King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

1 hour ago, eve said:

For anyone interested. This is the replacement parts list sent to me from my chinese dealer. 

https://mega.nz/file/OxQG0DQC#e_LIzFeQcudalXuYv2SsrRYw2z2RrsNCxYESRl-W-Lk

Interestingly i noticed one part that wasnt in first two batches which looks like the frontlight undercover. Its the 16th part.

Thank you! This list is quite useful to have!

On 10/27/2020 at 11:19 PM, Purplecycle said:

And the bearings saga continues...

Guys, I wanted to ask for a favor...if possible...

I sent the videos of the bearings noise to my dealer and they are saying that the noise is normal. I think that anyone who has owned an EUC for a while can tell that this sound is not normal, and the bearings are dry on the inside. Plus, in a previous video where I spin the wheel by hand, there is a clear 'clicking' noise inside the motor.

I don't want to impose, but if someone could record a quick video of the sound made by the motor of their S18, I would greatly appreciate it. I would send that video back to the dealer for comparison. 

Thanks in advance.

On 10/20/2020 at 11:15 AM, Josephch said:

You have to go in the ks app and turn off the carry mode and turn it back on.. same happened to me. 

I tried that a few times, nothing... 

I reverted back to the 2.05 version and everything works again. What are the upgrades I’m missing with 2.06? 

I might just deal with the dead zone if it’s worth the firmware upgrade.

2 hours ago, Mac said:

I tried that a few times, nothing... 

I reverted back to the 2.05 version and everything works again. What are the upgrades I’m missing with 2.06? 

I might just deal with the dead zone if it’s worth the firmware upgrade.

I realized that after i posted, there was a difference in the carry mode. I didn't notice it before since i usually pull the handle all the way out to roll it and usually shut it off to carry it into the house. The update really sucks... I have to keep reminding my self not to put it in carry mode and almost dropped it a few times. I wish i can revert back..

8 hours ago, eve said:

You can. There are around 3 point where the S18 can get damaged by water.

Frontlight if you manage to spray water under it. 

Connection of the Motor and Sensor cable. Its covered in silicon glue so you shouldnt worry but its better to just not spray too much water at that part. 

And the Motherboard which is covered by the top cover. 

As long as the water current is not to high and you only spray the water from the top not sideways or upside down. 
You should be good. 

But it all depends. There might be some issues with first or two batches and i wouldnt be suprised if someone just forget or just didnt apply water sealent on some parts.

Thanks so much, @eve!

It was killing me to have to wait so long for my S18, but in hindsight, being in batch 3 may have been a blessing in disguise. I feel like most of the issues around the S18 production have been from early batches 1 and 2.

I have a Nebia removable shower head which is more of a mist than a spray, and it isn't very strong. I'll spray it down after today's ride. I also ordered a couple bottles of Rhino Goo from SpeedyFeet. Ian just posted a video and swears by it for maintenance cleaning of EUC's.

1 hour ago, Kommienezuspadt said:

Thanks so much, @eve!

It was killing me to have to wait so long for my S18, but in hindsight, being in batch 3 may have been a blessing in disguise. I feel like most of the issues around the S18 production have been from early batches 1 and 2.

I have a Nebia removable shower head which is more of a mist than a spray, and it isn't very strong. I'll spray it down after today's ride. I also ordered a couple bottles of Rhino Goo from SpeedyFeet. Ian just posted a video and swears by it for maintenance cleaning of EUC's.

can you tell me if your frontlight has a cover underneath it? 

On 10/28/2020 at 9:12 AM, FinRider said:

Roll.nz now has a cover for us!

Those guys at Roll.nz are awesome!   :blink: :facepalm:

On 10/28/2020 at 10:58 PM, Mac said:

Thanks mate purchased one on the spot...

Good call...   :thumbup:

On 10/29/2020 at 4:55 AM, AlexIsTheBest said:

Me too! I just went with black because I couldn’t decide on a color. What color did you guys choose?

It looks awesome in purple - all of the colours look great on the S18, much better IRL than in the photos (perhaps I found an excuse to get a new camera).

