Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:dribble:  Please please please let them sell it at only $1300 or less!  That way more people will buy them up while others will want to upgrade!  There must be some parabolic economics graph that shows the ideal pricing on a new, desirable wheel.  If they price it too high you end up losing a lot of potential buyers.  If you make it a bargain that people can't resist, they likely will be flying off the shelves, but then you cut into the sales of your other products unless you start discounting them.  I'd probably peg this 19" wheel at $1500 to start as a special first order price and then maybe go up to $1700?  If it's over $2000 that's into a rarefied price point that makes people hesitate more unless they really, really want it.

This wheel is entering the Monster category. There's no way that it'll sell for $1500. It probably will be closer to $2k.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Ohh... Perhaps you could ride ahead of me on your valve-modded Tesla, unrolling a red carpet to make my glide more comfortable?

I'll be sure to wear my tux while carrying a serving tray with all the yummy snacks that a Fat Unicyclist could ever want.  Plus I'll fill up that camelbak backpack with a fine chilled Pinot Noir so I can do mid-ride refueling for you as well!   :w00t2:  I think I've discovered a new business opportunity!  Electric Unicycle Concierge ClassTM service!  Soon to be available in your area!

3 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

From gotway..

AF4309C3-958B-48D1-8B64-F5D12D3830C8.jpeg

That's five major improvements at the same time!  Wow, impressive changes.  

Plus two minor changes, the new side pads look good, and the new lights also.

I might have missed something, but this looks like a much improved MSuper.

I suspect some people will upgrade, especially if the price stays under $1500.  But not likely that low of a price.

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This wheel is entering the Monster category. There's no way that it'll sell for $1500. It probably will be closer to $2k.

It's Friday.  It's myday.  I can dream, can't I?  :cry2:  Thanks for the slap backe to reality.  :efef27703d:

It may be a totally unrealistic, deluded dream, but dammit I want one too!  :efee565ab0:  I just don't want to blow two grand on another wheel when I've only got 50 km on my other one.  Besides, maaaybe Gotway is listening to me, and I can psychically will them to price it low!  Who here would prefer to buy a Msuper X at $1300?  Show of hands.  Okay, who wants to pay over $2000 for one?  <Mike drop>  Now shhhh, let me go back to dreaming... :sleep1:

27 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Tell you what. You buy one, loan it to me for a few days, and I'll roll it down a few hills for you, and then it'll no longer look so pretty :D

LOL...I was thinking about borrowing yours.  ?

37 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It's Friday.  It's myday.  I can dream, can't I?  :cry2:  Thanks for the slap backe to reality.  :efef27703d:

It may be a totally unrealistic, deluded dream, but dammit I want one too!  :efee565ab0:  I just don't want to blow two grand on another wheel when I've only got 50 km on my other one.  Besides, maaaybe Gotway is listening to me, and I can psychically will them to price it low!  Who here would prefer to buy a Msuper X at $1300?  Show of hands.  Okay, who wants to pay over $2000 for one?  <Mike drop>  Now shhhh, let me go back to dreaming... :sleep1:

Reveal hidden contents

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love Don’t let anyone push you around ! You are not dreaming, $1300 is very realistic pricing! In 2 years this model will cost exactly that much...)

47 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'll sell you mine @Hunka Hunka Burning Love, for $1300. In 2020.

:laughbounce2:

Maybe I'm just too forward thinking that I exist in the future.  :blink:  @Marty Backe didn't you laugh when I said Gotway should increase their axle size, improve their connectors by crimping/soldering them, and move to machined screws with metal inserts in their casings for better strength?  :blink:  Mind.  Blown.

:ph34r:  They are watching me.  I know it.  We talked about EUC suspension, and then they released that springy levered pedal concept video.  We discussed disco lighting, and what did we see on the Tesla?  Okay here's a test.

Ahem - I wish Gotway wheels had bluetooth hi fidelity speakers in their next generations of wheels!  :whistling:  Make it so!

Looks just great, but like a few ladies I've seen, she's pretty in the back but not so much in the front. Can you at least have white lights on the front? or none? The MSX is a bit of a "butter face":huh:

Maybe she looks more attractive in person like the MCM5 was. In the side-by-side with the MSuper V3, that X isn't winning any hearts on looks alone.

I like how they're providing detailed 'what's new' for their Wheels (perhaps they've taken a cue from our site ^_^). I'm frequently suggesting to Linnea that they need to emphasize these points more, Buyers need convincing that a new Wheel is exciting enough to make an upgrade to.   

