Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I hear the last alarm? 53 km/h, than I’m not all that impressed to be honest, I pushed my v3s 1300 battery to 53km/h one time, 50km/h multiple times.

looking at monster 100v and I really like these speeds much better.

looking forward to more reviews on MSuper X, hoping there is more done with that wheel specially from safety point of view.

15 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

looking at monster 100v and I really like these speeds much better.

I agree about the 100v Monster.  Tishawn Fahie was able to get his 100v Monster to 35MPH before hearing 5 beeps.  If I'm going to get a monster, I really want the 2400Wh battery pack.  I'm hoping Gotway comes out with a Monster X with a 2400 Wh battery and 2000W motor running at 100v.

31 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

I agree about the 100v Monster.  Tishawn Fahie was able to get his 100v Monster to 35MPH before hearing 5 beeps.  If I'm going to get a monster, I really want the 2400Wh battery pack.  I'm hoping Gotway comes out with a Monster X with a 2400 Wh battery and 2000W motor running at 100v.

Yes ! This would be a sweet wheel !! Huge price tag . But well worth it to safely cruise at 35mph!

You guys must live in the land of frost heave free sidewalks and perfect asphalt  roads to find places to "safely" cruise at 35 mph for any distance especially on a vehicle that has no suspension components.  :blink:

I am so moving there!  Screw you Canada and your awful potholes and crappy sidewalks!  :furious:  And stop signs.  And pedestrians!  I want some of that good good wide open silky smooth blacktop and perfect sidewalkia that must exist somewhere!  :w00t2:

This love affair with demon speeds must end at some point.  I fear we're going to see some pretty bad injuries and potential losses as more newbs come and go.  It doesn't take experience to know that flying off an EUC at high speed is going to hurt.   Go stand on the hood of a car going 35 mph anywhere for an appreciable amount of time and see how far you get.  Sure, add some grip tape to the hood if you want.  :whistling:  With what we ride there are no seatbelts or airbags, and gravity does not discriminate.

I used to be impressed with speed tests and seeing people flying around over 50 kph, but now it's just more of a curiosity.  Was it cool seeing people break the sound barrier for the first time?  Heck yeah!  Do I want to break the sound barrier myself?  Not really.  :yawn:  Do I want to own a Porsche that can hit 285 kph?  Sure!  Do I want to drive that Porsche without a seatbelt, airbags, and chassis anywhere close to it's top speed?  Maybe not.

To each their own of course, but I would say enjoy the ride while you can.

As the wheels evolve/ improve I do expect speed to increase, not cause I want but natural progression I guess. I don’t wanna so 55 km/h per say, but it would be nice to be able to push the wheel if need be.

the is always a stretch where the wheel can be pushed ....... but safety will always wins. 

50 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You guys must live in the land of frost heave free sidewalks and perfect asphalt  roads to find places to "safely" cruise at 35 mph for any distance especially on a vehicle that has no suspension components.  :blink:

I am so moving there!  Screw you Canada and your awful potholes and crappy sidewalks!  :furious:  And stop signs.  And pedestrians!  I want some of that good good wide open silky smooth blacktop and perfect sidewalkia that must exist somewhere!  :w00t2:

This love affair with demon speeds must end at some point.  I fear we're going to see some pretty bad injuries and potential losses as more newbs come and go.  It doesn't take experience to know that flying off an EUC at high speed is going to hurt.   Go stand on the hood of a car going 35 mph anywhere for an appreciable amount of time and see how far you get.  Sure, add some grip to the hood if you want.  :whistling:  With what we ride there are no seatbelts or airbags, and gravity does not discriminate.

I used to be impressed with speed tests and seeing people flying around over 50 kph, but now it's just more of a curiosity.  Was it cool seeing people break the sound barrier for the first time?  Heck yeah!  Do I want to break the sound barrier myself?  Not really.  :yawn:  Do I want to own a Porsche that can hit 285 kph?  Sure!  Do I want to drive that Porsche without a seatbelt, airbags, and chassis anywhere close to it's top speed?  Maybe not.

Come on down to aberdeen NC! I’m more likely to hit a deer than a pedestrian ! Yes ...very nice smooth pavement ...and very nice police force that encourage my wheeling . 

I also have a nice wide black tar paved greenway trail that heads out through some swamp land ( 8.3 mi according to the map) that I kid you not ...had to cost a fortune to build ...it’s nearly as wide as a side road and never gets used . I’ve gone out there a few times (maybe 4) and only passed one jogger the entire time I was riding around . Yes high speed is dangerous and yes ...I may get seriously injured. But I have been warned . And I will don my full faced helmet , gloves , and pads ...if I decide to ride at 30+ mph . If I fall . You can laugh and say I told you so . But I promise to get it on film and once I heal do it all over again for your viewing pleasure . :D

I might come off as a know-it-all smart ass who enjoys spouting off cautionary platitudes, and yeah that pretty well sums me up.  :innocent1:  Trust me though when I say that I find neither joy nor satisfaction when I hear about my fellow riders getting hurt or partaking of risky situations.  When Ron had his fall in Miami, I took the less popular stance of defending him.  It was an accident; I think he learned his lesson; and we all were concerned about the negative press his actions might have on wheeling in the public eye.

