INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

If speed is your game buy a mc. If you think more speed makes it more fun. I dare you yo go to Montana ride the straight highway at the speed you think is fun and see how many miles that last you.

I tell you a secret it will not long, and the secrets to this is the brain adjust and you no longer perceive the speed. And that is where you fun stops. 

So the key is not the speed but the change in speed and direction. Go to a dense forest and narrow tail. Here you find speed will not matter. Ad you can't see around the corner. 

That said some use an euc to get from A to B. Here it is where people of tend to rush. That is when things go bad. Especially if you ride the top limit of the wheel. 

The question is though how fast do you think is safe to ride an euc in traffic.Before you answer go test how fast you can stop on demand then play with the idea how long you travel before you react. So if a dog or a kidd steps out behind a car. Try to avoid or stop is the choice. 

So back to where this started. V11 or v12 or end or sherman all or them are capable of going at speeds that can be unsafe if used wrong. Personally I don't think 50kmh+ for an euc is going go benefit anyone in the long run.

Your welcome to your opinions, but 35 mph is not crazy fast and no other vehicle gives you the sensation of running like an EUC can. For me, i have many 35 mph roads in my area. Riding at 25 mph on these roads is very dangerous because every car trys to pass you. Being able to travel at 35 allows me to flow with traffic safely. 

The brakeing on the exn is actually wonderful, you can torque it down from 30 to 0 in about 15 feet. No different than a car or any other vehicle really. I have my v11 for offroading, but i dont only offroad ride. 

You don't need to have the same preference as me, its okay to not want to ride 35 mph. For me, i like having a wheel in my stable that allows me to safely travel at 35 mph for long distances. The v11 simply cant handle 35 mph for any distance safely imo. It tops out at a safe speed of 30 mph and even that is only for the top half of the battery. 

I dont see speed as fun, i see safety as making my ride more fun. Why would you travel on a highway with an euc? Why would you just go fast and straight? You dont need to always tell people to go buy other vehicles if they want speed, thats a ridiculous arguement. Why would anyone ride a motorcycle fast when cars exist? Why would anyone ride a skateboard downhill at 40 mph when motorcycles exist? 

I dont need unlimited speed, but its also not my place to tell others what they want or will enjoy. If you dont think the world is full of thrill seekers you are gravely mistaken.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

The brakeing on the exn is actually wonderful, you can torque it down from 30 to 0 in about 15 feet. No different than a car or any other vehicle really. I have my v11 for offroading, but i dont only offroad ride

I like to see a video of that....I don't think you got the point though.  

If you hold a drivers licenses to a car or mc, this would be covered in theory.  It is nothing to do with opinions.

So you really think you can brake an euc from 50kmh in 3m. I can say for sure none are able to do that.

35 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I like to see a video of that....I don't think you got the point though.  

If you hold a drivers licenses to a car or mc, this would be covered in theory.  It is nothing to do with opinions.

So you really think you can brake an euc from 50kmh in 3m. I can say for sure none are able to do that.

Wrong way did a great video using an exn , 6:20 is the braking segment. You want to call it 30 feet? Its the same as a scooter which has brake pads. Im simply talking about a speed that can travel with traffic safely. Where is the problem with riding the speed limit? 

To tie it in to the v12 because i do not mean to take this thread off the rails, the v12 advertises 40+ mph speeds supposedly. So it will be able to handle 35 mph safely for a period of time. It is a wonderful option for people like me that do not live in the middle of a city and need to traverse roads to get places. Having cars constantly passing you is very dangerous, far more dangerous than riding slightly faster imo. When i say fun riding range, i refer to how long I can go before being paranoid about lower battery states, you dont have to go fast to have fun. 

Edited by GoGeorgeGo

40 minutes ago, Unventor said:

When you are out and about I guess something like traffic hits you too. 

Some counties have traffic laws and they are put there for everyone's safety. Unfortunately some do not match your way of joy. 

If all of us continue to be able to ride in the free it means people can't go about doing what they like and care less about everything else. 

And feel free read my every post or put up ignore if you can't handle that hear laws goes for you too.

Go to a race track or ride in your back yard there I don't care what you do. But in fraffic we all have a space when people follow the rules. Much simpler. 

1) No one was talking about traffic, breaking traffic laws or anything traffic related to begin with. You are the one who put it in that frame.

2) You can't take one specific use case (traffic), then use it as justification for a generalized statement like "I don't think 50kmh+ for an euc is going go benefit anyone in the long run". If you don't understand why, then I think you should do some reading on logical fallacies.

