Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

22 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

I own now Msuper v3s 1300 battery, purchased  last may or june I think, so I am planing on getting New one and selling this one., but if the T model goes on sale, I would gladly buy that instead. Once a year is more than enough for me, ha ha.

T model is already on sale . Been out for months now . ?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

I don’t get how that would have been humorous.

While I can't speak for him, what I think @yourtoys7 was trying to communicate is that if the MSuper T goes "on sale", meaning the price is reduced as a result of the new MSuper X model now becoming available, then he'd buy an MSuper T.

16 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

While I can't speak for him, what I think @yourtoys7 was trying to communicate is that if the MSuper T goes "on sale", meaning the price is reduced as a result of the new MSuper X model now becoming available, then he'd buy an MSuper T.

Yes yes . Okay . I understand now . :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Nice ! After chatting with whoever is running GW Facebook I think I’m gonna wait for the monster to get a facelift before buying a new wheel . The msuperx is just too similar to the msuper T . But a 2000w monster ....now that would be something to get me excited !

@Scott Henley Any idea on a timeframe when the Monster will be getting a facelift?  I think the new 100V Monster has a 2000W motor, but only supports the 1600 Wh battery, not the 2400 Wh.

1 hour ago, Charles McLean said:

@Scott Henley Any idea on a timeframe when the Monster will be getting a facelift?  I think the new 100V Monster has a 2000W motor, but only supports the 1600 Wh battery, not the 2400 Wh.

I have no idea if or when they plan on revamping the monster . Seems like they develop an idea and start production almost right away . So really no telling what GW has in store . Look that the superX we learned about it what ...4 days ago and it’s gonna be for sale in about a month ! Monster just seems to me like the logical choice for the next improvement. Though I bet monster sales aren’t as good as the other line up . It’s a very niche wheel in already niche market . AFAIK the 100v monster is still 1500w but I could be wrong . 

I was indeed wrong . It’s 2000w . So it’s settled , next wheel will be monster . Or will it be @Mrd777 GT16 :efeeec645d: if I had the spare funds at the moment I’d be all over that thing !

On 4/13/2018 at 1:34 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

And can you explain these in more English?

247 MOS, waterproofing, higher pedals and stronger shell. Less risk of frying a MOS, that alone is a YEAH!!!

2 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

I have no idea if or when they plan on revamping the monster . Seems like they develop an idea and start production almost right away . So really no telling what GW has in store . Look that the superX we learned about it what ...4 days ago and it’s gonna be for sale in about a month ! Monster just seems to me like the logical choice for the next improvement. Though I bet monster sales aren’t as good as the other line up . It’s a very niche wheel in already niche market . AFAIK the 100v monster is still 1500w but I could be wrong . 

I was indeed wrong . It’s 2000w . So it’s settled , next wheel will be monster . Or will it be @Mrd777 GT16 :efeeec645d: if I had the spare funds at the moment I’d be all over that thing !

Those two wheels are almost at the opposite end of the spectrum :D

One is like a strong powerful cruiser, the other a temperamental nimble sports car.

6 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

Any idea on a timeframe when the Monster will be getting a facelift?  I think the new 100V Monster has a 2000W motor, but only supports the 1600 Wh battery, not the 2400 Wh.

Actually the 100V Monster is a 1845wh battery...3 packs of 615wh! (48cells each)

More place is not there, at least not without DIY a lot...

There is no 1600wh/2400wh Version, These Watthour numbers dont fit to 100V as you Need 4 cells more for each Serial pack...

6 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Those two wheels are almost at the opposite end of the spectrum :D

One is like a strong powerful cruiser, the other a temperamental nimble sports car.

You are correct sir ! Very different. I’ve ale wanted a gt16 though 

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

Has anyone noticed that tires have a pointing arrow? are tires directional? if yes, they've been mounted wrong :huh:

Some tires are directional, just depends on the tire.  My Kenda tires on my Tesla and MSuper T are both directional and have the little arrow indicating the direction of travel. 

4 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

Some tires are directional, just depends on the tire.  My Kenda tires on my Tesla and MSuper T are both directional and have the little arrow indicating the direction of travel. 

Actually the reason for directionality is rather logical and has to do with water, and slippery mud. The point of the "arrow!" in the thread/pattern should be the first part that touches the ground, thereby pushing liquid and slosh outwards as the rest of the thread follows. So on hard dry roads, it has no meaning, but if you ride in bad conditions, it can help avoiding slips.

25 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Actually the reason for directionality is rather logical and has to do with water, and slippery mud. The point of the "arrow!" in the thread/pattern should be the first part that touches the ground, thereby pushing liquid and slosh outwards as the rest of the thread follows. So on hard dry roads, it has no meaning, but if you ride in bad conditions, it can help avoiding slips.

Do you know of any empirical evidence for this?

1 hour ago, Mono said:

Do you know of any empirical evidence for this?

Nope, that was only observation and logic. But looking at tires with a mirrored diagonal thread, the same rolling direction applies to ALL of them - I suppose there is a reason for that.

But some google-fu yielded this:

Directional Treads: A directional tread pattern is designed to roll only in one direction. For this reason, the tires always have arrows molded on the sidewalls indicating the direction that the tire needs to be mounted. Lateral grooves on both sides of the tire point toward the center of the tire, creating a ‘v’ shape. These grooves very efficiently pump water through the tread so the tire can maintain contact with the road for wet traction and to resist hydroplaning even at high speeds. Another benefit of a directional tread pattern on high performance vehicles is that they give more of an on-center feel for improved high speed stability. The drawback of a directional tread pattern versus a symmetric tread pattern is that they typically wear faster, and are harder to rotate, as they can only be moved from front to back on the same side of the vehicle.

From  https://www.tires-easy.com/knowledge-center/tire-basics/directional-tire-tread-patterns

Another day, another V8 cut out 15 minutes walk from home. I now have my heart set on a powerful and rangy, 18” wheel and it seems like it’s between this and the 18L. Gotta have that comfort. Who actually plans to get one of these MSuper Xs? How does Green and Fashion handle customs, do you prepay at checkout?

13 minutes ago, Kael said:

Another day, another V8 cut out 15 minutes walk from home. I now have my heart set on a powerful and rangy, 18” wheel and it seems like it’s between this and the 18L. Gotta have that comfort. Who actually plans to get one of these MSuper Xs? How does Green and Fashion handle customs, do you prepay at checkout?

No customs for Europe....

Wheel goes over the Netherlands...and from this country directly to your door.

You click for buying and then you have to pay....you even have 30 days time for that. But before you dont pay...nothing happens at Green Fashion.

Think about that the wheels are not ready....as i understood thats a pre Order on Green Fashion. Before 20th or end of May the wheels will not be produced.

Inside the EU there's little overview on import, once it enters Europe, unless the item lands directly in the designated country, straight from China. Free movement of people and goods, but the taxes are still a national affaire. Meaning the Dutch couldn't care less if you don't pay taxes in your country on the item. There are however risks that yours is checked at random. 

5 hours ago, US69 said:

No customs for Europe....

Wheel goes over the Netherlands...and from this country directly to your door.

You click for buying and then you have to pay....you even have 30 days time for that. But before you dont pay...nothing happens at Green Fashion.

Think about that the wheels are not ready....as i understood thats a pre Order on Green Fashion. Before 20th or end of May the wheels will not be produced.

Nice, thanks! Sneaky, but I like sneaky.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

Archived