I try to be a strong proponent of wearing safety gear and sensible riding.  I've hit 48 kph on my Tesla, and while it was a fun rush, it was also pretty risky.  I suppose it's difficult to issue caution when the whole thing about riding these wheels is the thrill and excitement of riding on a single wheel completely at your command.  It's like telling a group of race car drivers not to race too fast around the track or telling base jumpers to exercise caution.

I guess I just want to be that little voice in people's minds to remind them that we aren't as indestructible as we may think.  One's health can change as quickly as a wheel that veers off course.  I hope to see all of you still on the forums in two years. There's so many more exciting developments waiting for us.  I just hate seeing people potentially missing out due to a bad accident that might have been avoidable.

8 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I might come off as a know-it-all smart ass who enjoys spouting off cautionary platitudes, and yeah that pretty well sums me up.  :innocent1:  Trust me though when I say that I find neither joy nor satisfaction when I hear about my fellow riders getting hurt or partaking of risky situations.  When Ron had his fall in Miami, I took the less popular stance of defending him.  It was an accident; I think he learned his lesson; and we all were concerned about the negative press his actions might have on wheeling in the public eye.

I try to be a strong proponent of wearing safety gear and sensible riding.  I've hit 48 kph on my Tesla, and while it was a fun rush, it was also pretty risky.  I suppose it's difficult to issue caution when the whole thing about riding these wheels is the thrill and excitement of riding on a single wheel completely at your command.  It's like telling a group of race car drivers not to race too fast around the track or telling base jumpers to exercise caution.

I guess I just want to be that little voice in people's minds to remember that we aren't as indestructible as we may think.  One's health can change as quickly as a wheel that veers off course.  I hope to see all of you still on the forums in two years. There's so many more exciting developments waiting for us.  I just hate seeing people potentially missing out due to a bad accident that might have been avoidable.

:cry2: I didn't know you had that in you. I don't :facepalm: I guess I'm the real wimp in this Forum, not wanting to go much faster than 40kph, which I don't think I have.

I'm a bit of a speed demon.  :w00t2:  I'll admit that.  After seeing you tackle those off-road cliffside trails, I doubt anyone sane would call you a wimp!  That's actually good that you stick to "safer" speed ranges.  I bet we'll still be chatting in two years hopefully.  

48 on the Tesla actually felt okay.  Hitting any unseen bump or pothole would have been a very bad day.  :efefc8626c:  It was a leap up from the old 22 kph on my Ninebot that's for sure!  Scary fun is okay every now and then, but you really start worrying about injury at higher speeds.

I've been skiing downhill in my younger days at way faster speeds, and people even go faster than me so I suppose it's really up to each individual.  With fun comes risk, but I still think speed should be reasonably tempered and caution taken with irregular / unfamiliar riding surfaces.

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm a bit of a speed demon.  :w00t2:  I'll admit that.  After seeing you tackle those off-road cliffside trails, I doubt anyone sane would call you a wimp!  That's actually good that you stick to "safer" speed ranges.  I bet we'll still be chatting in two years hopefully.  

48 on the Tesla actually felt okay.  Hitting any unseen bump or pothole would have been a very bad day.  :efefc8626c:  It was a leap up from the old 22 kph on my Ninebot that's for sure!  Scary fun is okay every now and then, but you really start worrying about injury at higher speeds.

I've been skiing downhill in my younger days at way faster speeds, and people even go faster than me so I suppose it's really up to each individual.  With fun comes risk, but I still think speed should be reasonably tempered.

I cruise to work at 30mph every day, someone at work asked me today actually "doesn't it feel really fast" i'm just like on the tesla no it doesn't its so smooth I start accelerating look at my pebble and its 26mph already

16 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Looks Like Green Fashion is selling the Msuper x-   very temped here

EED3A538-246E-4DAF-86A3-61C477F523B7.png

We need beta testers :P

2 minutes ago, Leonte Mihai said:

You are the beta tester, Marty.:clap3::dribble:

So do not waste any more time and place your order:laughbounce2::efee8319ab:

Think of that beauty, but do not look at it, do the calculation in the head <19 inches, 1600Wh, 55KM> h, those lights, that shield ...

I already have, but from @Jason McNeil at EWheels :D

12 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I've been skiing downhill in my younger days at way faster speeds, and people even go faster than me so I suppose it's really up to each individual.  With fun comes risk, but I still think speed should be reasonably tempered.

I enjoy fast, but not that fast. I think maybe I've had mine up to 43-kph, but only for ~15-seconds. Usually when I'm riding fast it's in the low 30's.

It's just so surprising to read from you considering all the time it took you to leave the Ninebot.

