Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Received pricing details from Linnea last evening. You're prayers may be answered, in a way at least: there will be a 650Wh option, which will retail for around $1,170. For those with a limited budget & an insatiable MSuper X craving, you could order a 650Wh (which is still 84V), then slap in another 650Wh pack at a later time, at a cost of $400, when you find you're in need of that additional range later on.  

On the 1600Wh, price is comparable to the existing MSuper V3, under $2k.  

Or ... if you already have a 1300wh 84v GW wheel...you could just steal a battery from one of them . (Since you can’t ride 2 at the same time . ?) . This is kinda what I’m leaning towards ...if, of course , you’re willing to order a few small battery versions . 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, em1barns said:

Getting larger and larger is a concern to me. Msuper3 was large but manageable,  msuper3+ started getting too large, and this one is even worse. Maybe time to review the shell and internal component layout.

Looks like only cowboys will be happy with this wheel ?.

Damn Straight!

4 hours ago, Cloud said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love Of course they will do that . Your powers are strong but your predictions are kinda obvious) to blow our minds you gotta make more daring predictions .

Like here is mine : I predict gotway will adapt mcm5 and find a way to reach over 800wh battery capacity even though there is no room to fit in more cells  in there.

ShhhhhhHHHHhhh don't be the guy to give away the magician's secrets!  :angry:  Okay okay fine fine.  I did think the brass inserts for screws was kind of obscure, but they did incorporate those.  That was a pretty specific improvement along with the axle size change I thought.  It's probaby just a coincidence.

That pricing point for the Msuper X is pretty aggressive!  It looks like Gotway is positioning it quite competitively against the V10 and Z wheels.  I am a little concerned about the ergonomics of the wheel, but if people are fine with the Monster and the previous MSuper I think it should be fine?

Are most Gotway battery packs interchangeable?  Too bad they don't have a standardized battery across their larger wheels to allow the battery packs to be moved to a new wheel.  They could sell just the wheel and casing for $700 say, and users could move their old packs over.  That likely would move more units over the long run.  For example, I just bought a Tesla, but a $1600 Msuper X is a bit much to add to the stable.  A $700 Msuper X bare bones wheel would be a no brainer!

10 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Are most Gotway battery packs interchangeable?  Too bad they don't have a standardized battery across their larger wheels to allow the battery packs to be moved to a new wheel.  They could sell just the wheel and casing for $700 say, and users could move their old packs over.  That likely would move more units over the long run.  For example, I just bought a Tesla, but a $1600 Msuper X is a bit much to add to the stable.  A $700 Msuper X bare bones wheel would be a no brainer!

Yes, they are for the big wheels .All 1600 and 1300wh varieties use the same batteries. So for instance , the batteries from an ACM could be used in an msuper . And vise Vera . So if you have a 1300wh 84v GW wheel . You could buy the 650wh version and take a single battery from your existing wheel and swap it over . Or if the wheel could be bought sans battery you could simply use both your batteries . 

Your Tesla uses a different sized battery . But I guess you could still swap it into the bare superx...

34 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

They could sell just the wheel and casing for $700 say, and users could move their old packs over.  That likely would move more units over the long run.

:thumbup::clap3::thumbup::clap3::thumbup::clap3:

I had that idea, and Ian (Speedyfeet) said he couldn't get Gotway to do it (I wanted a battery-less ACM2 to move my ACM batteries over, also thought about a battery-less ms3T because hey why not have 1.5 wheels if one can!). Not sure if inflexibility of the manufacturers, warranty/safety concerns, concerns about that being a long term money loss (making bigger profit with batteries?), the dealers not liking it, whatever else is the reason....

It would indeed be a no-brainer. They could even have a "automatically get one of the latest Gotways, just move your old batteries over" subscription thing with this! Guaranteed recurring revenue, isn't that what every company should strive for?

One could even think about designs where it's easier to swap batteries being a consequence of such a program.

--

@Scott Henley is right, it's either 3*20 2900mAh cells (650Wh) or 3*20 3500mAh cells (800Wh) that these standard GW battery packs (ACM, msuper V3 and X, Monster) are made up of, so these packs have the same dimensions.

