My Z10 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

39 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You already know how smart you are. Us fifty are the smartest and luckiest to enjoy this wheel during the remainder of summer.

I can't wait to ride it around tonight ...

:popcorn:   Be sure to report back about this one third more powah rumour if it’s true or not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:popcorn:   Be sure to report back about this one third more powah rumour if it’s true or not.

Of course. See above commentary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I believe my old NB E1+ valve extender should work. I may cut it in half or thirds and add a rubber hose with clamps for more flexibility. I’ll know more tomorrow. 

29269594677_c5388c99a9_b.jpg

43488471434_ea146d56ea_b.jpg

The E+ valve extension works perfectly with the Z actually better then the one they supplied with the wheel. It is too flexible to be easy to screw on. So better don’t cut it. It works best as it is. 

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I think so, but it also depends on your weight. For me (175-pounds), I settled on 30-psi.  I tried the low 20's and I experienced pulling to the left/right.

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I'm 150 pounds, so I might be going a bit lower? Right now I am running it at 34 psi

I suggest you both try 27 psi for a while. 30 and higher psi may give you more control but I think it will put a lot of strain on your knees. You should consider the long term effects and go a bit softer. These 3 psi make a big difference, trust me.

• Like 1

i’d love to be a fly on a wall right now watching marty playing with zed. i love watching someone like marty who has so much fun and enthusiam about these wheels. 

u only live once so make it as fun as u can. Bob helps me with that.

1 hour ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Can I just take the Z10 to the local gas station and pump up the tire?

Sure. But any cheapo bicycle pump will work.

5 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I suggest you both try 27 psi for a while. 30 and higher psi may give you more control but I think it will put a lot of strain on your knees. You should consider the long term effects and go a bit softer. These 3 psi make a big difference, trust me.

Done. Let's try it.

btw the original valve extender works perfectly for me and releases a lot less air than the one I had around that I used previously.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Can I just take the Z10 to the local gas station and pump up the tire?

If you have a valve extension (like the one from the E+) with you, you probably can. If not, it’s not possible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

First 10-Mile Ride

Didn't have a lot of time tonight for a ride, but got 10-miles in. Maybe the pre-production model wasn't tuned very well or beat-to-hell, but this production wheel feels much nicer. Super smooth motor and it absolutely has a noticeable kick-up in acceleration capability. I noticed none of the "skipping gears" sensation that would periodically occur on the pre-production wheel. The wheel feels very zippy (technical term), more so than my MSX, and certainly more than the pre-production wheel. I still need to take it into the hills to know whether the torque has improved.

After 10-miles the battery is at 85-percent. This also seems better than the pre-production unit.

The WheelLog/Pebble Watch integration works perfectly. So nice.

Off to bed so I can get up early and ride it into the mountains.

Here it comes. We got another addict! The Z pandemic has started. ? ? ? ? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

The E+ valve extension works perfectly with the Z actually better then the one they supplied with the wheel. It is too flexible to be easy to screw on. So better don’t cut it. It works best as it is. 

That sounds promising. Thanks! I’ll find out in a  few hours. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

That sounds promising. Thanks! I’ll find out in a  few hours. 

Be sure to wear a mask! ? ... but I promise it won’t help against the Z pandemic. ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Toshio Uemura said:

Be sure to wear a mask! ? ... but I promise it won’t help against the Z pandemic. ? 

The Z pandemic is currently under control in the US as only 50 cases have been reported. There is expected to be an increasing number cases in the coming months though.  ;)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The Z pandemic is currently under control in the US as only 50 cases have been reported. There is expected to be an increasing number cases in the coming months though.  ;)

I doubt it can ever be stopped. As long as nobody burns down the nest, were ingenious people breed these ? our streets worldwide will be swarmed by Z-addicts. ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Seriously, if my wife finds out about the Z the current epidemic in the US will decrease by 1.  Her sister works at my facility where the wheel is being delivered this morning.  :wacko:

Suppose I could say the box contains the V10F that I just sent back yesterday and shout out “What amazing service! An incredible 12 hour turn around time!”   ;)

That would probably solve several problems for you and Inmotion, or as the proverb says: kill one ? with two stones! ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ziiten said:

I read Pebble has been discontinued and now it is called Rebble. Anyone know if that still works with Wheellog.

Yes... Pebble was bought by FitBit and is not servicing their customers... I bought a new cell phone and couldn't get the watch (pebble app) to read the Program... Rebble is the new "support" software a third party is continuing to help service all pebble users :thumbup: once I got the pebble app to read the wheellog app, everything was working properly... what was weird for me was on my old phone it was all good no problem and when I downloaded the same app in the new one it didn't... "THANKS REBBLE"...

3 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

I can verify this as well, bought an Android for $25 and a Pebble 2 weeks ago, and got Wheelog working via Rebble.  Though I will say the screen screws up every so often on the Pebble.

hey, there is a fix for that! its easy as 1.2.3

open up the back, fold a postit note and put preassure on the screen controll chip, put the backpanel back on.

it took me a few tries(i tried different things than postit) but now my screen has been error free for 3 weeks, before i had daily screwups on the display.

google it, your welcome

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

I can verify this as well, bought an Android for $25 and a Pebble 2 weeks ago, and got Wheelog working via Rebble.  Though I will say the screen screws up every so often on the Pebble.

yeah mine also... gets lines through it and can't read it... just have to flip through screens and it gets normal... also I think the heat her in FL effects it...:confused1:

12 minutes ago, Rob Valley said:

hey, there is a fix for that! its easy as 1.2.3

open up the back, fold a postit note and put preassure on the screen controll chip, put the backpanel back on.

it took me a few tries(i tried different things than postit) but now my screen has been error free for 3 weeks, before i had daily screwups on the display.

google it, your welcome

THANKS... gonna try it later...