THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 minute ago, DS said:

Nice video @Moltimondi...is it so hot now in New York?

Hello there DS, glad you enjoyed the video.. it's from last year, it's still kind of cold here in New York. Last week was terrible, it rained almost every single day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vik's said:

Due to some inopportune roadworks which closed my usual path, I took another route to work today.

"inopportune", or Blessing in Disguise?  The new route looks fun! ;)

• Upvote 1

@SuperSport Yes, you've got me there =)

It's a little like in "Fortunately, Unfortunately" word game))) Unfortunately I could not take my usual path so I took a different route. Fortunately the alternative route was made entirely of marshmallows fun :)

• Upvote 2

I couldn't tell if those were normal streets or bike paths in some parts of the video. Also looks like you were in a hurry to show up at work on time. Man you are really going that fast on Ninebot? Can 9bot go that fast? Nice scenic paths in Norway! It's really interesting to see other parts of the world from a local citizen ( not a tourist)  perspective. Love it.

Edited by Planetpapi
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

Can 9bot go that fast?

When you attach your camera to the ninebot directly, it makes the video look really fast.  I'm sure he's going between 10 and 13 mph at times and it appears like 20 mph... ;)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

I couldn't tell if those were normal streets or bike paths in some parts of the video. Also looks like you were in a hurry to show up at work on time. Man you are really going that fast on Ninebot? Can 9bot go that fast? Nice scenic paths in Norway! It's really interesting to see other parts of the world from a local citizen ( not a tourist)  perspective. Love it.

@SuperSport is spot on here.

Yep, both camera location and wide angle lens is the reasons that it looks like it's going by at 35kph when I'm only doing 20kph. Fish-eye effect distorts perspective/image and things along my route seems to move much faster.

As a novice to GoPro cams I havn't experimented too much with the settings so I think I could change view settings from "wide" to "medium/standard" and maybe lower framerate etc. to make it look more natural.

At the sidenote - I got some surprising results by my recent use of the Ninebot app, - my n91 don't tilt me back before 23.8kmph and I am not really sure if I could or could not go even faster than that...

And thanks for your comments! The scenery/nature are really amazing here in Norway. Especially when the weather conditions are like those in my video.

4 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Can you see the wobbling?

That wobbling doesn't seem normal. What speed were you going? 

And why is there a wire coming off from the top of your wheel? What is it for? 

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

it

The wire is just a removable thread connected to wheel. I use it if I'm riding on sidewalks. So if wheel fails it won't run off into traffic. Just a safety feature. 

I think I was going 8-9 miles in that video.