But anyways, I'm excited to hear about the this new BMS system. I will sell my 16x for the v12 if it means I get individual cell monitoring. So I can atleast own an EUC in peace knowing that my EUC won't catch fire due to cell imbalance.

Edited by davinche
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Its the same as a scooter which has brake pads.

It doesn't really matter whether it can match the braking of one brand of escooter, it needs to be able to brake as fast as the the other vehicles on the road. Even the old motorcycle I ride, which was designed in the 1940's, will stop in a 1/3 of that distance. I suspect you'll soon become a trunk ornament.

• Like 3

The inmotion being able to do 40mph does indeed make it safer at 35mph. Opinions vary, but in america, typical streets and smaller thru ways have 35mph speed limits standard. Once a person decides to use a travel lane as a bicycle does, it really is safer to keep up with traffic. At 35mph law, the average speed of cars is really more like 40mph. Its not the overall speed that is the danger, it is the differential speed(and stopping distance). Same as the danger in passing 8mph pedestrians at 25mph. Lest we forget that impatient drivers passing you, is not so great.  Being able to safely maintain traffic patterns (be it car/foot/bicycle) IS a safety issue.  Euc's are odd atm, as they cross over in uses. Legislation (and bike paths) can be meager in the USA, so I tend to think it is up to the rider to find an appropriate euc, for intended uses.

I will be keeping an eye on the v12 and how it goes. If the 40mph speed does mean a good safety margin at 35mph(my 18l is 25mph) and a good range for that distance... It could be damn near the perfect blend for a go to wheel that doesnt include major highways. An euc that is capable of pedestrian use AND traffic use, does check off some boxes. I do wonder tho, is the 40mph top speed going to result in 35mph sustainable with enough overhead for bumps...   I do believe @GoGeorgeGo needs one of these to wear out for a season and let me know....

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

The inmotion being able to do 40mph does indeed make it safer at 35mph. Opinions vary, but in america, typical streets and smaller thru ways have 35mph speed limits standard. Once a person decides to use a travel lane as a bicycle does, it really is safer to keep up with traffic. At 35mph law, the average speed of cars is really more like 40mph. Its not the overall speed that is the danger, it is the differential speed(and stopping distance). Same as the danger in passing 8mph pedestrians at 25mph. Lest we forget that impatient drivers passing you, is not so great.  Being able to safely maintain traffic patterns (be it car/foot/bicycle) IS a safety issue.  Euc's are odd atm, as they cross over in uses. Legislation (and bike paths) can be meager in the USA, so I tend to think it is up to the rider to find an appropriate euc, for intended uses.

I will be keeping an eye on the v12 and how it goes. If the 40mph speed does mean a good safety margin at 35mph(my 18l is 25mph) and a good range for that distance... It could be damn near the perfect blend for a go to wheel that doesnt include major highways. An euc that is capable of pedestrian use AND traffic use, does check off some boxes. I do wonder tho, is the 40mph top speed going to result in 35mph sustainable with enough overhead for bumps...   I do believe @GoGeorgeGo needs one of these to wear out for a season and let me know....

I agree i do need one to see for myself 😋 if it had the suspension i would have upgraded to it for sure. The next logical step is to slap the v11 saddle on a v12, ill be a customer for that one. V12s plz!

If anyone in my area gets one maybe they will trade with me for a while to make some videos with. But the whole crew just upgraded to exns and monster pros lol so i dont think i will have access to one anytime soon unfortunately. I know i made some clickbaity videos to get the channel over the 1000 subs hump (thank you all again for the support!!). But my channel is more about having fun, sharing experiences, and helping new riders. My reviews are pretty low quality lol 

I appreciate the concern @mike_bike_kite and hope your wrong 🤣 you dont have to tailgate a car just because you can. Safe travels!!

Edited by GoGeorgeGo

So how does 40 mph on the V12 translate to real world numbers? Is 40 MPH on the V12 really 35 MPH? 32 MPH? I am having a hard time keeping up with the inflated speedometers. 

PS I am not bashing InMotion. It is a problem with many EUCs

Edited by RockyTop

3 hours ago, RockyTop said:

So how does 40 mph on the V12 translate to real world numbers? Is 40 MPH on the V12 really 35 MPH? 32 MPH? I am having a hard time keeping up with the inflated speedometers. 

PS I am not bashing InMotion. It is a problem with many EUCs

I think those that know can’t say.

Inmotion has been historically good about not egregiously over reporting, though they tend to be conservative with their speed throttling

V11 -> 34mph top speed but 31 mph for most of the battery

v10 -> 25mph top speed but 20 mph for most of the battery (soft tilt at 22 even at 100% charge)

so v12, 35 mph would be a safe assumption for most of the battery? 