Maybe you need to get this latest 100-volt Monster - they have that thing cruising at almost 55-kph :shock2:

9 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Marty Backe what I would like to know is which wheels will go for sale ?..... after you take delivery of your new shipment.

I'll be selling the (hopefully) Msuper V3s+ to make room for the X.

15 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This love affair with demon speeds must end at some point.  I fear we're going to see some pretty bad injuries and potential losses as more newbs come and go.  It doesn't take experience to know that flying off an EUC at high speed is going to hurt.   Go stand on the hood of a car going 35 mph anywhere for an appreciable amount of time and see how far you get.  Sure, add some grip to the hood if you want.  :whistling:  With what we ride there are no seatbelts or airbags, and gravity does not discriminate.

I often wonder whether Canadian roads are worse than our southern neighbours when reading the forum.  Maybe the wide ranging temperature variations make the road surface more likely to split and get chewed up?  I have no idea...

I agree with you about the quest for higher and higher speed EUCs.  I haven't even unlocked my 18S to do 50km/h yet.  I get scared for posters when I read about them going so fast.  

I've made a deliberate effort to slow down after Rehab's accident.  I find I actually enjoy going slower because I'm able to concentrate less.  

Regarding climate, temperature doesn't affect me much.  Even rain isn't that big a deal.  Road conditions and occasionally wind are the two factors that keep me from riding.  I figure I only missed a few weeks over the course of this winter where it was too icy or I just didn't feel like dealing with the snow.  The road services are fairly effective at cleaning up the roads after storms.  

My Ninebot still is a good all purpose wheel!  :efef927839:  There's still nothing wrong with it so that's why I kept riding it.  It's been reliable since day one, and I've never had to take it apart except to do the battery mod which is saying something.  Haven't you had that one really reliable old car that just keeps on going, starts every day, and gives you very little grief?  It's hard to part with something like that.  Just look @Vik's - you don't hear him getting the upgrade itch?  The Ninebot One E+ is a fun wheel.  It's fast enough to keep you safe, climbs most hills just fine, looks pretty cool, has the LED lights, and is very nimble.  With my shiny special edition graphics, it's like a rolling piece of art that's hard to move on from ...

Keep in mind too that these aren't exactly legal in my area even though I've never been bothered by anyone.  A Monster 100V would be nice, but I think it would be too bulky and heavy to move around easily.  I have steps leading up to the house too so it would probably be too cumbersome.  I think for me a medium weight, medium sized, nimble wheel that is fairly fast and has decent range is good enough.

uboQf1p.jpg

6 hours ago, mezzanine said:

I often wonder whether Canadian roads are worse than our southern neighbours when reading the forum.  Maybe the wide ranging temperature variations make the road surface more likely to split and get chewed up?  I have no idea...

Just for your information, the City of Toronto has announced that so far this winter season they have fixed 125,000 potholes. It has been a bad year,  last winter the total was 80,000 potholes.

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I enjoy fast, but not that fast. I think maybe I've had mine up to 43-kph, but only for ~15-seconds. Usually when I'm riding fast it's in the low 30's.

It's just so surprising to read from you considering all the time it took you to leave the Ninebot.

Maybe you need to get this latest 100-volt Monster - they have that thing cruising at almost 55-kph :shock2:

Let me tell you that my finger has hovered over the buy button on the monster 100v... But right now the msx is the one that has me drooling, unless the nbz10 turns out to be really good.

I cruise too damn fast for a 16" wheel. Not that I really feel unsafe on my gt16 at 25mph, but a few inches more is nothing no man have ever rejected having... :D 

And 12*247 MOS sounds just like the thing to have.

11 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

My Ninebot still is a good all purpose wheel!  :efef927839:  There's still nothing wrong with it so that's why I kept riding it.  It's been reliable since day one, and I've never had to take it apart except to do the battery mod which is saying something.  Haven't you had that one really reliable old car that just keeps on going, starts every day, and gives you very little grief?  It's hard to part with something like that.  Just look @Vik's - you don't hear him getting the upgrade itch?  The Ninebot One E+ is a fun wheel.  It's fast enough to keep you safe, climbs most hills just fine, looks pretty cool, has the LED lights, and is very nimble.  With my shiny special edition graphics, it's like a rolling piece of art that's hard to move on from ...

Keep in mind too that these aren't exactly legal in my area even though I've never been bothered by anyone.  A Monster 100V would be nice, but I think it would be too bulky and heavy to move around easily.  I have steps leading up to the house too so it would probably be too cumbersome.  I think for me a medium weight, medium sized, nimble wheel that is fairly fast and has decent range is good enough.

What he said ^

Even though I got myself a V8 I don't consider the 9b1 obsolete. Took my E+ out for a spin yesterday and still getting the same pleasure and fun out of it even after a few days of riding V8. Range and speed are still great. The only few reasons I got an inmotion were to see if I like it more besides the Integrated trolley and light. That and the fact that battery change would cost me more than 60% of the whole ninebot (and nearly 50% of what I gave for inmotion)...

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

Archived