Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

3 hours ago, Scatcat said:

I just did a face-palm... Of course paralleling them could cause interference problems, and I have heard of gate ringing before, even if it was a long time ago. Even so, I'd feel a lot more confident with a board where they parallel 247s rather than 220s.

If you feel more confident with this new board on the msuper X then I indeed feel more relaxed then. Phew..  thankyou ! ?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked the tech specs from the new msuperx..I am wondering about the payload that says only 100kg??

the v3s+ has a much higher payload...is the payload really only 100kg??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W5VJ9Ktuwy4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New video I found

Is that a speaker on the side?

Also, this is honestly the first time I've looked at the design of the X and not been turned off by it. I wonder if they've made some last minute redesigns

11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Wow that is a beautiful setting they filmed at plus all the drone shots!  Wonderful!  :wub:

Nice video, but too much drone footage and not enough wheel footage.

They need to hire that guy shown in the 18L video that was just posted :efef6b27e5:

Here are some of Jason Wheeler's photos just posted on Facebook. He must have just taken delivery of the much awaited Msuper X??? Looking sweet as, I really think I need to get one.

Msuper X 1.jpg

Msuper X 2.jpg

Msuper X 3.jpg

Msuper X 4.jpg

Msuper X 5.jpg

Msuper X 6.jpg

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

Nice video, Why many of the testers don’t use protection ?

So you don't approve of his expensive sternal protector?

camera

Aw man she looks like a smooth ride. my bridge has these damn bumps at the connectors of each bridge section. I bet that portly 3' Tire would smooth them out. My 18s is still a little bumpy.

21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice video, but too much drone footage and not enough wheel footage.

They need to hire that guy shown in the 18L video that was just posted :efef6b27e5:

:rolleyes:  There goes the royalties on the Marty BackeTM special edition DJI Martyvic series of drones.  You know, the ones EVERYONE needs to shoot cool aerial follow me, pan, and circle videos during their rides.  :facepalm:  Gonna have to call the factory to change them all to DJI Steve454avics now.  @steve454 when you putting out some more videos?  We need to sign some papers!

10 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Nice video, Why many of the testers don’t use protection ?

bc their weight is always below 60 kg and will never ever have a cut out except going 100 mph +

This new batteryless option is a game changer.  If they can make their battery compartments standardized so the packs are easily switched between rides, I think they could sell additional units and bring costs down for everyone.  The only concern I have is the spark issue, but with the new anti-spark connectors hopefully that should reduce that danger.  If you could get these wheels for $1000 without the battery pack and put your old pack in, that really drops the should I / shouldn't I threshold for some people like @meepmeepmayer.  :whistling:

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This new batteryless option is a game changer.  If they can make their battery compartments standardized so the packs are easily switched between rides, I think they could sell additional units and bring costs down for everyone.  The only concern I have is the spark issue, but with the new anti-spark connectors hopefully that should reduce that danger.  If you could get these wheels for $1000 without the battery pack and put your old pack in, that really drops the should I / shouldn't I threshold for some people like @meepmeepmayer.  :whistling:

What is the correct and safe sequence to disconnect and reconnect the batteries. I've seen some people damage their connectors/Boards with some sparks ? What's the cause of this, there must be correct and safe way to go about it.

Paging @Rehab1 , @TremF , and a few other people who have experienced the "Spark of Notgonnadothatagain!"

I've only disconnected and reconnected the battery on my Ninebot One E+ once, and that even made a loud pop sound.  I'll let the experts go over the details.   I bet the batteries at the factories are only charged up to less than 30% to meet air shipping regulations so there's not as much danger.  With full battery packs there can be a small explosion.  That is why Ewheels helped push for anti-spark connectors.  I think as long as you wear leather gloves and connect things very quickly it should be okay?

6 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Paging @Rehab1 , @TremF , and a few other people who have experienced the "Spark of Notgonnadothatagain!"

I've only disconnected and reconnected the battery on my Ninebot One E+ once, and that even made a loud pop sound.  I'll let the experts go over the details.   I bet the batteries at the factories are only charged up to less than 30% to meet air shipping regulations so there's not as much danger.  With full battery packs there can be a small explosion.  That is why Ewheels helped push for anti-spark connectors.  I think as long as you wear leather gloves and connect things very quickly it should be okay?

For the past 20+ months, I have swapped my E+ batteries numerous times each week, sometimes 3 or more times in a day. Never once had a spark.

1 hour ago, Adel said:

What is the correct and safe sequence to disconnect and reconnect the batteries. I've seen some people damage their connectors/Boards with some sparks ? What's the cause of this, there must be correct and safe way to go about it.

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The only concern I have is the spark issue, but with the new anti-spark connectors hopefully that should reduce that danger.  If you could get these wheels for $1000 witho

40 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

After my spark from hell I found the best method is to first connect both packs to the harness and then perform the final connection of the packs to the board. It the new anti-spark connector is present you will not feel any evidence of a spark. If the original XL 60 is present then it is best to deliberately make the connection without hesitation. Sometimes there will be a small spark as the male and female contacts touch each other. If worried wear some leather gloves during the process or if you’re like me....try to get your wife involved. 

2 hours ago, litewave said:

For the past 20+ months, I have swapped my E+ batteries numerous times each week, sometimes 3 or more times in a day. Never once had a spark.

That's because I loved my beloved Ninebot just a little bit more than all others.  :efeeec645d::efeeec645d:  And she loved me.  Plus maybe because I deliberately discharged the capacitors by pressing the power button after disconnecting the batteries.  :whistling: I was trying to troubleshoot why my atmospheric lights blanked out one day. 

Now she sits collecting dust... :cry2:

Previously I had disconnected & reconnected a Ninebot One E+ battery with no incidents but they aren't as powerful as the big batteries in 84v high wh machines.

When I was reconnecting my Monsters batteries I had discharged the capacitors (which didn't help me 1 iota because I got the spark from hell before I even tried connecting to the board)

I connected the small cables first then started to connect the batteries big connectors. I connected two of the batteries fine but as I went to connect the third BOOM. My fingers were black & the connectors melted.

I sent my Monster to Ian @ SpeedyFeet & I had damaged 2 of the batteries. At the ridiculous price Gotway wants for their batteries I could only replace one. 

To be honest i'd be nervous connecting any batteries in the future. I hope nothing goes wrong with my new ACM2 :)

I'm not much help sorry. No decent advice & probably passing in my nervousness where big 84v batteries are concerned. Lol

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

Archived