WaveCut

2 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I guess on advantage is you don't have to carry a phone to use it. The display is also very easy to read though why you need to show speed to a decimal point I have no idea. There's also the small matter of cost,  a galaxy watch costs £400 while this will hopefully be a lot cheaper. If you'd suggested a pebble watch rather than the galaxy then I might of partially agreed with you. Anyway, neither watch will go round your wrist when you're wearing wrist guards.

My Pebble watch with magnet band work above my wristguard, for this evening i take a photo :-)

The advantage that the InMotion watch work without phone, is a good deal but not very important because who go ride without his phone ? It’s more secure to call somebody if necessary ...

Without a killer function, it’s not enough but i hope i made a mistake.

I think the debate about the Inmotion watch could become a longer one so let's take it to a more appropriate thread. 

Once created I will link it below. In this post. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I guess on advantage is you don't have to carry a phone to use it. The display is also very easy to read though why you need to show speed to a decimal point I have no idea. There's also the small matter of cost,  a galaxy watch costs £400 while this will hopefully be a lot cheaper. If you'd suggested a pebble watch rather than the galaxy then I might of partially agreed with you. Anyway, neither watch will go round your wrist when you're wearing wrist guards.

Who doesn't carry their phone though..? Galaxy Watch display with EUC World is also easy to read and it can easily change strap (I have several different ones with different materials and lengths for different occasions, rubber, nylon, leather) as well as use strap a extender if you need to so there are solutions for making it large enough or wearing a strap that you don't mind if it gets dirty or damaged.

Edit: Saw Unventors post after I posted, will post further comments in the other thread. 😀

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I am not surprised. But then again I have been fiddling around with my V11. 

I have been a bit cautious at first but as I have been in situations where I thought I would 120% get into trouble and didn't, actually I cruised out of trouble with only a high puls. I have now pumped up the suspension using @mrelwoods most excellent guide. And I raised the wheels topspeed to 40kmh. It might feel slow for some. But with my bad knee I just can't bail as easy from the V11. On the other hand the higher pedals makes it possible to maneuver without scraping the pedals.

And yes I have never ridden as fast as I did on the V11 in both City center traffic and at true night time. 

Despite no side lights I managed to make a lot of people to cryout "what is that.... That's that really cool ... Or insane(okey that last one was acceleration" fairly"😉 just for show off as they almost stepped out on the bike lane but still safe). That is what you get riding home at 23:30 in main party street at starting season for students. 

As I wrote I have never ridding this fast or pushing my wheel this hard as I did on Friday afternoon rushhour traffic. I were late and could easily have missed my ferry to Denmark. 9.75km in 19min downtown Gothenburg. With the state of poor bike lanes and added "speed bumps" or obstacles to slow escooters and bikes... Not my V11 😁

I really really love this one. It is not a trick scatebord. It is a true commuters dream Imho. 

The only issue I really have is how easy it can go fast and that you do not feel that fast at first... Until you need to do real emergency braking. That is when you know you are going faster than normal EUCs. I do know how to brake. But distance just get so much long after 30kmh and every 5kmh added on that. 

If you are still waiting for your V11 all I can say, sit it out. It will be worth it unless you have been riding your GW at the very limit.

In that case you will feel a more comfy ride but also a very different approach to safety margins or headroom.  And I really love this from IM. 

I am going to add the seat per Marty’s instructional video. And I believe the seat will provide much better braking while riding standing. Marty covered this in the instructional video...instead of simply using your heels to apply the pressure when you shift your center of gravity back when braking, you make contact with the seat. That contact is like an enhanced emergency brake as you are now pushing back on the seat, pulling the cycle back more rapidly. 

Unsure if you are a seated rider but even if not this may provide the better braking you want for city commuting, even if you never sit on it. 

41 minutes ago, eve said:

You can also just put on custom pads on the backside where your legs/shins touch the wheel when breaking. @EUChristian

Whats your shoesize @Unventor Im 45EU and the V11 pedals look too short for me. 

Aren't they bigger than the v10 pedals? I put v10 pedals on my v8 and i wear a size 11 shoe.  Pedals are plenty large for my feet 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eve said:

You can also just put on custom pads on the backside where your legs/shins touch the wheel when breaking. @EUChristian

Thanks Eve!  Wondering if I should try both out and see as I will definitely have a seat. I’m definitely mounting some sort of power pad setup. Hopefully by the time I get my wheels we’ve had more people adopt some of the tips on pad designs shared here and a couple clear winners emerge. 

