King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

Just downgraded my S18 firmware from the 2.06 to the 2.05 version with EUC World, which do that faster than the official KS version, it seems to me :)

What means the mention "reduced shaking" in the little list of the advantages of this downgrading ?

photo_2020-11-13_08-00-28.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Josephch said:

I think that was the improvements that come with the 2.06 but your losing with the downgrade?? After i downgraded, when i check the upgrade on the euc world, only the carry mode was left as upgrade left.🤔🤔🤔

I think so, and I noticed that the 2.06 the shaking is almost completely gone, it means when, while driving straight, the wheel starts swinging left and right, and stops only by squeezing the legs on it and slowing down softly

A.

28 minutes ago, dsd317 said:

No.  Where did you hear this?

Jason at eWheels told me they installed it on my S18 for me; but I don't know anything about it yet.

We're having the S18 shipped back out to you, again:
- New suspension arms installed
- Latest generation (just received) battery bases used
Pedal mount set replaced
- New style fender installed

After stating they are shipping it back to me they are actually still doing some things to my S18 and haven't shipped it back yet. I asked them about the fender in email, but they get a lot of emails, and haven't replied back yet.

Also, here's a little gem Jason told me as well:

On the EX front: Gotway has informed that they're coming out with a suspensionless high-speed version of the EX, capable of around 100kph under no load. The price is going to be in the same league as the Veteran @ $2,850.

Edited by Bridgeboy
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Bridgeboy said:
- New suspension arms installed
- Latest generation (just received) battery bases used
Pedal mount set replaced
- New style fender installed

Interesting.  You'll have to refresh my memory regarding your situation.  Did you receive your S18, then sent it back to eWheels due to suspension problems?

I'm really curious to see what they did to your S18.

On 11/15/2020 at 5:06 PM, dsd317 said:

Interesting.  You'll have to refresh my memory regarding your situation.  Did you receive your S18, then sent it back to eWheels due to suspension problems?

I'm really curious to see what they did to your S18.

My S18 went back to eWheels the first time and got the wheel/tire/fender realigned so the tire would stop rubbing the fender. Nobody understood the problems with the suspension at that time.

After receiving it back the problems with the suspension came to light. It was sent back this second time to fix the suspension, the other "upgrades" are just eWheels updating me with all the latest stuff Kingsong has issued since release. For instance, version 4 of the battery base:

1032860301_S18BatteryBracketRevisions.png.5a2ed28341514a37ed6726b7e0f9921b.png

Edited by Bridgeboy
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Bridgeboy said:

My S18 went back to eWheels the first time and got the wheel/tire/fender realigned so the tire would stop rubbing the fender. Nobody understood the problems with the suspension at that time.

After receiving it back the problems with the suspension came to light. It was sent back this second time to fix the suspension, the other "upgrades" are just eWheels updating me with all the latest stuff Kingsong has issued since release. For instance, version 4 of the battery base:

image.png

Is it just me or is this image not showing up?

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 10:23 AM, Andrea said:

I think so, and I noticed that the 2.06 the shaking is almost completely gone, it means when, while driving straight, the wheel starts swinging left and right, and stops only by squeezing the legs on it and slowing down softly

A.

Strange, I took a few mile ride yesterday after not riding for a week (only ridden twice then). I noticed I was shaking a ton and couldn’t figure out why, just figure it’s my stance and inexperience. I don’t understand how any software could help with the shaking issue. I’m assuming shaking and speed wobble is the same thing? Essentially just uncontrolled oscillation?

Edited by AlexIsTheBest
  • Like 1

Hello, I have a s18 from the first batch bought from myewheel. I modernized the suspension myself to make it work properly and smoothly. But I have a question for you, should I get the improved parts, e.g. battery base v4, from kingsong under the warranty?
(My battery base is ok after breaking the wedge)
Please write if you got any revised KS parts.
Thank you

On 11/15/2020 at 7:37 PM, Bridgeboy said:

image.png

Wow...twice.  You definitely have more patience than I do.  And for some reason, I can’t see the image you posted.