• Like 1

Wish* I could retrofit my V11 with the V12 100V solution. I am a larger rider so I prefer 18-20" wheels so the V12 is not on my radar (unless release videos show something amazing that I can't live without LOL). Looks like a solid wheel though.

* I understand that there is no way for this to work given the shell shapes, battery packs and controllers. Just a dream LOL.

Oh hey the battery is ipx7 rated.  That must be a special feature for @Rehab1 in case he wants to take this wheel swimming.

so the ipx5 rating means If I'm out riding and it's suddenly starts to rain I should be good to go right, and that I could lightly hose the wheel down with a low pressure spray if I wanted?

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Unventor said:

If speed is your game buy a mc. If you think more speed makes it more fun. I dare you yo go to Montana ride the straight highway at the speed you think is fun and see how many miles that last you.

I tell you a secret it will not long, and the secrets to this is the brain adjust and you no longer perceive the speed. And that is where you fun stops. 

So the key is not the speed but the change in speed and direction. Go to a dense forest and narrow tail. Here you find speed will not matter. Ad you can't see around the corner. 

That said some use an euc to get from A to B. Here it is where people of tend to rush. That is when things go bad. Especially if you ride the top limit of the wheel. 

The question is though how fast do you think is safe to ride an euc in traffic.Before you answer go test how fast you can stop on demand then play with the idea how long you travel before you react. So if a dog or a kidd steps out behind a car. Try to avoid or stop is the choice. 

So back to where this started. V11 or v12 or end or sherman all or them are capable of going at speeds that can be unsafe if used wrong. Personally I don't think 50kmh+ for an euc is going go benefit anyone in the long run.

A lot of us riders want both speed and off-road capabilities, it's maybe not fun for you but it's fun for a lot of other people, and no I won't buy a Motorcycle just because I like to sometimes go up to 60kmh on my wheel that is a really ridiculous comment.

You can have a fast wheel that can also do really gnarly forest trails with rocks and roots, voila my MSP does exactly this, if it had suspension would be even better but it does it fine without too.

George is spot on with his V11 comments, it's not a very fast wheel to begin with and it's even slower when battery goes down and that's a valid concern for an owner or potential buyer of the wheel.

I don't understand why you keep defending the V11 so adamantly and dismissing valid critique, it fits some peoples riding style but not other peoples riding style it's not more complicated than that.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 2

@evX_Mick

I feel for you, and these leaks. It must really suck to see all this info being made public and you can't post your videos.. I think part of the issue maybe the difference in culture, at this point if kinda makes no sense from my perspective, then again I'm not on a marketing expert.

1 minute ago, Meserias said:

with every picture that leaks about V12 your videos will be less and less viewed....
less viewers = less earnings

fair, but more importantly the kenoteis gonna be a troll-fest of people naming the specs before IM announced tham. This isnt like an iphone where you couldnt actually leak all the info haha. EUC are only made up of so many parts. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Meserias said:

with every picture that leaks about V12 your videos will be less and less viewed....
less viewers = less earnings

I feel like the videos will still be viewed. I also think people here have patience. Tech products get leaked almost 100% of the time. This is nothing new. Before samsung or Apple release their stuff there are videos all over talking about the specs and all that jazz. 

For me, the actual marketing pics and specs have been put out there now. What's the sense of holding back now. 

You have been able to put a deposit down on this for a while now, the early birds have probably already got the worm on first run for the most part. 

Lots of hard work have been put behind these videos and helping the wheel along. 

It's probably mostly ok to let people talk about it now.

Let's also be honest, while this wheel looks awesome and has some really nice new features and stuff, nothing all that crazy or new is happening here. Please don't take that the wrong way, I will prob be buying this wheel. I am hyped, but it's not reinventing all that much. It's impressive to see inmotion work with people like evx and others who can push these things forward,  that's the innovation here. Most of these features are things riders have been speaking about for a while.

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Simply_Striking said:

I feel for you, and these leaks. It must really suck to see all this info being made public 

If it matters, its not leaks. Currently, all info is on the Inmotion Official Global Store available for pre-order on Ali. If anything's "leaking", its a self devised.

4 hours ago, Simply_Striking said:

you can't post your videos.. I think part of the issue maybe the difference in culture

Why can't he publish his vids? There's nothing on YT as we speak. Dunno if its culture but at the very least, he can add to more detailed discussion here as the NDA is broken by none other than Inmotion.