WaveCut

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

Pre-ordered. 

I'm not a fast rider nor very proficient yet with my V10. But when we go back to work, I plan to make the EUC my main source of transportation.

Just wondering if I'll sell my V10 or hold on to it as an extra.

If you are commuting, you need other options, so look at what you would do if you couldn't use your wheel.  If you have options then selling I think is not bad, because in a while you may want to buy a newer wheel anyway and then you can decide again if you want to keep a backup.  Things seems to be changing fast right now with real changes, not just baby steps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

Pre-ordered. 

I'm not a fast rider nor very proficient yet with my V10. But when we go back to work, I plan to make the EUC my main source of transportation.

Just wondering if I'll sell my V10 or hold on to it as an extra.

Will you need to carry your wheel upstairs? That might be one reason for keeping the V10.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

If you are commuting, you need other options, so look at what you would do if you couldn't use your wheel.  If you have options then selling I think is not bad, because in a while you may want to buy a newer wheel anyway and then you can decide again if you want to keep a backup.  Things seems to be changing fast right now with real changes, not just baby steps.

I agree.

I want to see if the V11 is as indoor-friendly as the V10 - specifically at work. My covered V10 doesn't cause alarm passing security. Will the V11, which looks like an electric 'scooter' (as some call it), make it past security? I need to see.

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Will you need to carry your wheel upstairs? That might be one reason for keeping the V10.

Nope. The only place with steep steps is my hair salon, so I walk there. Begrudgingly. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Nope. The only place with steep steps is my hair salon, so I walk there. Begrudgingly. 

Then you should probably sell your V10. I found I don't ride my old V8 after getting my KS-16X. I thought I'd keep it for rides involving stairs, but I never use it.

1 minute ago, Jon Stern said:

Then you should probably sell your V10. I found I don't ride my old V8 after getting my KS-16X. I thought I'd keep it for rides involving stairs, but I never use it.

I hear ya. I regretted selling my V8, but after riding the V10 there was no going back anyway. I have a feeling that it'll be the same with the advanced features of the V11. Like FreeRide said, I can get something newer later.

See? That's why I like this forum :)  You all are helpful. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Inmotion Global said:

(1)The orange rubber will be replaced by black rubber starting from the second batch.

(2)The chorme plate will be replaced by black background and the logo will be orange starting from the second batch

Super glad to hear the orange rubber will be switched back to black--I think it just looks way more premium.

Overall I'm a fan of a "blacked out" aesthetic and kinda wish I could get the black rubber from v2 with the silver/no-orange plate from V1 (or a new black/no orange one).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

A dissenting opinion but I think a lot depends on the weight. While I could see someone not using their V8 much once getting a V10F (since the V10F is still pretty svelte/compact and 'only' 45 lbs), but I still use my V10F a fair amount since getting my Nik+ because the latter is just so damn heavy/bulky (almost 60 lbs, like the V11). I think I would feel limited by 'only' having a wheel that large & heavy.

I see a lot of value in having/keeping a smaller, more nimble wheel especially as your largest wheel gets over a certain threshhold--with that threshhold likely varying person to person.

I respect your dissenting opinion, and thank you. I have a lot to think about - especially with the weight factor.

Fortunately I'm not in a rush. I'll have both at the same time at least for a period.

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 3

OT: It wasn't until half way through this video that I got what DD was! This shows there's more than one America. Dunkin' Donuts barely exists in this area.

Edited by Jon Stern

23 hours ago, AtlasP said:

I see a lot of value in having/keeping a smaller, more nimble wheel especially as your largest wheel gets over a certain threshhold--with that threshhold likely varying person to person.

I agree. While I don’t mind lifting the MSX to a car trunk all that much if it means I get to ride it instead, I still often use the 16S for exactly that. It’s a little easier companion for when I know that the rides are limited to short distances only.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 9:57 PM, AtlasP said:

Super glad to hear the orange rubber will be switched back to black--I think it just looks way more premium.

Overall I'm a fan of a "blacked out" aesthetic and kinda wish I could get the black rubber from v2 with the silver/no-orange plate from V1 (or a new black/no orange one).

First initial run is only about 100units. So it might that yours are in the 2nd batch. In that case you should be getting the blackened version.

I prefer the highlighted version of red/chrome. 

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

First initial run is only about 100units. So it might that yours are in the 2nd batch. In that case you should be getting the blackened version.

I prefer the highlighted version of red/chrome. 

I'd like the orange rubber and the orange black logo👍😊

• Like 1