THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On June 6, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Scully said:

Awesome video! I got tried just following the line graphics depicting your trip?

31 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

JABV#21. Just Another Boring Video. After work fun at a school field. Ground is soft so I tried to speed up. The app showed 12mph.

Old one but edited in VideoRama app to get SFX.

Excellent video and music! Had any complaints riding on a school field? We have  one nearby and would love to try it out.

On 6/5/2016 at 7:26 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I think that's a safety tether as was discussed in this thread about hills and danger...

There's also a good link that @Tilmann posted about a friend climbing different grades in Germany.

It would be awesome to have one of these near.  I'd love to try each and see just how far the NineBot would go.  I'm fairly comfortable with steep grades as I ride them quite often, so it would be the wheel limits being tested.

• Upvote 1

I think @Tilmann mentioned it was a decomissioned miltary testing ground in East Germany.  They must have used it to test miltary vehicles way back when.  Some of those grades are pretty steep!  This is where a tether definitely would help save a wheel barreling downhill after a crash.

It's too bad Rockwheel has been plagued with reliability issues.  Their geared motors have some pretty good torque characteristics I hear.  I was tempted to buy a non-functioning one to try to repair, but I had troubles finding a source for replacement parts.

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove

21 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome video! I got tried just following the line graphics depicting your trip?

Excellent video and music! Had any complaints riding on a school field? We have  one nearby and would love to try it out.

@Planetpapi stop going so fast.  Riding on other than concrete is easier.

@Rehab1 I only use school fields when there is no activity...generally Sundays or summer breaks. So far no one complained. I'm not too sure if I should ride on soccer fields but seems riding doesn't damage anything. 

@steve454 Me riding fast? Ha Ha! It's the camera angle. On regular streets I don't even go that fast like in the video. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

@Rehab1 I only use school fields when there is no activity...generally Sundays or summer breaks. So far no one complained. I'm not too sure if I should ride on soccer fields but seems riding doesn't damage anything. 

@steve454 Me riding fast? Ha Ha! It's the camera angle. On regular streets I don't even go that fast like in the video. 

Very good. I like the idea. I am going to try it out at a nearby non-sport field and mention that I have Planetpapi's  authorization. Good as gold

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

@maguzo Nice video!! Great to see other parts of the world on EUC! Noticed you wore protection too.

Thanks @Planetpapi!
Wrists protection & helmet is my minimum protection for this king of "discovery" ride. I received my G-form (elbows & knees protections) just after.
I'm a kind-of-heavy dude on a little wheel, it would be so easy for me to push it unintentionally to the limit (shutdown), that I'd rather get as ready as possible when this happens...
My helmet is orange, it also helps being seen by others (pedestrians, cyclists, car drivers, etc..) ;-)

maguzo

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

@Planetpapi I don't ride on soccer fields either, If riding near one I go on the outside of the field.  I don't think it damages them much either but still, If I was a soccer player and saw a bicyclist on my game field I would be upset.

13 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

JABV #22.

Nice shoes! Though I don't know how well those pants would hold up if you had to step away in a hurry? 

Perfect surface for riding on though - how fast were you going? Or how long is the track (so we can work it out)?

8 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Perfect surface for riding on though - how fast were you going? Or how long is the track (so we can work it out)?

The track is likely to be 400 metres but it's in America so it will be something silly like 15,750 inches! :D:lol::D;)

• Upvote 1

This morning with local electric bike group. Many didn't show up but it was fun and great weather. Ninebot did 12 miles stretch with full charge and at the end it was limping at 3 mph and was so soft. The last 2 bars are red on battery level indicator. Bikers said I was going 11.5 mph.

• Upvote 3