INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I could be wrong on this it's been a while since I rode my v8, but I think inmotion allows you to customize an alarm sound and it blasts through their normal speakers.

If this is inaccurate I apologize. But it is prob how the v12 works. Unless they changed that.

That’s not what we are talking about. It’s that all speakers I know about are on sides or front/back. And at 30+ km/h (and especially at 50+ km/h) in a full face helmet, they are blasting away and not that loud. Mounting a louder replacement an top of the wheel would definitely help.

37 minutes ago, Zopper said:

That’s not what we are talking about. It’s that all speakers I know about are on sides or front/back. And at 30+ km/h (and especially at 50+ km/h) in a full face helmet, they are blasting away and not that loud. Mounting a louder replacement an top of the wheel would definitely help.

Ahh ok. Sorry I misunderstood.

I've actually set the alarms to eucworld into my helmet speakers. 

But I do agree upward facing beeper or speaker would be a nice addition. There should be an out of the box better solution that you won't need 3rd party speakers and apps.

I've pretty much given up over going more than 32-33km/h, never ride under 30% battery, and never do hard acceleration when I'm already at 20km/h+.  I can't hear anything from the speakers, period, with my hearing aides out. *knock on wood*

No cut-outs in ~ 2000+km of riding so far.

Edited by /Dev/Null
  • Like 1

EUCWorld beeps when it loses connection with the wheel, so no issue on not getting over speed alarms. The phone & headset should beep if a battery is dying, no issue there.

Vibrations screw up the accelerometer inputs, DON'T add a vibrator to the wheel unless you want the software to guess at what's happening, and this is a condition which it's not designed to handle. Put the vibrator on your body/wrist/helmet, or get a smart watch like @ShanesPlanet.

1 hour ago, /Dev/Null said:

I've pretty much given up over going more than 32-33km/h, never ride under 30% battery, and never do hard acceleration when I'm already at 20km/h+.  I can't hear anything from the speakers, period, with my hearing aides out. *knock on wood*

No cut-outs in ~ 2000+km of riding so far.

If you want to up your safety use EUC World together with headphones or your own speaker, it's a must have for riding fast on the V11 IMO.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

If you want to up your safety use EUC World together with headphones or your own speaker, it's a must have for riding fast on the V11 IMO.

Does the creator of EUC World have no plans on making an iOS version?

2 hours ago, EUC_user said:

I think apple is way more restrictive on their apps where android will let small teams put stuff out there. Or Seba may just not have the time to code for Apple.

I just watched @Marty Backe talk about how only 5% of the EUC world user base actually contributes to the "cause" and I think that number is horribly low! 

If your using it and you love it please kick the man a burgers amount of money. Contributing also opens up more features, but most importantly it keeps this wonderful app around for all of us. 

some people even buy older used android phones just to use EUC world, it's that good of an app for our wheels. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EUC_user said:

This isn't really a V12 matter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

EUCWorld beeps when it loses connection with the wheel, so no issue on not getting over speed alarms. The phone & headset should beep if a battery is dying, no issue there.

Vibrations screw up the accelerometer inputs, DON'T add a vibrator to the wheel unless you want the software to guess at what's happening, and this is a condition which it's not designed to handle. Put the vibrator on your body/wrist/helmet, or get a smart watch like @ShanesPlanet.

VERY good point. I notice some wheels pedal dip when bouncing around too much. I wonder if a little vibration would cause as well? Probably topic for an entirely different thread however. Im excited to see who is the frist company to address this.... inmo perhaps?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, /Dev/Null said:

No room for headphones in my full faced motorcycle helmet, unfortunately. 

There are solutions that attach to the helmet on the outside. Also options for shoulder/neck mounted ones. 

I have not tested these myself but in lag of other options it might be an acceptable alternative. 

11 minutes ago, Unventor said:

There are solutions that attach to the helmet on the outside. Also options for shoulder/neck mounted ones. 

I have not tested these myself but in lag of other options it might be an acceptable alternative. 

I don't hear much of anything outside my helmet.  I have a very large amount of hearing loss.

3 hours ago, /Dev/Null said:

I don't hear much of anything outside my helmet.  I have a very large amount of hearing loss.

This is why is like to have tilt back also activate at 80% (user selectable available power limit for tilt back would be even better). 

On the gotways you can only set it up to 30mph or so so it just gets turned off. Fast in a full face and wind makes it almost impossible to hear the beeper. 

I'd love to have a vibrating wearable to tell me to slow down, with user selectable warning parameters that fall with voltage. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, /Dev/Null said:

No room for headphones in my full faced motorcycle helmet, unfortunately. 

