanks to you guys as we you have reached 1000 likes on the Reciowheel video on our channel!
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 7:52 PM, dieterGRAMS said:

Hola,

Chief Game Theorist here to answer any of your questions and complaints regarding the first ever All-PEV alleycat which included ebikes.

Thanks to all whom responded with rational responses to an event that may raise a few eyebrows of the uninitiated. 

Very proud to say the race concluded without a single mishap. NYC riders really put on display of skill, guts, and judgement. 

@dieterGRAMS, so your saying that it's just fine to do what that video showed? If so what would you say if that rider miscalculated by a few centimeters and killed the child? 

• Like 1

Wrong Way!
I’m happy to announce that during our trip through the EU we will be also taking a closer look at BEL & BEL motor works electric one wheel Scooters! Bel & Bel Z one pictured below. Also, no upload in the coming days…I need a bit more time to make great videos with a bit more quality. Stay safe out there!
K4_LMQ3NGbFOAkRO1GMMFs4Z1eGwbHb2xSbXsSd6

• Like 2

WTF I thought that BEL&BEL thing was some kind of belated April fool's joke and just a photoshop of a Vespa, but it seems to be real.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul A said:
Wrong Way!
I’m happy to announce that during our trip through the EU we will be also taking a closer look at BEL & BEL motor works electric one wheel Scooters! Bel & Bel Z one pictured below. Also, no upload in the coming days…I need a bit more time to make great videos with a bit more quality. Stay safe out there!
K4_LMQ3NGbFOAkRO1GMMFs4Z1eGwbHb2xSbXsSd6

It reminds me of an ostrich 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1