If you fell off EUC and got injured in the last few years, how are you all doing now?

Planetpapi

On 8/16/2017 at 4:51 PM, esaj said:

. My friend riding behind me (who had noticed the bump and slowed down :P) told me that I took some pretty serious air there.

Dang...your friend could have captured some much anticipated video of you riding while also demonstrating your ability to regain balance after air time! :)

• Upvote 2

I've had two accidents (no ladyboys involved :wacko:) both were minor but they take time to heal ( ... or perhaps... "heel").  On the first one I caught the pedal of my IPS Zero on a curb, torqued down onto the pavement and dislocated my shoulder.  The second happened putting my new Gotway ACM through its paces; I hit a pretty deep pothole on the Museum Campus in downtown Chicago, the ACM pitched forward and spit me off before it righted itself (the 1/2 second lag).  I was wearing an elastic wrist protector, but that didn't stop me from fracturing my radial bone.  I rode back from the museum and when I got home the left arm looked a little funky so I decided to take a trip to the ER. A few x-rays later I was in a stylish purple splint (picture).

IMG_7388.JPG

Edited by Chris Westland
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Chris Westland said:

I've had two accidents (no ladyboys involved :wacko:) both were minor but they take time to heal ( ... or perhaps... "heel").  On the first one I caught the pedal of my IPS Zero on a curb, torqued down onto the pavement and dislocated my shoulder.  The second happened putting my new Gotway ACM through its paces; I hit a pretty deep pothole on the Museum Campus in downtown Chicago, the ACM pitched forward and spit me off before it righted itself (the 1/2 second lag).  I was wearing an elastic wrist protector, but that didn't stop me from fracturing my radial bone.  I rode back from the museum and when I got home the left arm looked a little funky so I decided to take a trip to the ER. A few x-rays later I was in a stylish purple splint (picture).

IMG_7388.JPG

Wow, so I gather this just happened? Riding EUCs really is a contact sport. Heal fast.

HaHa... that's a new word for me ... 元数据 = metadata (literally; money data).   Yes, it's a beautiful ride, and there's always something going on. For example this weekend there is the big airshow along the Lakeshore so you have helicopters doing 3-D loops the Blue Angels, lots of really loud Jets.   Chicago has really outdone itself on the Lakeshore; It is the nicest city park in America, better than Central Park.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, so I gather this just happened? Riding EUCs really is a contact sport. Heal fast.

Thank You for the kind words.  It has been about two weeks @Marty Backe.   Fortunately, I wasn't going extremely fast, and I only have myself to blame.  But I was a bit Irritated because I don't think it would've happened on my V8.  When they Gotway ACM hit the pothole, it pitched forward and then righted itself (It was on a medium ride setting) In a way that I wasn't used to after riding my V8.  Live and learn.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Belgian said:

Fell of my Gotway Monster while riding maybe 6kph. Riding seated is dangerous. In short, I landed on top of the tire causing it to maintain angled contact with the ground, which the Monster interpreted as a signal to spin the wheel. This caused the body to rapidly spin around and slam the pedal directly into my right shin slicing a 4" gash in my shin that cut all the way to the bone. 

Oouch2   :shock2:!

On 6/27/2017 at 11:33 PM, Planetpapi said:

If you fell off EUC and got injured in the last few years, how are you all doing now?

Thanks God I died immediately, and therefore now only my astral body is riding around on the EUC, so I don't need to fear faceplants or injuries any more.

:thumbup::innocent1::whistling::cheers:

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure how feel about your new way of been on a astral body but tanks for write it @HermanTheGerman

Since my night crash I ride quite more slow but I get falling again. One due sliding my foot out from pedal in a fast turn over asphalt, hiting it frontally with hands, legs and torso. Only getting slightly scratched in a knee and a few pain in my hands, there was a couple watching me very concerned about my health, I was concerned about their been hit by my uncontrolled euc, lucky they wasn't.

I have two more falls in dirt tracks or doing funny tricks and I think I deserve it, they aren't a big thing.

