Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

21 hours ago, fbhb said:

The price went up to $2500. 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More footage of what the Msuper X is capable of!

10 minutes ago, fbhb said:
More footage of what the Msuper X is capable of!

I think it’s to be expected that generally speaking the X will exhibit performance similar to the latest msuper line models. I don’t anticipate any surprises or boosted or decreased performance. This upgrade is really about giving it a face lift and adding an inch to the tire size ( once again, a genius move by Gotway from the marketing standpoint, imho)

from the performance standpoint or riding experience,  or economically, it may not make that much sense for the current msuper owners to necessarily upgrade . But hey, I might shun my own advice and get one anyways, cuz of the freaking charisma and the smell of power the wheel gives off :) 

10 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I think it’s to be expected that generally speaking the X will exhibit performance similar to the latest msuper line models. I don’t anticipate any surprises or boosted or decreased performance. This upgrade is really about giving it a face lift and adding an inch to the tire size ( once again, a genius move by Gotway from the marketing standpoint, imho)

from the performance standpoint or riding experience,  or economically, it may not make that much sense for the current msuper owners to necessarily upgrade . But hey, I might shun my own advice and get one anyways, cuz of the freaking charisma and the smell of power the wheel gives off :) 

Well I for one would have to agree with the last part of your final sentence! I'm a real newcomer to the EUC scene with my first wheel merely a few months old, but already have my sights set on owning one too, at some point!

8 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Well I for one would have to agree with the last part of your final sentence! I'm a real newcomer to the EUC scene with my first wheel merely a few months old, but already have my sights set on owning one too, at some point!

Ha! We are all in the same boat here my friend! Newcomers and old timers alike. We are happy to defy the voice of reason and spring for a new model as soon as it comes out and spare no expense! Can’t blame you for that!

On 4/11/2018 at 9:08 AM, Charles McLean said:

I just confirmed with Lukas GotWay on Facebook that the tire width is 3".  For me, this makes the MSuper X3 a more compelling wheel than the Z10.  The 19" wheel diameter will pair nicely with the 2000 W motor to give great speed around 35+ MPH and the 3" width is plenty to absorb shock and bumps of off-road riding.

The wheel size specs say 482mm which is very close to 19". Now, AFAIK, the common 18" wheels have a rim size of 355mm = 14" (please correct me if I am wrong). This means they have effectively 18" wheel size (or about 360mm) when fitted with 2x2.0" tire width (adding to the rim size). While rim size specs must be precise, tire width specs often are more approximative without desastrious consequences. From here it is easy to see how we get to 19" wheel size with the same rim.

Given I have never heard of any 19" inch tire specification so far (there are many 18" and 20" tires with varying rim sizes of 305-349mm and 355-400mm, respectively), the so-called 19" wheel is more likely than not a wide tire fitted on a 355mm rim. There is nothing wrong with that, it's IMHO much better than a rare 19" tire specification would be! Of course, 19" sounds much more spectacular than 18" with a wide tire. So I guess we have seen a nice (and apparently successful) publicity stunt.

23 minutes ago, Mono said:

the so-called 19" wheel is more likely than not a wide tire fitted on a 355mm rim.

This would be a very interesting angle! Can’t wait to find out if the rim is the same size!

20 minutes ago, Cloud said:

This would be a very interesting angle! Can’t wait to find out if the rim is the same size!

I’d be surprised if it’s not . Been looking at Msuper mods where the owner installed a 3” tire . Looks to be the same as the msuperx . As others have stated ...19” is an odd size and would require GW to manufacture it’s own rim . (I may be wrong but I don’t think they do this) . That would be a costly process .

2 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

As others have stated ...19” is an odd size and would require GW to manufacture it’s own rim . (I may be wrong but I don’t think they do this) . That would be a costly process

The rim isn't the big problem, a rim is still feasible to manufacture. The big problem seems to be a tire that fits a rim of unheard-of size. Where would that tire come from?

This wheel is becoming more and more desirable... I would defiantly would ask for an extra tire just in case from a seller.

Wondering what the top speed will be  (I know, I know) I do like to speed here and there, ha ha., but on a serious note, Im just looking for more head room when the wheel is pushed, thats all.

3 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

This wheel is becoming more and more desirable... I would defiantly would ask for an extra tire just in case from a seller.

