KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

35 minutes ago, Vanzen said:

I hope someone tell them that if its an "officially" 50kmh wheel, they wont sell one single unit in France due to insurance policies and new laws coming

they can restrict it via firmware and geo location.  not hard to restrict.  it is just hard to get wheels to go so fast.  they are restricting it for other countries already.

Edited by eddiemoy

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The last thing that I want a wheel that can geo-fence my ride. Please, all I want is a dumb wheel that lets me turn it on or off without an Internet connection or GPS. Please!

Let's not dumb down our wheels to the lowest common denominator.

If it is the law and they have to restrict to sell,  then you have no choice.  From what I can see, France seem to be the hottest selling market.  

I know where you stand regarding any type of restrictions even if it is for user safety.  But that isn't going to fly in a global market where each country is different.  

Guessing if they are strict, GW can't sell there.  LOL

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The last thing that I want a wheel that can geo-fence my ride. Please, all I want is a dumb wheel that lets me turn it on or off without an Internet connection or GPS. Please!

Well end of the day wheels still need to be legal otherwise they will not be of much use. 

Most other products are region adapted. Eg smartphones, dvd players, streaming services... I rather the make a regional firmware and expanding customer base than not doing so and shooting potential markets down. 

End of the day the more units sold the more money can go into development. 

Edited by Unventor
Eddiemoy, you made the same point as me but in a different way though.
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

If it is the law and they have to restrict to sell,  then you have no choice.  From what I can see, France seem to be the hottest selling market.  

I know where you stand regarding any type of restrictions even if it is for user safety.  But that isn't going to fly in a global market where each country is different.  

Guessing if they are strict, GW can't sell there.  LOL

Of course if it's the law, then they can do whatever they do. I'm just expressing my personal opinion that I don't want want anything to do with a wheel that's going to restrict its capabilities based on where I'm riding. My opinion.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well end of the day wheels still need to be legal otherwise they will not be of much use. 

Most other products are region adapted. Eg smartphones, dvd players, streaming services... I rather the make a regional firmware and expanding customer base than not doing so and shooting potential markets down. 

End of the day the more units sold the more money can go into development. 

I'm just expressing my opinion that I hope none of that happens in the United States.

Won't it be wonderful when our EUCs are legal everywhere but can't go faster than 20 kph. I can't wait for that day ;)

• Like 1

App could be restricted, instead of the wheel itself. I.e. it will not let you move the slider on your phone in specified region. But the limit already written to the wheel stays there regardless of your location.

Edited by B08AH
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

they can restrict it via firmware and geo location.  not hard to restrict.  it is just hard to get wheels to go so fast.  they are restricting it for other countries already.

So if it's illegal in UK it will go 0 mph😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Nope. To be insured in France atm (mandatory by law ), a wheel cant exceed 45kmh by construction.Firmware doesnt count. Not even takling about the law that will forbid speed over 25kmh, again by construction this fall ...

Edited by Vanzen
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, stephen said:

So the demo unit used by kuji rolls was that the new 2200 motor? Looking forward to marty getting this ,

Thanks jason👍

No. He had a pre-pre-production unit (a couple of months ago). 

:)

Edited by Marty Backe

20 minutes ago, Vanzen said:

Nope. To be insured in France atm (mandatory by law ), a wheel cant exceed 45kmh by construction.Firmware doesnt count. Not even takling about the law that will forbid speed over 25kmh, again by construction this fall ...

How are they selling any of the Gotway wheels in France???

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vanzen said:

I am fine with 45kmh anyway. And I wish I could find a company that would insure my wheel too. Unfortunately I have not been able to find anyone yet. 

It is both to cover myself and if I hurt someone in an accident. But hopefully when EUC riding matures a bit more... 

4 hours ago, Vanzen said:

Seems like someone needs to get working with their law makers....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

No. He had a pre-pre-production unit (a couple of months ago). 

:)

Ooooh nice so hopefully your the first to test the 2200w motor ,looking forward to it , end of month is nearly upon us😊😊, I'm liking this wheel already 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

It will be a 72V 20.7ah 1490wh Wheel. 

20S6P config with 120 Panasonic/Sanyo GA cells. 

For marketing purposes: 84V 1600wh

Wait, how is 72V rounded up to 84V for marketing?  <1500Wh to  to 1600Wh.  Neither of these is rounding... if true it's lying.

4 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

It will be a 72V 20.7ah 1490wh Wheel. 

20S6P config with 120 Panasonic/Sanyo GA cells. 

For marketing purposes: 84V 1600wh

how is this different than GW?  GW lies about even the wh.  At least KS says it is 1554wh.  and we know how 1554wh is arrived, but GW just doesn't even try.  LOL

@Mike Paolini, the 84V is from fully charge voltage.  KS never advertise it as 1600, @Garrie Lim is mistaking that with Gotway.  KS advertise it as 1554wh.

• Like 3

84V is the max voltage (20* max voltage of 4.2V per cell), 72V (or 74V according to the manufacturers) the nominal voltage (20*3.6V or 20*3.7V, the manufacturers use 3.7V nominal per cell because it gives bigger numbers).

Makes 120 cells * 3500mAh per cell * 3.7V = 1554Wh (or 120*3500mAh*3.6V = 1512Wh). Aka "1600Wh" as far as Gotway is concerned.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Does it really matter at the end of the day. I just round to 1600wh. Same with the Tesla, Z10, and V10F. Personally, I describe them all as 1000wh wheels. Close enough.

Yes, I've given up trying to make sense of the two numbers.  to me it is close enough, unless it is 50wh and you say it is 100wh.  LOL. 

In the end different manufacturer's put different numbers on their wheel to stand out, but in the end they are the same if you know where the numbers come from.  Just want to clear the air and make sure they are on the same playing field.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2