Btw I healed well from the big scratch in my arm from the night crash I take in this video https://quik.gopro.com/v/h20mg6yRVZ/

• Upvote 2

On 8/20/2017 at 9:12 AM, Chris Westland said:

Chicago has really outdone itself on the Lakeshore; It is the nicest city park in America, better than Central Park.

I have not compared Chicago to other places yet.

So far, I'm enjoying Chicago discoveries, especially the summer festivals.

The Chicago RiverWalk is a frequent place for me to ride.

On 6/28/2017 at 2:33 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

As for my own personal damage... I fall of my EUC all the time - I mean, it's a unicycle! What do you expect? 

But I have mostly just rolled out of it. Sure there is some scapes and a bit of blood, but that's just called living. I haven't hurt myself seriously falling off my EUC. 

But there was that one incident on a hoverboard... They are so dangerous! I managed a broken elbow, which required surgery, screws and wires to resolve. 

On the bright side, I now get better WiFi reception when I hold my phone in that hand!  ;)

I've thought to dig out my roller blade protective gear, just in case.

It seems that others would smirk at my caution.

Maybe for longer trips, I will add protection.

This thread has tamed my wilder spirit with sense.

9 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

I have not compared Chicago to other places yet.

So far, I'm enjoying Chicago discoveries, especially the summer festivals.

The Chicago RiverWalk is a frequent place for me to ride.

Check out Rich Luhr's (@Ombreon this site) blog on his family's electric unicycle tour through Chicago ... they loved it ...http://maze.airstreamlife.com/2017/08/22/camping-in-downtown-chicago/

Chicago-Chris-family-downtown.jpg

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Chris Westland said:

Check out Rich Luhr's (@Ombreon this site) blog on his family's electric unicycle tour through Chicago ... they loved it ...http://maze.airstreamlife.com/2017/08/22/camping-in-downtown-chicago/

Chicago-Chris-family-downtown.jpg

Visitors love Chicago in the summer and the autumn and late spring.

This winter will be my first experience riding around.

Bundled.

Had a KS14B cut out on me while going full speed at night, no safety gear at all. Was launched about 10- 15ft and landed partially crumpled on my stomach. A guy I had passed by came up to me while I was groan achy laughing in pure disgust and pain. "You took a pretty hard fall" he said. In a second or two as I figured out how badly hurt I was i kept thinking " gee, I hope I am cool enough to be invited to the house you buy when you win the lottery"- he had promised his friends if he won he would buy a party house in the neighborhood.

I thanked him and groaned that I was okay (lie) and proceeded to get on the KS14b that had skidded to about five feet infront of me. It turned on like nothing had happened. I mustve looked like a cartoon character that had just been shot by a powder cannon and now was making his way like a singed moth back up the hill

Injuries were a badly busted up left hand. So bad I could not grab a steering wheel for a week. 3 months later and it is almost healed without using any medical treatments. It was purple and green. Had road rash on my elbows, right elbow was the worst, and a little road rash on my knees. I now wear protective gear including a helmet , and I have not been injured since. I continue to push my limits on these things and still looking for fun everyday.

• Upvote 3

On 6/27/2017 at 4:21 PM, KingSong69 said:

I had three major falls! 2 while (i would say) still learning last year.....and one cutout this year, with a major fall!

At least 4, i would more say 5 rips i had broken....3 on the last year falls, x-rayed and confirmed...2 rips this year, not confirmed...but i know it ;-)

Still love riding like Hell! More than the injuries itself the cutout does more to my brain, more doubts you can say!

And my relationship to the EUC had to been repaired and i felt that i am more and more going to choose safety over performance.... :-)

On 6/28/2017 at 2:51 AM, LEO_LEO said:

...I am fresh out of a cut out , and now I think the cut out is like a woman who cheat on you ... and since I have never been cheated (as 99% of men believe) I do not know what my reaction will be ...sure now I found that even my wheel can be a big whore :D

What make and model of wheel? Any idea why it cut out?