KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

2 minutes ago, Dave U said:

I'm currently weighing in at 190 Lbs, Looks like you're strapping on a 10 Lbs backpack :laughbounce2:  but you gave me enough time to lose 10 Lbs. I'll take the XL, Lets do this!  

I think we will. But I don't think I'll have the time until July. It's going to be a great test :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I think we will. But I don't think I'll have the time until July. It's going to be a great test :thumbup:

Sounds good, I'm all for it! Time to start losing weight. Marty just put me on a diet :facepalm:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave U said:

I'm currently weighing in at 190 Lbs, Looks like you're strapping on a 10 Lbs backpack :laughbounce2:  but you gave me enough time to lose 10 Lbs. I'll take the XL, Lets do this!  

OR, I ride with Dave and you film us both? I’m about the same weight. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

OR, I ride with Dave and you film us both? I’m about the same weight. 

Believe it not, I may be up for that. I would ride my Nikola so we could get a 3-for-1 test. The only thing is both of you will have to lose weight because I'm not strapping 10-pounds on :lol:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Believe it not, I may be up for that. I would ride my Nikola so we could get a 3-for-1 test. The only thing is both of you will have to lose weight because I'm not strapping 10-pounds on :lol:

:popcorn: Marty I have a 10 pound Lead Weight Dive Belt you could barrow if you like? No Back Pack Required!:cheers:

Edited by Dave U
  • Like 2

I read on the Speed Reduction Graph thread that Different wheels, even between same manufacturer, use different voltages to report "percentage" of battery remaining. Chriull posted that KS18XL reports 0% at 3.0V and MSX reports 0% at 3.3V. If this is true, the "range test" may only be telling part of the story. Also in the Gotway Monster 2019 thread Jason says all his Gotway imports have a diode for charging protection, and some people on this forum have said that diode interferes with the battery pack's ability to charge or use the charge 100% (I'm not sure how the diode works). This diode may interfere with Garrie's use of voltmeter for range calculation too.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Hey! Where's your faith in my ability?

:ph34r:

it is on my tv in 2-4 weeks? maybe :popcorn:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

I read on the Speed Reduction Graph thread that Different wheels, even between same manufacturer, use different voltages to report "percentage" of battery remaining. Chriull posted that KS18XL reports 0% at 3.0V and MSX reports 0% at 3.3V. If this is true, the "range test" may only be telling part of the story. Also in the Gotway Monster 2019 thread Jason says all his Gotway imports have a diode for charging protection, and some people on this forum have said that diode interferes with the battery pack's ability to charge or use the charge 100% (I'm not sure how the diode works). This diode may interfere with Garrie's use of voltmeter for range calculation too.

The range test is all that matters. Because when the wheel tilts-back and kicks you off the wheel when the battery is too low, you've ridden as far as the wheel can take you. Doesn't really matter how the wheel reports the percentages. When it stops, it stops.

• Like 1

@eddiemoy @Marty Backe The 18(X)L discharges the cells down to 3.0V. All Gotways discharge only to 3.3V. So you get more range because the batteries are emptied further. That's the secret. I seem to recall a rumor GWwill do that from the Nikola, too, to stay competitive on range, but maybe I totally imagined that:confused1:

0% on a Gotway (3.3V) is 25% on the 18XL (also 3.3V!). So in other words, the GW absolutely definitely already has stopped you from riding (heavy low battery tiltback) before the 18XL even starts any battery related speed reductions!

I wrote about that here:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/13209-speed-reduction-graph-rider-info-needed/?tab=comments#comment-234939

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm going to use the Nikola and 16X to practice these skills ...

You’ve been practicing.BTW...did you loose some height?

47926272163_fba266b2e1_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

@Marty Backe make sure to share video footage of your splits today, don’t want to miss that action!

You'll have to wait a couple of weeks, until I have the Nikola and 16X :)

10 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Enjoy your ride this weekend!

Thanks! Leaving in about an hour. Looks like 6 of us will be trekking over the mountains :thumbup:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Marty- get your ear plugs ready!  My wife may be calling you this weekend once she finds out I purchased the 16X. 

I get I am far enough away, so you can aim some of the blame towards me. 🤯Since I am getting a KS16X too. 😁

But @Rehab1you got a nice wife right? 😄

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, stephen said:

I tried it on my 2 wheels 😀😀 it didn't look good 😀

10 more mins and you would have nailed it I am sure. 😉

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

10 more mins and you would have nailed it I am sure. 😉

I was going at the end lol but i was worried about stopping,,, how do you stop and get off lol 😂

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I get I am far enough away, so you can aim some of the blame towards me. 🤯Since I am getting a KS16X too. 😁

But @Rehab1you got a nice wife right? 😄

Perfect! With your KS 16X purchase it just might reduce my dog house sentence. She may want to see your receipt. ;)

Yes she is very nice. Just concerned about me.

14 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Plus Marty is on the heavy side.  180lbs with the gear on.

Oh come on, that's on the heavy side now?! I'll have you know I'm not fat, just big boned :)

11 hours ago, Dave U said:

Sounds good, I'm all for it! Time to start losing weight. Marty just put me on a diet :facepalm:

It would probably be easier for Marty to put on 10 pounds.. Just trying to help you know.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nils said:

Oh come on, that's on the heavy side now?! I'll have you know I'm not fat, just big boned :)

And bearded and insulated for cold time here in Sweden...just in case. :clap3:

• Like 1