Cardo Freecom series is made to mount inside such helmets. I would never ride without it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, /Dev/Null said:

Wireless earbuds. TaoTronics makes some decent ones. 

7 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

Wireless earbuds. TaoTronics makes some decent ones. 

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Cardo Freecom series is made to mount inside such helmets. I would never ride without it.

On my nik+ I set tiltback at 40km/h.  On my v10 I set tiltback at 30-32km/h

I wear my android phone on my inner forearm so I can see speed whenever I want.   Both precautions seem to work great.  The bonus to having the phone on my forearm is I can stop and then text my wife & don't need to take off gloves/wristguards to do it.

I also can't get used to headphones/earbuds at all.  I've had hearing aid molds made to my exact ear shape for 30+ years already.  Anything else is uncomfortable.

The only problem here is you only have so much bandwidth when using BT.

My dad has a BT controlled hearing aid. But when he use the phone connected to the car it can have difficulties with the amount of connections it can handle. 

I know from the beta test group that some connection problems seen with EUC.WORLD is related to this too. And there are differences between phones how many BT options you can handle too.

So these thing isn't uncomplicated devices.

2 hours ago, /Dev/Null said:

I also can't get used to headphones/earbuds at all.  I've had hearing aid molds made to my exact ear shape for 30+ years already.  Anything else is uncomfortable.

Cardos and other motorcycle oriented Bluetooth intercom systems are speaker systems mounted inside your helmet directly outside your ear. It’s not a headphone, it’s not an ear bud. It doesn’t go around your ear in any way. Just look it up and you’ll get what the product is. They’re speakers inside your helmet. And they’re loud.

this is the best workaround solution to date.  Hopefully euc companies figure out how to alert us without having to fiddle with our phones before each ride, but we may be waiting a while for that. that is if you need the audio cues.

me, I go based off feel, and if I’m pushing the limits of the wheel I have my phone out to check speed when it’s reasonably safe. 

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 11:59 PM, Heyzeus said:

While I was riding today, there was a strong bit of headwind on my way home, and a few times I set off the speed alarms that I had set through wheel log. I heard the speed alarms through the speakers I've installed in my fullface helmet but I was thinking to myself how if my phone was disconnected from the wheel/wheellog, or if the wheel log app failed, or if the Bluetooth connection between my phone and my Bluetooth receiver connected to my helmet speakers failed I never would have heard those alarms.  And with the wind and my full face helmet, If I started getting the wheel beep at 80% power there's no way I would have ever heard it.

I really feel like these newer wheels should have both super loud upward-facing speakers for the speed alarms and also a strong vibration alarm that you can feel in the case through your legs and feet.  I don't know if you could create that vibrational pulse with the motor and the magnets or if you would need a separate rumble pack like motor like that's used in alarm clocks for deaf people, but either way it would be nice to have some speed alarm signal that's not just auditory.  Don't know if there's any deaf people riding these but a plus side of it too would be that it would be more accessible to them

If it is a speed alarm, just set your tilt back at that speed.

9 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Cardos and other motorcycle oriented Bluetooth intercom systems are speaker systems mounted inside your helmet directly outside your ear. It’s not a headphone, it’s not an ear bud. It doesn’t go around your ear in any way. Just look it up and you’ll get what the product is. They’re speakers inside your helmet. And they’re loud.

this is the best workaround solution to date.  Hopefully euc companies figure out how to alert us without having to fiddle with our phones before each ride, but we may be waiting a while for that. that is if you need the audio cues.

me, I go based off feel, and if I’m pushing the limits of the wheel I have my phone out to check speed when it’s reasonably safe. 

The problem is my hearing aides do not just "increase volume", but rather increase volumen based on frequency, and adjust in real time. Depending what frequency the beeps are at I may not be able to hear it at all unless the speaker has that sort of adjustment.  In the meantime my currently solution works fairly well.

10 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

There are Bluetooth hearing aids, they connect to phones to take phone calls, play music[, and provide EUCWorld updates]. 

Mine have this as well.  However it requires an external unit to wear around my chest, can't store more than 10 bluetooth profiles & has a proprietary interface to my hearing aides.  On top of that it would require me to wear hearing aides under a helmet which is impossible due to my electroncis being "large"/external to my ear (I  need more amplification than "in ear" hearing aides can provide).

Even worse is the bluetooth unit must be programmed by an audiologist and the non-repalceable battery lasts MAYBE 2 years.  My device started malfunctioning before the battery did.  The replacement is $300+programming fee.  I didn't bother.

• Like 1