INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

41 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I would not bet any money on that. More like $2300 = 2500€ in EUC exchange rates:cry2:;) We'll see.

I just converted $2300 to euro with current exchange rates.

FYI, for France, the v11 on the aliexpress store is at US $2,819.99 which should be €2337.14 (euros) (rates from 2021-04-23) and with "EUC exchange rates/aliexpress" it's 2400.94€… but anyway, we'll see for final price.

For me this wheel will be a no-go despite all the new feature that looks great, and whatever the price, just because it's more than 25kg and I have a few steps of stairs to get out.

• Like 1

I find it interesting how the trend seems to go towards app-less wheels. First the Sherman, now the V12 with a much nicer implementation. I'm sure Begode is going to (badly) put a barely-adequate monochrome configuration screen on their next models, and maybe even giving up on their app altogether then.

Not that apps are bad, and the app still does exist as it used to, but the wheel should stand on its own, so it is good if it does like the V12. Stuff shouldn't require a phone app  anyways, unless strictly necessary. Also I'm finding I'm using apps less and less. Just logging the rides because I always did that, but what else do you need for a normal ride?

• Like 1

Lots of nice features here. I guess those videos should be coming pretty soon now. No real point in holding back too much longer now.

I have one question though. Didn't the s18 have adjustable pedal height? So this isn't the first. 

I guess s18 wasn't so adjustable. But I thought it Def has some adjusting. 

50 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I have one question though. Didn't the s18 have adjustable pedal height? So this isn't the first. 

My exact thoughts when I read that statement and yes the S18 does already have 20mm of pedal height adjustment, so definitely Not the "Worlds First" sorry Inmotion!

The King Song S18 ships with the pedals in the mid point setting, with the option to raise them by 10mm or lower them by 10mm, I have chosen to lift mine to the highest setting.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I find it interesting how the trend seems to go towards app-less wheels. First the Sherman, now the V12 with a much nicer implementation. I'm sure Begode is going to (badly) put a barely-adequate monochrome configuration screen on their next models, and maybe even giving up on their app altogether then.

Not that apps are bad, and the app still does exist as it used to, but the wheel should stand on its own, so it is good if it does like the V12. Stuff shouldn't require a phone app  anyways, unless strictly necessary. Also I'm finding I'm using apps less and less. Just logging the rides because I always did that, but what else do you need for a normal ride?

Since I can't hear beeps I use EUC world constantly to check speed, battery, how far I've been, etc.  I wear my phone on the inside of my forearm with easy access.  I hope wheels don't go completely appless as having a 2" screen 3' below me while riding is going to be impossible to see.

The V12 is looking very promising as a rain wheel / daily commuter.

Does anyone have information about the following?

1. How does the touchscreen perform in the rain? Even my smartphone messes up with water droplets on the screen.
  2. How easily accessible are the manual light controls? Can they be toggled on/off without looking at the screen?
  3. Is pedal deployment friction or magnetic?
  4. How noisy is it? Can start-up/shutdown beeps and voices be turned off?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

The V12 is looking very promising as a rain wheel / daily commuter.

Does anyone have information about the following?

1. How does the touchscreen perform in the rain? Even my smartphone messes up with water droplets on the screen.
  2. How easily accessible are the manual light controls? Can they be toggled on/off without looking at the screen?
  3. Is pedal deployment friction or magnetic?
  4. How noisy is it? Can start-up/shutdown beeps and voices be turned off?

1) no one knows except those under NDA - it's still too early.

2) same as 1)

3) probably same as all Inmo wheels so far - friction

4) probably same as all Inmo wheels so far - fully customizable. But how loud it is... same as 1)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Lots of nice features here. I guess those videos should be coming pretty soon now. No real point in holding back too much longer now.

I understood they don't want the videos to go out until many units have already been manufactured and they are able to supply the demand that would come as videos come out. 

And that makes sense... 

You don't want to promote something too much if you can't yet sell it. The "leaks" were already enough of a teaser to get everone interested, talking about it, waiting for it to come out. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nostris said:

It does look great....But, I really don’t need 29kg to carry about, and I really don’t need 100 miles of range......Who does exactly...and why?

So for the v11, i love the wheel, but its really only got 15-20 miles of fun range. After that you need to be more cautious and conservative riding it. And it really tops out at 30 miles of hard riding for me. If your doing 25 mph, thats barely over an hour of continuous riding. I just got an EXN so that i cam get 30-40 miles of fun riding before i need to be more cautious. I have not done a full range test yet bu i think i can get 60+ pretty easily out of that. Gives me more like 3 hours of continuous ride time. 

May sound like a lot to some people but it really isn't that much when your riding at 25 mph constantly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

If speed is your game buy a mc. If you think more speed makes it more fun. I dare you yo go to Montana ride the straight highway at the speed you think is fun and see how many miles that last you.