BTW... The website says that they won't be shipping until early November, but I have it on good authority ;) that a number of them are with DHL already.

And if that isn't enough... There may be something else available soon for the S18!   :shock2:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Purplecycle said:

Thank you! This list is quite useful to have!

It's all written in Chinese. How is that useful? Do you know Chinese? Or how to translate it?

7 hours ago, Josephch said:

I realized that after i posted, there was a difference in the carry mode. I didn't notice it before since i usually pull the handle all the way out to roll it and usually shut it off to carry it into the house. The update really sucks... I have to keep reminding my self not to put it in carry mode and almost dropped it a few times. I wish i can revert back..

If you have an iPhone, SoftTuner app by Kingsong will give you the option to revert back to 2.05.  I had to use a friends iPhone as I could not find the app for Android.  Anyone know where I can get the Android SoftTuner app?

7 minutes ago, c5flybyu said:

If you have an iPhone, SoftTuner app by Kingsong will give you the option to revert back to 2.05.  I had to use a friends iPhone as I could not find the app for Android.  Anyone know where I can get the Android SoftTuner app?

Thanks..ill try to ask a friend who has an iphone. Some some posted that the reverted using darknessbot too i believe.  Wish they would make it available for androids...whats up with that???🤨🤨🤨

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bridgeboy said:

It's all written in Chinese. How is that useful? Do you know Chinese? Or how to translate it?

There is a thing. Called Google Spreadsheet and Google Translate. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, c5flybyu said:

You can use EUC World for firmware downgrade.

• Like 3

On 10/22/2020 at 1:59 PM, AlaskanAlain said:

My lock button just makes the shock harder to compress, it doesn't lock at all and I can't pump it to more than 200 psi. The pump simply can't do it, even at 130 it feels almost impossible to pump. Could that be the pump or the shock?

I just go my s18 and was having the same issue with not being able to get over 200psi, but then I grabbed my old shock pump from storage on a whim, and it was incredibly easy. So, I suggest trying another shock pump. The one KS sent me was crap.

8 hours ago, Seba said:

You can use EUC World for firmware downgrade.

Awesome!  Thanks for the info.  EUC World didn't have the 2.06 update last week so I foolishly downloaded the KS app to update.  Update froze half way and bricked my wheel so I had to find a friend with an iPhone so I could use SoftTuner and install 2.05.  Now I am able to update and downgrade on EUC World and will always wait.  

• Like 2

On 10/30/2020 at 12:54 PM, Purplecycle said:

Guys, I wanted to ask for a favor...if possible...

I sent the videos of the bearings noise to my dealer and they are saying that the noise is normal. I think that anyone who has owned an EUC for a while can tell that this sound is not normal, and the bearings are dry on the inside. Plus, in a previous video where I spin the wheel by hand, there is a clear 'clicking' noise inside the motor.

I don't want to impose, but if someone could record a quick video of the sound made by the motor of their S18, I would greatly appreciate it. I would send that video back to the dealer for comparison. 

Thanks in advance.

Attached video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2vfbdhfb08v5dj/Prueba de ruido cojinete KSS18.mp4?raw=1

I do not have an account on youtube yet, so you will have to see it with the link or download it directly.

Edited by feguti

2 hours ago, c5flybyu said:

Awesome!  Thanks for the info.  EUC World didn't have the 2.06 update last week so I foolishly downloaded the KS app to update.  Update froze half way and bricked my wheel so I had to find a friend with an iPhone so I could use SoftTuner and install 2.05.  Now I am able to update and downgrade on EUC World and will always wait.  

I couldn't find a section on the euc world app for software updates.....

2 minutes ago, Josephch said:

Start EUC World, connect with your wheel, from app menu select "Wheel settings" and scroll down.

8 minutes ago, Josephch said:

You may also need to create a profile and login before what Seba said.  Good luck!

• Like 1

What the chuff my S18 is near six months over due and waiting and I still have no idea what is the first or best App I should start it up with straight out the box.   

A.  Kingsong

B.  Darkbot

C. That other one I cant remember.

D. Fuck nose

Edited by yon