16X Notice

Patton250

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

She’s actually very excited about it.

48285280497_4853e17cd9_b.jpg

If that's your wife, I'll pay your $250 expediting fee and keep her company while you ride (your 16x) for three weeks! 😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

As of today, still there, much to my chagrin (I upgraded again today to confirm).

It's not an oscillation, as the bobbling is equal on both sides. It feels like the motor magnets cannot clamp tight enough when pushing the 16X 25mph+, so they bobble/shudder in regular intervals, especially pronounced when hitting a bump or uneven pavement at these speeds, not the most confidence-inspiring.

Thanks a lot for the pre review. However, as i have ordered the wheel i don't feel reassured by the wobble at 25mph+. I thought the firmware update would fix it.

Is kingsong aware of it? Do you think the production model will still have it? Do you also think it it is a firmware issue?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, giggidditygiggiddity said:

Anyone know what shipping provider ewheels uses?  I was planning to inquire I'll prefer a pick up from the shipper instead of delivery, don't like the idea of a big package sitting several hours on my porch/garage front.

Fed EX, you can have the wheel delivered to your nearest Fe Ex location, some are even open 24 hours

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, giggidditygiggiddity said:

Anyone know what shipping provider ewheels uses?  I was planning to inquire I'll prefer a pick up from the shipper instead of delivery, don't like the idea of a big package sitting several hours on my porch/garage front.

You could also install a chap $20 Wyze cam and have it notify you when Santa gets home

1 minute ago, giggidditygiggiddity said:

Awesome thanks!  

When you get your Fed Ex tracking number just log into Fed Ex and change the delivery location to a store near your home. They won't leave the box, signature required for home deliveries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Yes, they are plenty aware per direct communication with Tina/KS, and have been trying to fix it with the last 2 firmwares, slightly tempered with the last one, but nowhere near solved. 

Do I think the production model will still have it? Not sure, but they haven't been successful for a couple of weeks now.

It's definitely a firmware issue per KS, and makes sense, as they apparently switched motor manufacturers, not to mention the new & higher 2200W motor, something they need to optimize the firmware for.

I thought kingsong said none of there other wheels did it it was just a problem with the one they passed around 🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, houseofjob said:

To me, the tire feels / maneuvering dynamics are similar by tire width (3": MSX, 16X, NIkola; 2.5" 18XL, V10F, etc.), even if the diameters are 16" vs 18" (in general). This does NOT mean I think same width wheels ride perfectly alike, as obviously different manufacturer firmware, and different shell shapes / weight component distributions, will change the response and dynamics of the wheel.

The KS-16X for some reason reminds me of a mini tank. It feels very stout, solid, and packed in, while the way you can be more aggressive with it, have to be more aggressive to unlock the torque, more than a lighter 2.125" width wheel, all contribute to this tank-like feeling I think.

The Z10 shouldn't even be in this discussion IMHO. For better or for worse, 4.1" wide with the dramatically increased gyroscopic effect, does not feel like any other EUC to me, might as well be a different type of PEV.

The Nikola is obviously more boxy (esp height), but outside of the differences in how the signature Gotway and King Song algorithms differ, they don't feel incredibly all that different a general ride, obviously both being ~17" x 3" tires. Both are balanced ergonomically, just that you will feel more bulk (more height than width), inbetween your legs with the Nikola than the 16X.... and neither is better than the other IMHO (more compact when storing in a public space will be better with the 16X, but bigger body feel while riding feels more secure when riding amongst car traffic with the Nikola to me).

Next to the 18XL, the 16X feels more balanced dimension wise to me. Whenever I get on an 18XL these days, the big and tall (but not wide) circular body alway seems to be positioned very high in juxtaposition to the pedal height, and the whole setup rides a little top-heavy to me, while the 16X feels much more balanced throughout. And the 2200W nominal motor power of the 16X feels considerably more powerful than the 2kW nominal power of the 18XL to me. On the 18XL, while going up some of our NYC bunny hills, I can usually get it to do an overpower if I try hard enough, while with the same effort on the 16X, I still have not been able to (perhaps this will change once @Marty Backe does a 16X hill test? dunno).

As of today, still there, much to my chagrin (I upgraded again today to confirm).

It's not an oscillation, as the bobbling is equal on both sides. It feels like the motor magnets cannot clamp tight enough when pushing the 16X 25mph+, so they bobble/shudder in regular intervals, especially pronounced when hitting a bump or uneven pavement at these speeds, not the most confidence-inspiring.

Thanks man. Sucks about the firmware problem. I’m sure they’ll sort it out. Looking forward to your video. 

I really couldn’t bare knowing I had a chance on getting my wheel early and I failed to commit. And then, I would have been watching YouTube videos of people enjoying their 16X’s, meanwhile I’m kicking myself in the ass! So I said, YES please for early shipping. 

‘It’s funny! I’m still kicking my ass because, I’m not patient 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Daniel-Son said:

‘It’s funny! I’m still kicking my ass because, I’m not patient 

The brutal life of early adopters :w00t2:

• Like 1

I too agreed to the expedite fee as I want to get as much dry riding up here in Portland before the rain sets in this fall. If this wasn't my first and only wheel so far I probably wouldn't have opted in. I'm super excited at the prospect of riding in just two weeks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

sorry, trying to convince myself to not spend more money

How is that working for you? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/15/2019 at 8:32 PM, Mrs. Rehab1 said:

What what WHAT...

can’t believe you still have my wife’s name registered on the forum and she’s got 13 reps! :laughbounce2: 

Payback.

48313891291_e1205454dd_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2