Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2:  Can't wait to check out the stronger get with the 3.0 inch cover!!! Get yer get on!

:roflmao::lol::lol::lol:

Ha!, yes FB translation suck, confirmed.

Per Google Translate on that:

5. Greater grip on the tires with 3.0 inch tires

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

From gotway..

AF4309C3-958B-48D1-8B64-F5D12D3830C8.jpeg

I just saw this on Facebook too and was impressed to see that Gotway is making these much needed improvements in the reliability/safety department. This only adds to the fact that a purchase of this New wheel is even more compelling! Can't wait until this beast is out in the wild, I reckon it's gonna be the must have wheel!

:blink: In.... laid.... with.... metal.... screws.... :w00t2:  The Gotway Gods have answered our prayers!  :innocent1:  I just hope the plastic keeper area around the insert is made thick enough as those photos look a little on the narrow side?  Oh to heck with that whatever - beggars can't be choosers.  Welcome to the 90's!  Yaaaaay!!!!  Booyaa take that King Song!  Take that Ninebot!  Take that InMotion!  Gotway Boys are back in town!  :eff034a94a:

On a side note... I think they are watching us and listening.  :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

Oh my ... I may just have to sell my Tesla and upgrade ... :-)

It does look good doesn’t it ! My only issue is the styling . All these people drooling and saying how masculine and powerful it looks :confused1: Looks more like a toy than any other GW has in the past to me ....

Wonder if this new PCB will be compatible with the Msuper 3T ? Really nice if so ! 

14 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink: In.... laid.... with.... metal.... screws.... :w00t2:  The Gotway Gods have answered our prayers!  :innocent1:  I just hope the plastic keeper area around the insert is made thick enough as those photos look a little on the narrow side?  Oh to heck with that whatever - beggars can't be choosers.  Welcome to the 90's!  Yaaaaay!!!!  Booyaa take that King Song!  Take that Ninebot!  Take that InMotion!  Gotway Boys are back in town!

On a side note... I think they are watching us and listening.  :ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, this is huge. I really didn't think I'd see the day when Gotway used machine screws for the case. This wheel is very exciting. Can't wait for @Jason McNeil to ship me mine :w00t2:

7 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

It does look good doesn’t it ! My only issue is the styling . All these people drooling and saying how masculine and powerful it looks :confused1: Looks more like a toy than any other GW has in the past to me ....

Wonder if this new PCB will be compatible with the Msuper 3T ? Really nice if so ! 

Yeah, I'm seeing some negative commentary regarding the looks. I personally love the styling in every way.

21 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Would it be too much to hope that one of the lighting modes is just white (headlight) in front and red (brake) in back? 

Suuuuure, and would you like concierge service while riding the wheel?  Perhaps some grey poupon or freshly made Hollandaise sauce?  How about a WiFi hotspot in the wheel too?  Maybe leg heater vents for colder days?  Pedal Siatsu massage capability?  :rolleyes:  Let's dial those expectations down a bit, big boy.  Settings on low... and you won't be disappointed!  :w00t2:  (That's what I tell all my Tinder dates!)

5 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Suuuuure, and would you like concierge service while riding the wheel?  Perhaps some grey poupon or freshly made Hollandaise sauce?  How about a WiFi hotspot in the wheel too?  Maybe leg heater vents for colder days?  Pedal Siatsu massage capability?  :rolleyes:  Let's dial those expectations down a bit, big boy.  Settings on low... and you won't be disappointed!  :w00t2:  (That's what I tell all my Tinder dates!)

Reveal hidden contents

Ohh... Perhaps you could ride ahead of me on your valve-modded Tesla, unrolling a red carpet to make my glide more comfortable?

Nice upgrades on the MSuper X.  If it had been around six months ago I would have been very tempted when choosing an 18" wheel.  I'm surprised a simple change of mosfets is enough to allow twice the current, but I'm utterly clueless about these things.  

I thought I was prepared for the temptation of these new releases, but sure enough, I underestimated the pull of the new machines.  :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, Colorado CJ said:

I'm wondering what pricing is going to be like.

Looks like I'm going to have to sell more camera gear.  I had no idea how addicting these wheels would be :furious:

My guess is the initial pricing would be in the sameneighborhood as the pricing was for other  gotway wheels with similar parameters ( prior to this model coming out) plus $250 -$400 for novelty / wow factor and so that the sellers can collect some extra cash from those who are ready to pay any price to be among the first to order , before the price inevitably drops :) this places the price tag at around 1.8- 2k ) But perhaps we will get lucky and be offered a  discount off of the overinflated initial full price .

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, this is huge. I really didn't think I'd see the day when Gotway used machine screws for the case. This wheel is very exciting. Can't wait for @Jason McNeil to ship me mine :w00t2:

In technical terms what the hell does ‘less slippery’ mean?  You gotta laugh at their lingo. 

39630562420_4cae7406ac_b.jpg39630757120_2fc6fc2846_b.jpg

:dribble:  Please please please let them sell it at only $1300 or less!  That way more people will buy them up while others will want to upgrade!  There must be some parabolic economics graph that shows the ideal pricing on a new, desirable wheel.  If they price it too high you end up losing a lot of potential buyers.  If you make it a bargain that people can't resist, they likely will be flying off the shelves, but then you cut into the sales of your other products unless you start discounting them.  I'd probably peg this 19" wheel at $1500 to start as a special first order price and then maybe go up to $1700?  If it's over $2000 that's into a rarefied price point that makes people hesitate more unless they really, really want it.

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

Ok...I’m beginning to be persuaded.  I like those internal improvements.  I still think the looks need to toughen up a bit.

Tell you what. You buy one, loan it to me for a few days, and I'll roll it down a few hills for you, and then it'll no longer look so pretty :D

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

Archived