Be Careful Out There!

That is horrible, I would have had your back @zenleetech at the very least I would have already been recording those bastards and calling the cops the instant I saw a gun come out or them starting to beat on you.

I probably would have gotten myself hurt because I tend to choose fight over flight in these situations, would have tried to rally some of the bigger people around to try and help get the mob off you or at least hold some of them captive until cops showed up. Though once people saw a gun come out they would have not helped out I imagine.

These guys probably have rap sheets judging by how brazen they were to attack in broad daylight, like they knew no one would interfere and that they would be successful.

I always carry a blade when I ride, probably would have been useless here but the idea is to at least get some blood or skin for the cops to ID. What a bunch of pricks! Sorry this happened to you.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

I always carry a blade when I ride, probably would have been useless here but the idea is to at least get some blood or skin for the cops to ID. What a bunch of pricks! Sorry this happened to you.

Will police do that? There are so many thing that I think a cop can do to help our case but when the actual thing happen they don't. They just said they will do their best..

• Like 1

It of course depends on severity, and if they believe the perps were in the system.

Rape and murder cases 100% they will run forensics.

In theft/mugging cases if the value reaches a certain amount or if their was violence and injuries that call for the use of resources they will run forensics.

It definitely can't hurt and having something like that will make the criminals sometimes panic and bail since they know they can be identified let alone the injuries they sustain (having to get hospital care can make them easy to find). And the injuries can be traced back to match the case.

At the end of the day you can have these test run yourself and use a PI to track down and follow the trail of your things being sold if the cops can't do anything about it. Taking someone to court with this evidence and possibly eye witnesses (sounds like there were plenty) can be an winnable case in small claims courts.

Holy crap...I'm always wary when riding alone, at night, since the wheel itself already draws attention and it's obvious it isn't cheap...but in a park, in broad daylight? At gunpoint?

Sorry to hear this, @zenleetech! Glad, first of all, that you're OK, and secondly, that you were able to get your wheel back!

Stay safe!

• Like 1

Damn man! What a scary experience! glad you are ok!

A month ago a guy tried to steal my Tesla after pushing me but couldn't figure out how to ride the EUC and couldn't carry it for long until I got him. All this happened early morning while I was commuting to work in a bicycle lane next to the sidewalk/pavement.

After this experience I found that there is a GPS tracker for EUCs that @Seba is adding into euc.world, it is being discussed here:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

Holy crap...I'm always wary when riding alone, at night, since the wheel itself already draws attention and it's obvious it isn't cheap...but in a park, in broad daylight? At gunpoint?

Packs of feral ghetto kids with no fathers are just about the most dangerous creatures you ever saw. I should know...I'm from St Louis. 

This situation is common, and I've encountered it a few times, which is why I cross the street and regard any packs of kids with the highest suspicion. 

And this is an ambush, with a gun, by a pack. Not much you can do, and you can't pull a gun if they have the drop on you, and you can't pull a gun afterwards because they always beat you up. Always. That's why he was punched from the side and then stomped.

His armor saved him from a true beat down.

Get a gun and make regular trips back to that park as you may find them hanging out there again. If you spot one of them then call the cops for backup. I am always suspicious of gangs especially if they start approaching together and surrounding you. If there is any CCTV in the area or security cameras then you could try and get a look at the footage. Ask locals if they often see gangs of kids hanging around regularly and if its usually the same ones you describe. They must hang out together often, so people will know about them. Glad you are ok.

On 3/5/2020 at 6:16 PM, RoadRunner said:

When i hear stuff like this I’m really glad that i live in a country where no one is carrying guns. 

It’s so different in America where guns are just a part of people’s life, don’t like that.

Oh please. You're in Germany. 'nuff said. London has a massive number of knife attacks, the anti-american bias is strong.

Edited by Hatchet

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

You just gave me my 2000th like, @null! :wub: 
(off-topic, I know...but at least, a non-confrontational tangent...)

You were kind enough you wish my wife well so here’s a few more.:cheers: 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You were kind enough you wish my wife well so here’s a few more.:cheers: 

A few more? :roflmao:

2020-03-09-00-09-15.png

:roflmao:

Thanks!

As Zen Lee said in one of his latest videos, "[The EUC community] is the best community I've ever been a part of"  :wub:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

Based on @zenleetech's recent video on the matter, it seems they caught 4 of the perps, including the one with the gun. 

Thanks for sharing the good news,  @gr8ps! Didn't hear him mention it in his last videos...was it on Facebook maybe?

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

Based on @zenleetech's recent video on the matter, it seems they caught 4 of the perps, including the one with the gun. 

That is good news. I do hope they get the last guy too. 

I also hope that they some how convict all of them as gunmen. As a group beating up sone at gun point they are as much to blame as it is a cowardly act 7 vs 1 and him at gun point. 

I am glad that in general we don't have this happening here yet. As I am not sure I would be able to hold my self back even if my logic brain says that is the smart thing to do, handing over you item, as they are after all only items not your life. 

• Like 2