On 9/5/2020 at 3:47 AM, Oscapuss said:

However I'm getting this horrible noise from it at low/moderate speeds.

One thing to test would be to remove the saddle completely, then take it for a spin. I noticed that the lowest parts of the saddle can sometimes vibrate against the vertical pedal pillars.

3 hours ago, eve said:

897BFD48-3121-4548-A5E4-AA0CD80B4D9B.jpeg.9c12fcbde4d7d64961e6e5ea22cc25be.jpeg

3 hours ago, eve said:

Im 45EU and the V11 pedals look too short for me. 

They are very wide, but I do think they are just a bit short for my EU 46. The hex style pedals Inmotion will be making are much longer though, I’m eagerly waiting for them!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

One thing to test would be to remove the saddle completely, then take it for a spin. I noticed that the lowest parts of the saddle can sometimes vibrate against the vertical pedal pillars.

They are very wide, but I do think they are just a bit short for my EU 46. The hex style pedals Inmotion will be making are much longer though, I’m eagerly waiting for them!

Love your design...will it continue to evolve or is this the one?  Is the cut towards the back (looks like a forward pointing triangle) so it fits in the bend on the back of your knee?

1 hour ago, EUChristian said:

Love your design...will it continue to evolve or is this the one?

Thanks! Who am I to stop evolution... ;)

Actually I think the harder EVA was better after all at the top of the foot for jumping a heavy wheel, so my next one might combine EVA and this hiker’s sleeping matt. Not in a hurry though, as this one is quite good already. I believe the basic shape is final.

1 hour ago, EUChristian said:

Is the cut towards the back (looks like a forward pointing triangle) so it fits in the bend on the back of your knee?

This one?

CCD2447B-DA9A-4E7D-A6E1-3D1DC246FD08.jpeg.1ff8b1b2d3000494761e39e21d96ac15.jpeg

The riser block was added afterwards, I just cut the Eva block to match the corner shape of the neoprene... :lol:

8 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am not surprised. But then again I have been fiddling around with my V11. 

I have been a bit cautious at first but as I have been in situations where I thought I would 120% get into trouble and didn't, actually I cruised out of trouble with only a high puls. I have now pumped up the suspension using @mrelwoods most excellent guide. And I raised the wheels topspeed to 40kmh. It might feel slow for some. But with my bad knee I just can't bail as easy from the V11. On the other hand the higher pedals makes it possible to maneuver without scraping the pedals.

And yes I have never ridden as fast as I did on the V11 in both City center traffic and at true night time. 

Despite no side lights I managed to make a lot of people to cryout "what is that.... That's that really cool ... Or insane(okey that last one was acceleration" fairly"😉 just for show off as they almost stepped out on the bike lane but still safe). That is what you get riding home at 23:30 in main party street at starting season for students. 

As I wrote I have never ridding this fast or pushing my wheel this hard as I did on Friday afternoon rushhour traffic. I were late and could easily have missed my ferry to Denmark. 9.75km in 19min downtown Gothenburg. With the state of poor bike lanes and added "speed bumps" or obstacles to slow escooters and bikes... Not my V11 😁

I really really love this one. It is not a trick scatebord. It is a true commuters dream Imho. 

The only issue I really have is how easy it can go fast and that you do not feel that fast at first... Until you need to do real emergency braking. That is when you know you are going faster than normal EUCs. I do know how to brake. But distance just get so much long after 30kmh and every 5kmh added on that. 

If you are still waiting for your V11 all I can say, sit it out. It will be worth it unless you have been riding your GW at the very limit.

In that case you will feel a more comfy ride but also a very different approach to safety margins or headroom.  And I really love this from IM. 

Thanks for the input. 

I like riding my V10F on classic mode, which is responsive acceleration. 

On "comfort mode" the acceleration is linear and smooth, I want really used to it when I came off the V5F. 

Maybe your should try comfort mode on the V11 (if it has that mode?). 

I'm definitely waiting out for a 3rd or 4th batch before putting my money down on a V11. Still have plenty of km on my V10F and the wife still remembers it's still "new" .....

:roflmao:

5 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Thanks for the input. 

I like riding my V10F on classic mode, which is responsive acceleration. 