12 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

Here is another video just posted to facebook by Lukas Gotway:

Those lights though ! There is so much I love about this wheel, but so much I hate at the same time! If it was in a beefed up v3s+T case it would be a no brainer , but the lights and weird styling are keeping on the fence . Plus I (will soon) have the V3s+T and don’t know that the X is different enough to warrant buying it too . 

18 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Plus I (will soon) have the V3s+T and don’t know that the X is different enough to warrant buying it too . 

I'm seriously considering the MSuper X3 ... but am on the fence.  I love my MSuper V3s+T ... it is AMAZING, but I would love a wider wheel (3") and the increased pedal height that comes with the wider wheel diameter.  The new MSuper X pedal height is 35mm (1.37") taller than the MSuper V3s+, which will help avoid a lot more tree roots while riding through the woods.    Dammit ... first world problems ... LOL

18 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Those lights though ! There is so much I love about this wheel, but so much I hate at the same time! If it was in a beefed up v3s+T case it would be a no brainer , but the lights and weird styling are keeping on the fence . Plus I (will soon) have the V3s+T and don’t know that the X is different enough to warrant buying it too . 

I imagine the lights can be turned off just like the Tesla. I've become of fan of wheel lights when running at night. I think they make for a good light show to pedestrians and certainly help to make you visible. I love the Tesla ring light effect.

You just haven't fallen down the rabbit hole as deep as I have (yet) :P

6 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

Unfortunately, the only link I have is from Lukas Gotway's FB page.  The video URL also shows facebook.  Sorry.

Did you also see the MCM5 video? Until I saw that video I didn't realize that there were LEDs in those 'vent' holes. I happen to think it looks cool.

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Did you also see the MCM5 video? Until I saw that video I didn't realize that there were LEDs in those 'vent' holes. I happen to think it looks cool.

Oh hey, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but those lights in the vent holes do look cool!

That video shows you can set them to strobing red in the back so most likely there must be a similar option for the front.  Whether white light is an option is difficult to say.  Maybe there are only a few presets that are paged through using the power button?  Otherwise they would need a new app to customize the LED settings. 

Worse comes to worse you can likely get a short strip of bright 5050 / 5630 LEDs to DIY.

11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Worse comes to worse you can likely get a short strip of bright 5050 / 5630 LEDs to DIY.

Eh, if the lights bug folks that much, then crack open the case and disconnect them.  No more blinky, blinky!  Problem solved.

Just now, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Knowing Gotway they probably will stop working all by themselves after a while.  :whistling:  ;)

LOL ... now THAT is hilarious!  Honestly, I can't complain at all about the build quality of my Tesla or MSuper V3s+T.  I've got 450 miles on my MSuper V3s+T in the just the past 2 months and my Tesla has about 350 miles on it in 3 months.  The Tesla took a crash at 34.3 mph and has ridden rock steady since then, with only a few scratches on the shell.  My MSuper V3s+ tumbled down the side of a very large hill and hit a few trees along the way with only some minor cracking around the shell where the pedal support posts connect to the shell.  I replaced the shell, and it's basically brand new.  All internal components are still perfect and I've put on over 200 miles since the wheel took a tumble and it also rides as good as the day I took it out of the box!

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I imagine the lights can be turned off just like the Tesla. I've become of fan of wheel lights when running at night. I think they make for a good light show to pedestrians and certainly help to make you visible. I love the Tesla ring light effect.

You just haven't fallen down the rabbit hole as deep as I have (yet) :P

Valid point with the lights , and I can see the pros of having them for night riding .(maybe not the rainbow show in the video though ;))

im desperately seeking out that rabbit hole , my wife just keeps distracting me from my search. 

1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

Valid point with the lights , and I can see the pros of having them for night riding .(maybe not the rainbow show in the video though ;))

im desperately seeking out that rabbit hole , my wife just keeps distracting me from my search. 

As I predicted in my earlier post, the rainbow effect can be turned off if you are not keen on them. But especially at night/low light situations, I consider them to be a godsend in alerting dopey motorists to your presence! Having nearly been knocked off my Tesla on one occasion (in the daylight) whilst negotiating a roundabout, when a 4WD vehicle entered said roundabout as though I was not even there! Fortunately, I was able to get a foot down to prevent falling/crashing whilst the 4WD driver carried on driving without stopping, seemingly oblivious to what had just happened. The more conspicuous you can be on your wheel the better, I say, as there looks to be several options to suit whether the lights are on/off flashing with/without the head & taillights with the Msuper X. Top marks on the lighting options Gotway.