Wondering what the top speed will be  (I know, I know) I do like to speed here and there, ha ha., but on a serious note, Im just looking for more head room when the wheel is pushed, thats all.

I think all this hype is over nothing . Yes they added metal inserts and a new pcb but according to Lucas Gotway (FB) it’s just the existing Msuper T motor in a slightly tweaked shell with an updated pcb. It will go just as fast as the new Msuper and have the same spec . The pcb will allow for a slightly safer ride but we are just looking at a revamped msuper with fatter tire . You can mod existing supers to the same tire size . 

9 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

Here are some more pics from Facebook.  This time they are from Keybe Gotway's facebook page.  These pics are the MSuper X in comparison to the Monster.30725685_1817844395175770_6957448386425389056_n.thumb.jpg.e70953e996ac8334f7aaa8bd406e487c.jpg30724962_1817844338509109_2186926351313797120_n.thumb.jpg.f5fb5846887aa1d31361f7dc0ad27124.jpg

Nice ! After chatting with whoever is running GW Facebook I think I’m gonna wait for the monster to get a facelift before buying a new wheel . The msuperx is just too similar to the msuper T . But a 2000w monster ....now that would be something to get me excited !

25 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

I think all this hype is over nothing . Yes they added metal inserts and a new pcb but according to Lucas Gotway (FB) it’s just the existing Msuper T motor in a slightly tweaked shell with an updated pcb. It will go just as fast as the new Msuper and have the same spec . The pcb will allow for a slightly safer ride but we are just looking at a revamped msuper with fatter tire . You can mod existing supers to the same tire size . 

Watch as Scott throws cold water over everyone's face :blink1:

;)

34 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

maybe so, but why would anyone do all this work on their own, when this thing cost little more than current Msuper T ;), I wouldn't and Im sure many wouldn't either.

Im getting new wheel soon, #1 Z10 (assuming it live to the hype), ACM v2 or Msuper T or X.

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Watch as Scott throws cold water over everyone's face :blink1:

;)

:whistling: just trying to look at it logically . As someone who owns (will be soon to own) the teslarized Msuper it’s a hard sell Given the fact it’s basically the same wheel at its core . But had I not bought the super T and for those who haven’t ....it’s great. 

Sorry ...it was getting a little steamy in here , what with all you guys getting hot and bothered over the superX(xx) :roflmao: 

1 minute ago, yourtoys7 said:

maybe so, but why would anyone do all this work on their own, when this thing cost little more than current Msuper T ;), I wouldn't and Im sure many wouldn't either.

Im getting new wheel soon, #1 Z10 (assuming it live to the hype), ACM v2 or Msuper T or X.

No saying they should . Simply saying for those of us that own the super T it’s kind of s pointless purchase . Unless of course you plan to sell the super T . Or just want it . I mean ...if I could afford to have both and all the other wheels I want I’d do it ! Sadly I’m not “Backe rich “ :laughbounce2:

4 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

:whistling: just trying to look at it logically . As someone who owns (will be soon to own) the teslarized Msuper it’s a hard sell Given the fact it’s basically the same wheel at its core . But had I not bought the super T and for those who haven’t ....it’s great. 

Sorry ...it was getting a little steamy in here , what with all you guys getting hot and bothered over the superX(xx) :roflmao: 

Believe me, I get. You can't help yourself by rationalizing your poor timing in purchasing the MSuper :laughbounce2:

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Believe me, I get. You can't help yourself by rationalizing your poor timing in purchasing the MSuper :laughbounce2:

:facepalm: I’m happy damnit ! Be more happy if I actually had the damn thing in my possession. But yeah, I was counting on GW to release a true 20” wheel ....so it would make sense to buy it . What we got was an 18” wheel with a fatter tire thrown on and stamped with a “19” made in China “ sticker . ??‍♂️ 

15 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

No saying they should . Simply saying for those of us that own the super T it’s kind of s pointless purchase . Unless of course you plan to sell the super T . Or just want it . I mean ...if I could afford to have both and all the other wheels I want I’d do it ! Sadly I’m not “Backe rich “ :laughbounce2:

I own now Msuper v3s 1300 battery, purchased  last may or june I think, so I am planing on getting New one and selling this one., but if the T model goes on sale, I would gladly buy that instead. Once a year is more than enough for me, ha ha.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

Archived