On "comfort mode" the acceleration is linear and smooth, I want really used to it when I came off the V5F. 

Maybe your should try comfort mode on the V11 (if it has that mode?). 

I'm definitely waiting out for a 3rd or 4th batch before putting my money down on a V11. Still have plenty of km on my V10F and the wife still remembers it's still "new" .....

:roflmao:

I have just tested the the non-off road mode. I am not unlocking the 55kmh limit as I am still a bit from using that anyway. 

I am going out to do a short shopping round now and getting lunch. But we are having really bad stormy weather today at my place. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eve said:

I have small feet for a male. EU40 or 41 depends on fit. Or US7.5.

The pedals are fairly big. Bigger than my KS16X but not as long as KS18XL xl pedals. I doubt it will be any issue for you. 

You can see my feet on my slowmotion gravel parking lot test. 

11 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Will try this and see what happens.  I have a feeling a screw was loose inside and has now snapped.

I sent videos to ewheels and will see what they say.  Not riding it until this gets figured out.  Knocking/clunking sound gets worse each time I use it.  If they don't have any suggestions I might have to open everything up and see if something came loose in there.

4 minutes ago, eve said:

@Unventor Seems like ill be buying a Sherman instead. Those pedals are too short. If had place my heel at the same spot as you in 0:18. The tip of ma foot would be where the tyre is.

I wear size 11.5 to 12 which is EU45 and my feet fit fine on the pedals.  I will take a picture and show you, if this is the whole reason you are not buying a V11 you are making a mistake.

• Like 3

This is my first "real" wheel.  I bought a practice wheel a few months ago Kingsong KS-14m and have been beating that up.  This beast is next level.  Looking forward to learning on this one.  I am going to be taking it slow because its a beauty and I don't want to mess it up.  

https://www.tiktok.com/@ivegoneanddoneit/video/6869944398688390405

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Themarsman said:

I wear size 11.5 to 12 which is EU45 and my feet fit fine on the pedals.  I will take a picture and show you, if this is the whole reason you are not buying a V11 you are making a mistake.

The other reason are the batteries. Would appreciate a picture! :O 

Edited by eve

45 minutes ago, eve said:

@Unventor Seems like ill be buying a Sherman instead. Those pedals are too short. If had place my heel at the same spot as you in 0:18. The tip of ma foot would be where the tyre is.

You do what you want to do it is your money. 

But do not call it down to pedal size. That is just plan silly. People have been using EUCs with smaller pedals just fine with big feet. 

Anyway it only mean someone else will enjoy a V11. I doubt it is a major loss for Inmotion. They have a big queue waiting and right now the S18 isn't looking to be much of a choice if you ask me. 

• Like 2

At what speed does the V11 begin limiting top speed?

I've seen some recent reviews that IIRC indicate that throttling begins at 50%, limiting top speed to 37kph? 

Can anyone provide specific numbers for the battery levels where throttling begins and the respective max speed?

18 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You do what you want to do it is your money. 

But do not call it down to pedal size. That is just plan silly. People have been using EUCs with smaller pedals just fine with big feet. 

Anyway it only mean someone else will enjoy a V11. I doubt it is a major loss for Inmotion. They have a big queue waiting and right now the S18 isn't looking to be much of a choice if you ask me. 

I heard Seba talking about 18650 batteries performing better in low temperatures. Thats also another factor. We dont get a lot of snow here so i want to ride in winter too so bigger battery and the 18650 type seems better for me.

I dont know what size your shoes you were but the pedals seem short for me. 

And no its not silly. Not buying a Gotways because of bad shell also isnt silly. I dont see any difference between those two. 

I do want to buy a V11. (If not that then Sherman, EX or Monster Pro). But giving money to company with such bad QC as Gotway doesnt seem as a good idea considering Inmotion provides such good quality products with a focus on safety and comfort. (Dont ask me why i bough an S18 when i knew its gonna be a mess, it was the cheapest of the 3 wheels.) :laughbounce2: 

And its always a good idea to buy a secondary wheel as a first wheel instead of a primary wheel as first wheel. S18 being the niche secondary wheel for fun and V11 being primary considering its a commuter/cruiser.

I know that you can go up to 55 at 80%. But im pretty sure you get 50 up to 30%. @Jonesq But dont quote me on the last one im not 100% sure.

Edited by eve
  • Like 1