Andrew Williams
Andrew Williams Lukas GotWay will you be able to disable the colored lights and just have the front white headlight and rear red lights?
Manage

LikeShow More Reactions
 · Reply · 3h
Lukas GotWay
Lukas GotWay Yes, it can be closed.
Manage

LikeShow More Reactions
 · Reply · 2h

11 minutes ago, fbhb said:
As I predicted in my earlier post, the rainbow effect can be turned off if you are not keen on them. But especially at night/low light situations, I consider them to be a godsend in alerting dopey motorists to your presence! Having nearly been knocked off my Tesla on one occasion (in the daylight) whilst negotiating a roundabout, when a 4WD vehicle entered said roundabout as though I was not even there! Fortunately, I was able to get a foot down to prevent falling/crashing whilst the 4WD driver carried on driving without stopping, seemingly oblivious to what had just happened. The more conspicuous you can be on your wheel the better, I say, as there looks to be several options to suit whether the lights are on/off flashing with/without the head & taillights with the Msuper X. Top marks on the lighting options Gotway.

Andrew Williams
Andrew Williams Lukas GotWay will you be able to disable the colored lights and just have the front white headlight and rear red lights?
Manage

LikeShow More Reactions
 · Reply · 3h
Lukas GotWay
Lukas GotWay Yes, it can be closed.
Manage

LikeShow More Reactions
 · Reply · 2h

Fair play. I guess it’s just a matter of personal preference. I personally don’t want to ride around on a disco ball . From a drivers point of view these wheels can be hard to spot . Lights or not . One of my many interactions with the local police force here was getting stopped so he could ask me what I was riding . Earlier that day he had seen me going down the road but from his vantage point couldn’t really see the wheel . So his response was “sorry just had to stop you , I saw you going down poplar earlier today but couldn’t figure out what was going on ...you were moving so fast but your legs weren’t moving “ . Far more important in m opinion is high visibility clothings or accesorries from the waist up while riding at night. There are loads of items out on the market . Some of which are completely “normal” looking until nightfall hits and a light gets flashed in your direction . Then you all of a sudden light up like the Christmas tree at Rockefellers! I want my wheels to look like machines, not power wheels toys .You don’t see dirt bikes or atv’s with tacky light effects all over them . Now that being said I understand the appeal to some people and if that’s your thing then by all means have at it . I just think for the price we spend the end product shouldn’t look like a cheap noveltry item .  

19 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Fair play. I guess it’s just a matter of personal preference. I personally don’t want to ride around on a disco ball . From a drivers point of view these wheels can be hard to spot . Lights or not . One of my many interactions with the local police force here was getting stopped so he could ask me what I was riding . Earlier that day he had seen me going down the road but from his vantage point couldn’t really see the wheel . So his response was “sorry just had to stop you , I saw you going down poplar earlier today but couldn’t figure out what was going on ...you were moving so fast but your legs weren’t moving “ . Far more important in m opinion is high visibility clothings or accesorries from the waist up while riding at night. There are loads of items out on the market . Some of which are completely “normal” looking until nightfall hits and a light gets flashed in your direction . Then you all of a sudden light up like the Christmas tree at Rockefellers! I want my wheels to look like machines, not power wheels toys .You don’t see dirt bikes or atv’s with tacky light effects all over them . Now that being said I understand the appeal to some people and if that’s your thing then by all means have at it . I just think for the price we spend the end product shouldn’t look like a cheap noveltry item .  

I fully understand your view about not having a huge light show when you are on your wheel, I really do as it is your personal Choice. I also agree & use plenty of luminous items for night riding such as a backpack, clothing with luminous logo's etc. The point I am making, is that just like the many lighting options on the Tesla & maybe with even more possible on this New wheel, ultimately you can turn them off completely, not a problem, no more disco ball, because Gotway have given us the Choice!

On 2018-04-14 at 10:29 PM, Scott Henley said:

I have a friend who might know where that is.  :whistling:  He seems to clean it quite often.  :rolleyes:

4jpeoj.jpg

@Charles McLean I thought I wanted to get a Msuper X, but after watching that Chinese Fonzie (Chonzie?) ride backwards and forwards down those stairs, now I KNOW I NEED to buy one!  :w00t2:

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

Archived