So I think I figured out my wobble problem. There is definitely a bulge somewhere in my tire. I don’t think it’s the wheel because I don’t see any movement when the motor is spinning. However, the tire very obviously pulses. I think this happened when I deflated and put slime in. Any suggestions? I suppose on my mountain bike I would just lay it on its side, deflate, squeeze around the circumference, checking for inconsistencies, and then re-inflate. Is this a common issue?

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 8:34 PM, dsd317 said:

Wow...twice.  You definitely have more patience than I do.  And for some reason, I can’t see the image you posted.

I have patience because I have my new Sherman which I love. If it weren't for that I would definitely be more pissed.

I don't know why nobody can see the picture I posted as I can see it just fine. Weird. It shows all four (4) versions of the battery base progressions.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 1:50 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

After a test ride on my newly acquired 18L, I noticed it had quite a hop in the ride. Being a stickler for a smooth ride, I was immediately alarmed. Luckily, it wound up being a very common and easy thing to rectify. This happens a lot, especially with newer tires. Once you get a tire properly seated and ride for a a while, it is unlikely to present itself again. I noticed that someone had tried to balance the wheel before I got it, with wheel weights. I'd imagine they were attempting to fix this problem, but incorrectly. Hard to balance a rim that is mostly motor. Anyhow, heres a short video of my recognizing the problem, turning the tire to face the right direction, and verifying the bead is properly seated. The proof is in the pudding and it was a drastic improvement once completed. Short test ride at the end, 25psi 135lb rider.

On 11/17/2020 at 7:44 PM, AlexIsTheBest said:

So I think I figured out my wobble problem. There is definitely a bulge somewhere in my tire. I don’t think it’s the wheel because I don’t see any movement when the motor is spinning. However, the tire very obviously pulses. I think this happened when I deflated and put slime in. Any suggestions? I suppose on my mountain bike I would just lay it on its side, deflate, squeeze around the circumference, checking for inconsistencies, and then re-inflate. Is this a common issue?

Found my solution thanks to @ShanesPlanet!

Welp, I did my best to center my tire but for the life of me I could not get the wobble out. The rim seems to be straight. The wobble seems to be mostly around the valve stem. I tried moving it around, holding it in place, partially filling, over filling, using soap to lubricate. Just couldn't get the wobble out.

So I think I should buy a new tire!

EDIT: I rescind my assessment that only the tire is wobbling. It seems there IS some wobbling in the wheel. Not sure what my next step should be. Basically, if I hold the tip of a screw driver very close to the rim, the screw driver will rub on the rim in one spot as the wheel goes around. Could it be because my axle is off center? I had to shim it a bit to get the sliders to move smoothly but I don't think that could really affect the wheel angle much. Actually, nevermind, off center axle wouldn’t cause this.

Edited by AlexIsTheBest
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bridgeboy said:

I don't know why nobody can see the picture I posted as I can see it just fine. Weird. It shows all four (4) versions of the battery base progressions.

It appears the image is attached to an email, and since we aren't signed into your email, we can't see it.

Edited by redfoxdude

On 11/16/2020 at 6:41 AM, AlexIsTheBest said:

Is it just me or is this image not showing up?

On 11/16/2020 at 8:34 PM, dsd317 said:

5 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

It appears the image is attached to an email, and since we aren't signed into your email, we can't see it.

Is it fixed now? I downloaded the picture and then reinserted it in the post.

17 minutes ago, Bridgeboy said:

Is it fixed now? I downloaded the picture and then reinserted it in the post.

Yes the picture are viewable now.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 3:43 PM, AlexIsTheBest said:

Strange, I took a few mile ride yesterday after not riding for a week (only ridden twice then). I noticed I was shaking a ton and couldn’t figure out why, just figure it’s my stance and inexperience. I don’t understand how any software could help with the shaking issue. I’m assuming shaking and speed wobble is the same thing? Essentially just uncontrolled oscillation?

I don't know, maybe I'm learning better and better to ride it (I drive 350km monowheels only), but now that I read I thought this.

A.