I tell you a secret it will not long, and the secrets to this is the brain adjust and you no longer perceive the speed. And that is where you fun stops. 

So the key is not the speed but the change in speed and direction. Go to a dense forest and narrow tail. Here you find speed will not matter. Ad you can't see around the corner. 

That said some use an euc to get from A to B. Here it is where people of tend to rush. That is when things go bad. Especially if you ride the top limit of the wheel. 

The question is though how fast do you think is safe to ride an euc in traffic.Before you answer go test how fast you can stop on demand then play with the idea how long you travel before you react. So if a dog or a kidd steps out behind a car. Try to avoid or stop is the choice. 

So back to where this started. V11 or v12 or end or sherman all or them are capable of going at speeds that can be unsafe if used wrong. Personally I don't think 50kmh+ for an euc is going go benefit anyone in the long run.

Your welcome to your opinions, but 35 mph is not crazy fast and no other vehicle gives you the sensation of running like an EUC can. For me, i have many 35 mph roads in my area. Riding at 25 mph on these roads is very dangerous because every car trys to pass you. Being able to travel at 35 allows me to flow with traffic safely. 

The brakeing on the exn is actually wonderful, you can torque it down from 30 to 0 in about 15 feet. No different than a car or any other vehicle really. I have my v11 for offroading, but i dont only offroad ride. 

You don't need to have the same preference as me, its okay to not want to ride 35 mph. For me, i like having a wheel in my stable that allows me to safely travel at 35 mph for long distances. The v11 simply cant handle 35 mph for any distance safely imo. It tops out at a safe speed of 30 mph and even that is only for the top half of the battery. 

I dont see speed as fun, i see safety as making my ride more fun. Why would you travel on a highway with an euc? Why would you just go fast and straight? You dont need to always tell people to go buy other vehicles if they want speed, thats a ridiculous arguement. Why would anyone ride a motorcycle fast when cars exist? Why would anyone ride a skateboard downhill at 40 mph when motorcycles exist? 

I dont need unlimited speed, but its also not my place to tell others what they want or will enjoy. If you dont think the world is full of thrill seekers you are gravely mistaken.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

The brakeing on the exn is actually wonderful, you can torque it down from 30 to 0 in about 15 feet. No different than a car or any other vehicle really. I have my v11 for offroading, but i dont only offroad ride

I like to see a video of that....I don't think you got the point though.  

If you hold a drivers licenses to a car or mc, this would be covered in theory.  It is nothing to do with opinions.

So you really think you can brake an euc from 50kmh in 3m. I can say for sure none are able to do that.

35 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I like to see a video of that....I don't think you got the point though.  

If you hold a drivers licenses to a car or mc, this would be covered in theory.  It is nothing to do with opinions.

So you really think you can brake an euc from 50kmh in 3m. I can say for sure none are able to do that.

Wrong way did a great video using an exn , 6:20 is the braking segment. You want to call it 30 feet? Its the same as a scooter which has brake pads. Im simply talking about a speed that can travel with traffic safely. Where is the problem with riding the speed limit? 

To tie it in to the v12 because i do not mean to take this thread off the rails, the v12 advertises 40+ mph speeds supposedly. So it will be able to handle 35 mph safely for a period of time. It is a wonderful option for people like me that do not live in the middle of a city and need to traverse roads to get places. Having cars constantly passing you is very dangerous, far more dangerous than riding slightly faster imo. When i say fun riding range, i refer to how long I can go before being paranoid about lower battery states, you dont have to go fast to have fun. 

Edited by GoGeorgeGo

40 minutes ago, Unventor said:

When you are out and about I guess something like traffic hits you too. 

Some counties have traffic laws and they are put there for everyone's safety. Unfortunately some do not match your way of joy. 

If all of us continue to be able to ride in the free it means people can't go about doing what they like and care less about everything else. 

And feel free read my every post or put up ignore if you can't handle that hear laws goes for you too.

Go to a race track or ride in your back yard there I don't care what you do. But in fraffic we all have a space when people follow the rules. Much simpler. 

1) No one was talking about traffic, breaking traffic laws or anything traffic related to begin with. You are the one who put it in that frame.

2) You can't take one specific use case (traffic), then use it as justification for a generalized statement like "I don't think 50kmh+ for an euc is going go benefit anyone in the long run". If you don't understand why, then I think you should do some reading on logical fallacies.

But anyways, I'm excited to hear about the this new BMS system. I will sell my 16x for the v12 if it means I get individual cell monitoring. So I can atleast own an EUC in peace knowing that my EUC won't catch fire due to cell imbalance.

Edited by davinche
  • Like 3