ACMv2-Evolution-of-the-ACM2-1024x520.jpg 

Is it just the angle, or is the shell width asymmetric?

uc?export=view&id=1FS07-qmySGfYlopO5iUKT

:blink:  I must mention that traditionally as technology improves we tend to see smaller future versions in general.  Japan had their fascination with miniaturization which resulted in many amazing advancements in technology.  

That control board looks bigger than the previous design.  Maybe it's to accommodate the massive MOSFETs :w00t2:, but I wonder whether it will be a challenge to position it into smaller shells.  I hope with the new MOSFETs we'll finally see the end to Gotway MOSFETs melting and exploding.  I wonder if the board has a MOSFET temperature sensor.

Those front and back running / marker lights are cool and futuristic looking.  :efeeec645d:  I hope they are fully app customizable for white front and red rear lights as everyone is wanting.  It also would be nice to see some advancements in waterproofing.

I'm not even buying one, but I'm excited to see the reviews and hill climbing tests on the new board.  :w00t2:

8 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  I must mention that traditionally as technology improves we tend to see smaller future versions in general.  Japan had their fascination with miniaturization which resulted in many amazing advancements in technology.  

That control board looks bigger than the previous design.  Maybe it's to accommodate the massive MOSFETs :w00t2:, but I wonder whether it will be a challenge to position it into smaller shells.  I hope with the new MOSFETs we'll finally see the end to Gotway MOSFETs melting and exploding.  I wonder if the board has a MOSFET temperature sensor.

Those front and back running / marker lights are cool and futuristic looking.  :efeeec645d:  I hope they are fully app customizable for white front and red rear lights as everyone is wanting.

From the images/video we have seen so far, the lights look to cycle through the RGB spectrum front and back (similar to the Tesla). However, close inspection shows that the Front lights are Two banks of Eight lights in total (but only Six still lit in the photos), which I reckon are to show the battery level (similar to the Tesla). So my conclusion, at this stage, is that there will be the similar options of flashing lights on, flashing lights off with both options also allowing the headlight on/flashing or off as per the Tesla. Don't really see any chance of customizable options on top of this as standard, as some seem to want!

Getting larger and larger is a concern to me. Msuper3 was large but manageable,  msuper3+ started getting too large, and this one is even worse. Maybe time to review the shell and internal component layout.

Looks like only cowboys will be happy with this wheel ?.

5 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Getting larger and larger is a concern to me. Msuper3 was large but manageable,  msuper3+ started getting too large, and this one is even worse. Maybe time to review the shell and internal component layout.

Yee haa !!!

15 minutes ago, em1barns said:

The Monster is huge. I'm actually excited about something like the Monster but not so big. This MSuper X seems to fit the bill.

6 hours ago, em1barns said:

Space Cowboys will definitely dig this wheel

9 hours ago, em1barns said:

Large you say? It’s only about the size of a 16” V10 :) 

21 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Please please please let them sell it at only $1300 or less! 

Received pricing details from Linnea last evening. Your prayers may be answered, in a way at least: there will be a 650Wh option, which will retail for around $1,170. For those with a limited budget & an insatiable MSuper X craving, you could order a 650Wh (which is still 84V), then slap in another 650Wh pack at a later time, at a cost of $400, when you find you're in need of that additional range later on.  

On the 1600Wh, price is comparable to the existing MSuper V3, under $2k.  

14 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ahem - I wish Gotway wheels had bluetooth hi fidelity speakers in their next generations of wheels!  :whistling:  Make it so!

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love Of course they will do that . Your powers are strong but your predictions are kinda obvious) to blow our minds you gotta make more daring predictions .

Like here is mine : I predict gotway will adapt mcm5 and find a way to reach over 800wh battery capacity even though there is no room to fit in more cells  in there.

37 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Received pricing details from Linnea last evening. You're prayers may be answered, in a way at least: there will be a 650Wh option, which will retail for around $1,170. For those with a limited budget & an insatiable MSuper X craving, you could order a 650Wh (which is still 84V), then slap in another 650Wh pack at a later time, at a cost of $400, when you find you'll need that additional range later on.  

On the 1600Wh, price is comparable to the existing MSuper V3, under $2k.  

Nice ! Great option!

one of the major pluses of Gotway imho is the simplicity of their design and component arrangement / layout.  We can talk a lot about lacking quality etc but simplicity is a huge virtue and so good for easier customization . 

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

Archived