"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

won;t lie. As a design engineer, i like the look of this unit! 
But suspension is the new thing i look most forward to, more then speed or range. 

Well, i'm glad i held off looking for a pre-order. Can afford to wait and see. B)

On 4/26/2020 at 11:22 PM, mrelwood said:
  • Complaints of shell breaking? Screw that, let's put the wheel in a steel box and surround it with a WRC approved roll cage!

The shell would have to be plastic. A die for formed steel is too expensive for a limited run product, not to mention the need for a large die press...

We'll be lucky if the formed tube is actually steel.

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

[Don't know where @Lukasz got the 20” wheel statement from.] 

A 20” GW wheel would be doomed to sell just a fraction of a 18x3”, no matter how perfect the wheel was, and no matter what features it had, suspension or not.

Maybe it's the perfect wheel to fill a void. Instead of selling what others are selling, selling what others don't have. Smooth ride, huge range.

The tire is the suspension. 

6 hours ago, onizukagto said:

As a design engineer, i like the look of this unit!

I love the look too. "Add your own pads" is an excellent idea.

2,500W motor sounds like torque, not speed, unfortunately. (I doubt they came up with some new high-tech design, since they're new that would be extremely high-risk.) It's going to be hard enough to start a wheel manufacturing facility if they outsource the components and just assemble them...

The only way I see them pulling this off is if Gotway let them run Veteran as a sub-division of GW, using the GW production lines. (Like Honda has their high-end brand Acura, Toyota has Lexus, etc.) From the shell it looks like that's what they are doing. Replace the fragile shell, add more battery and a usable trolley handle, get rid of silly rainbow LEDs and using real lights. They designed the Goldwing of touring wheels. Smart. 

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
  • Like 3

with rumors like this your attention it's drawn from latest launched wheels from IM and KS...
surely someone who it's interested of buying V11/S18 will most like want to wait (1 month ?!) to see what's going on with this "Veteran"

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

"Add your own pads" is an excellent idea.

One that GW has already been following religiously for years... :lol:

2,500W motor sounds like torque, not speed, unfortunately.

A 20” wheel would get 10% of speed for free compared to an 18”. Imagine just a 2500W MSP fitted with a 20” tire, the top speed would be enough for nearly everybody, and as a larger wheel it would be even more difficult to overlean than the wheel that can’t practically even be overleaned.

The only way I see them pulling this off is if Gotway let them run Veteran as a sub-division of GW, using the GW production lines.

That would surely be a smart move if they want this to happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Meserias said:

surely someone who it's interested of buying V11/S18 will most like want to wait (1 month ?!) to see what's going on with this "Veteran"

Sure. I for one am a lot more interested in what GW themselves will introduce. If the pricing works, the Veteran could replace the GW Monster, but I’m pretty sure the 18” wheels is where the big sale figures stop in the future as well.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

2,500W motor sounds like torque, not speed, unfortunately. 

To be fair, wattage gives no indication whether a motor is wound for torque OR speed.

If it's a high speed motor (45mph+) it may well need a nominal 2500w.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

2,500W motor sounds like torque, not speed, unfortunately

erides.co.uk announces on its instagram that the speed, without load, of this wheel is "close to 100kph". Considering that an MSS has 96kph no load speed, and its real speed is approximately 72kph, and considering that a 3200wh Veteran weighs 33kg, the approximate speed of a Veteran can be about 70kph.

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

A 20” wheel would get 10% of speed for free compared to an 18”. Imagine just a 2500W MSP fitted with a 20” tire, the top speed would be enough for nearly everybody, and as a larger wheel it would be even more difficult to overlean than the wheel that can’t practically even be overleaned.

Kuji has said on his instagram that the wheel is 18x3

Edited by ugoaps
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ugoaps said:

Kuji has said on his instagram that the wheel is 18x3

Ah, I'd definitely count Kuji as a more trusty source. That does trump my earlier wild theories quite effectively... :facepalm:

The Veteran is looking like a MSP with more batteries/range and updated controller (since the speed is more like the MSX given the MSP no-load speed is 80 kph). Hopefully the "frame tube" is steel, along with the retainers....

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

The Veteran is looking like a MSP with more batteries/range and updated controller (since the speed is more like the MSX given the MSP no-load speed is 80 kph). Hopefully the "frame tube" is steel, along with the retainers....

I think you're making a good theory. All these new ideas are great! Im waiting for a MonsterII with 20" wheel, 45mph sustained and 100 mile range. Maybe something made with a little attention to detail too. For these, I'd forgo weight and trolley requirement. I'd like to see what tradeoffs this newer wheel idea is going to make. Exciting times....  Cmon graphene!

• Like 2

Just now, ShanesPlanet said:

I think you're making a good theory. All these new ideas are great! Im waiting for a MonsterII with 20" wheel, 45mph sustained and 100 mile range. Maybe something made with a little attention to detail too. For these, I'd forgo weight and trolley requirement. I'd like to see what tradeoffs this newer wheel idea is going to make. Exciting times....  Cmon graphene!

Rumours are that samsung will be putting graphene batteries in it's newest phones, either the s20 note or the s21(?) either ways, it's just around the corner!!

Can't wait to see the commercial cells roll into EUC!!!  

• Like 2

Hello. :efee47c9c8: I think this electric wheel is a new model. I'm very interested now. I saw it on Kuji's Facebook page and it was amazing. :blink:

If I ride this electric wheel, I think I will have to go to battle.:facepalm:

I want to know more about this electric wheel. The current information is 100 V, 3,200wh, 20 inches?

I also don't know if this is accurate information. I'm looking forward to this electric wheel.!! :efefae4566:

• Like 1

3200Wh, sign me up. People who claim you don’t “need” the range don’t realize performance decreases as you deplete the battery; You Kingsong and Inmotion owners would know this all too well as your battery depletes below 60% when your tiltback engages earlier and earlier. 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...