INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

I'm very curious who first will do the first slope/incline test and how the V12 will perform compared to the competition.

Because as evX wrote (expressed) in this and did not measure any tests that could exactly compare other EUCs such as the acceleration test, the climb test, the overheating load test, how the internal protection of the control board works, etc. 

(Mr. evX i don't rate it as a mistake about having clearly given things from the manufacturer of what may and may not)

Edited by DjPanJan
edit

12 hours ago, Zopper said:

That will be it. I can bet that a lot of people will walk around with an iPhone, but I never even heard about Tile until today. And I'm in the IT geek social bubble. Plus, I like that if the thief has an iPhone, they will be notified that the wheel has a tracker inside. 

EDIT: I mean Tile specifically. I know about these BT trackers, but as they aren't widely used here, they are limited to "ok, the keys are somewhere in my flat... play a sound." Not really useful for a wheel or for my mum, who tends to lose keys on the street. :D 

I can understand that Tile might not be well known outside of the even smaller bubble I'm in. Not only am I in Silicon Valley, working in tech, but I know the CEO of Tile, as he used to be COO at my company. Having said that, I bought Tile trackers before he joined them.

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, APLUfr said:

Someone on Telegram posted a link to InMotion store on Aliexpress, so prince US $2,299 (or about 1900€)

v12.png

More of product description here:

Hede61bd9913546c889a8df894ceb1f49y.jpg

:o OM Guuh.... adjustable pedal height!!!!! and you can lock the motor so if someone steals it they stuck :D . Def gonna be putting the RS up for sale for this. Also seen as they have this at $2300, e-hweels price should within +- $100

• Like 3

What sticks out is the 160 km advertised range (~100 miles) compared with 75 miles on the V11, implying battery efficiency improvements. I think this is what will really give the user "maximum happiness" instead of RGB lights.

Of course, one must apply a discount in both cases for real world use case and western diet (where applicable), but fingers crossed that the ratio is accurate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FullTilt said:

What sticks out is the 160 km advertised range (~100 miles) compared with 75 miles on the V11, implying battery efficiency improvements. I think this is what will really give the user "maximum happiness" instead of RGB lights.

Of course, one must apply a discount in both cases for real world use case and western diet (where applicable), but fingers crossed that the ratio is accurate.

Naa. It'll be only 100miles for a lanky 65kg~ bloke like me. :roflmao:

But seriously, larger Controller module, three BMS.... Sounds amazing. 

Def looking to sell my RS for the V12. Everything sounds very promising for safety. Hopefully first batches won't have issues with the higher voltage since it is Inmotions first 100V wheel.

41 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I would not bet any money on that. More like $2300 = 2500€ in EUC exchange rates:cry2:;) We'll see.

I just converted $2300 to euro with current exchange rates.

FYI, for France, the v11 on the aliexpress store is at US $2,819.99 which should be €2337.14 (euros) (rates from 2021-04-23) and with "EUC exchange rates/aliexpress" it's 2400.94€… but anyway, we'll see for final price.

For me this wheel will be a no-go despite all the new feature that looks great, and whatever the price, just because it's more than 25kg and I have a few steps of stairs to get out.

• Like 1

I find it interesting how the trend seems to go towards app-less wheels. First the Sherman, now the V12 with a much nicer implementation. I'm sure Begode is going to (badly) put a barely-adequate monochrome configuration screen on their next models, and maybe even giving up on their app altogether then.

Not that apps are bad, and the app still does exist as it used to, but the wheel should stand on its own, so it is good if it does like the V12. Stuff shouldn't require a phone app  anyways, unless strictly necessary. Also I'm finding I'm using apps less and less. Just logging the rides because I always did that, but what else do you need for a normal ride?

• Like 1

Lots of nice features here. I guess those videos should be coming pretty soon now. No real point in holding back too much longer now.

I have one question though. Didn't the s18 have adjustable pedal height? So this isn't the first. 

I guess s18 wasn't so adjustable. But I thought it Def has some adjusting. 

50 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I have one question though. Didn't the s18 have adjustable pedal height? So this isn't the first. 

My exact thoughts when I read that statement and yes the S18 does already have 20mm of pedal height adjustment, so definitely Not the "Worlds First" sorry Inmotion!

The King Song S18 ships with the pedals in the mid point setting, with the option to raise them by 10mm or lower them by 10mm, I have chosen to lift mine to the highest setting.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I find it interesting how the trend seems to go towards app-less wheels. First the Sherman, now the V12 with a much nicer implementation. I'm sure Begode is going to (badly) put a barely-adequate monochrome configuration screen on their next models, and maybe even giving up on their app altogether then.

Not that apps are bad, and the app still does exist as it used to, but the wheel should stand on its own, so it is good if it does like the V12. Stuff shouldn't require a phone app  anyways, unless strictly necessary. Also I'm finding I'm using apps less and less. Just logging the rides because I always did that, but what else do you need for a normal ride?

Since I can't hear beeps I use EUC world constantly to check speed, battery, how far I've been, etc.  I wear my phone on the inside of my forearm with easy access.  I hope wheels don't go completely appless as having a 2" screen 3' below me while riding is going to be impossible to see.

The V12 is looking very promising as a rain wheel / daily commuter.

Does anyone have information about the following?

1. How does the touchscreen perform in the rain? Even my smartphone messes up with water droplets on the screen.
  2. How easily accessible are the manual light controls? Can they be toggled on/off without looking at the screen?
  3. Is pedal deployment friction or magnetic?
  4. How noisy is it? Can start-up/shutdown beeps and voices be turned off?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

The V12 is looking very promising as a rain wheel / daily commuter.

Does anyone have information about the following?

1. How does the touchscreen perform in the rain? Even my smartphone messes up with water droplets on the screen.
  2. How easily accessible are the manual light controls? Can they be toggled on/off without looking at the screen?
  3. Is pedal deployment friction or magnetic?
  4. How noisy is it? Can start-up/shutdown beeps and voices be turned off?

1) no one knows except those under NDA - it's still too early.

2) same as 1)

3) probably same as all Inmo wheels so far - friction

4) probably same as all Inmo wheels so far - fully customizable. But how loud it is... same as 1)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Lots of nice features here. I guess those videos should be coming pretty soon now. No real point in holding back too much longer now.

I understood they don't want the videos to go out until many units have already been manufactured and they are able to supply the demand that would come as videos come out. 

And that makes sense... 

You don't want to promote something too much if you can't yet sell it. The "leaks" were already enough of a teaser to get everone interested, talking about it, waiting for it to come out. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nostris said:

It does look great....But, I really don’t need 29kg to carry about, and I really don’t need 100 miles of range......Who does exactly...and why?

So for the v11, i love the wheel, but its really only got 15-20 miles of fun range. After that you need to be more cautious and conservative riding it. And it really tops out at 30 miles of hard riding for me. If your doing 25 mph, thats barely over an hour of continuous riding. I just got an EXN so that i cam get 30-40 miles of fun riding before i need to be more cautious. I have not done a full range test yet bu i think i can get 60+ pretty easily out of that. Gives me more like 3 hours of continuous ride time. 

May sound like a lot to some people but it really isn't that much when your riding at 25 mph constantly. 

• Like 1