Incredibly bad look for this community.

Roadpower

10 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I think the only real threat of compulsory regulation comes in the form of registration. But even that will likely be state by state. Not all states require insurance on cars, so i dont see why every state would require it for an euc. Taxation, liscensing, and inspections will vary state to state just like with cars.

The only thing all states have in common when it comes to driving is registration. They need to be able.to identify you in the case of traffic infractions or accidents. In RI, mopeds under 50cc do not need to be registered, so maybe we can slip in under similar regulations. But a sherman or monster pro blasting 45 mph down the street is probably pushing that envelope. And these machines are not going to suddenly get smaller and slower thats for sure. 

Voluntary insurance coverage can still be available for those who want it. And im sure some states will require insurance. (Massachusetts will for sure require it, no doubt in my mind. But vermont and florida don't require insurance on cars so no way they require it for euc)

Of course you live in California, i would prepare for mandatory registration, mamdatory insurance, manditory inspections, excise tax, the whole gambit 🤣

Nahhh, CA is an anti-cop state.  Not enough police to enforce such a thing. 

56 minutes ago, Sumako said:

Nahhh, CA is an anti-cop state.  Not enough police to enforce such a thing. 

Man.  Every sentence you say says you only believe in strength.  You really don't have any ideals? :huh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark13i said:

Man.  Every sentence you say says you only believe in strength.  You really don't have any ideals? :huh:

Believing in strength is a bad thing? I guess it is if you don’t see strength an ideal. But it’s your irony. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sumako said:

Believing in strength is a bad thing? I guess it is if you don’t see strength an ideal. But it’s your irony. 

Such a wonderful thing.  Fits into a totalitarian or failed state

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

<useless nitpick mode on> Water is a fluid and can, if temperature and pressure is right, make things wet. So things touched by water could become wet, but not the water itself ;)

I feel disappointed.  There was not a word about phase transitions :wacko:

4 hours ago, Treatz said:

You pitch perfectly demonstrate my point.

You provide answers to questions that nobody ever asked you.

If you truly think you answered my question then there may be legitimate reading comprehension issues. That's not an insult.  I'll immediately jump off your back right now if we're having literacy issues because I'm not trying to be mean to you.

But I don't think you misunderstood the question at all. You know exactly what I was asking. You are being willfully dodgy, but we're a good match because, as you noted, I'm incessant.

You know full well that I did NOT ask you for your thoughts on policing, taxes, regulations, and all your other distractions. There are threads for every single one of those topics so why would I ask you about those things? You could go there any time if that's where you want to drive the conversation.

This thread, however, is about something different.  You know that. You've been reminded incessantly. You are off topic and have been from the word "go." You don't seem to be able to control yourself. You're like a wild man who refuses to hear what anyone is saying and you swing at anyone who doesn't hold your views. It's unsettling to watch. Not healthy at all.

I sincerely want to nail down where you stand on this topic because I believe that if you answered honestly, we'd be in agreement. But you don't want that. You want to distract, dodge, and backtalk to our volunteer moderations. I find that to be really problematic (and anti-social). They are here to make this community a place we can enjoy. They see what you've doing this entire time and try to get you to stay on topic and you go into belligerent-toddler mode.

For what, man? Why are you soaking up so much attention? Why not realize you're may be the one that's that problem here? (It was obvious to me back on page 6!). From the very beginning, your comments were about making this conversation into big brother stuff. It wasn't. You've been a perpetual victim on this thread and it has nothing to do with you whatsoever. Why? Just why?

We're not talking about policing you. Nobody is. How can any of us even make that happen? Sheath your sword already. Nobody coming with laws to micromanage your riding. In fact, we're trying to prevent exactly if you'd just listen for once.

No matter how you justify, there's not excuse for your conduct. None at all.

Now, do you believe that unsafe riding behaviors that put others in fear for their safety is a bad look for the community?

The answer is "OF COURSE" and now we don't need to argue. We agree. And nobody came for your rights. See...it didn't have to be that hard. 

image.gif.f9c4ac76008241554b1de86f3c8b922c.gif

2 hours ago, Mark13i said:

Such a wonderful thing.  Fits into a totalitarian or failed state

So “strength” is really considered a bad thing? 

Is this some kind of a Gen Z thing or something; comparing “strength” to “totalitarianism” ? 

Names sometimes have meanings, characterizations, qualities etc, attached to them.

Forum screen names may have been selected by members who might want to project qualities they may wish to have an association or affinity with.

Googling for their various meanings may provide an insight to motivations of behaviour.

16 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You're still talking about that video, guys. Right guys?;)

We don't talk about the movie - my friend :)

We talk according to the topic of the thread;  what kind of people we want to be to other people - it seems that we treat the title very literally and write very, very broadly 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You're still talking about that video, guys. Right guys?;)

Yep, I was under that impression. The original video was the impetus behind the initial topic/discussion. Hard to believe the topic is going on 1 month. :eff006f726: 

Another example. Simple question: Disabled person has the Right Of Way or No Right Of Way?

51298854964_e1f4760702_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark13i said:

We don't talk about the movie - my friend :)

We talk according to the topic of the thread;  what kind of people we want to be to other people - it seems that we treat the title very literally and write very, very broadly 

So true!!!!! 👍👍👍