Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm running out of space, but I dearly like this new wheel. I'm going to have to give up either my MSuper V3s+ or the Monster so that I can get this wheel :w00t2:

With all due respect, Mr. Too Many Wheels Problem: sell one of your soon two ACM2s, sell the Tesla because does it really make sense to have both that and the ACM2, sell the msuper V3, and get this msuper X. (And when did you last use the Monster, maybe get rid of it too - another wheel you want is going to come up sooner or later - Z?)

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

Well. To be fair the super m waiting on also has a 2000w motor . And after really looking at it ....I don’t like all the LED’s on the msuperx. And 1” larger tire . I don’t see the major improvement over the already new teslarized msuper that I’m getting . 

You're rationalizing man! ;)

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

With all due respect, Mr. Too Many Wheels Problem: sell one of your soon two ACM2s, sell the Tesla because does it really make sense to have both that and the ACM2, sell the msuper V3, and get this msuper X. (And when did you last use the Monster, maybe get rid of it too - another wheel you want is going to come up sooner or later - Z?)

Hey, l don't need you managing my wheel collection ;)

I need both ACM2's because one is dedicated to trail riding. I can't give up the Monster because that 60+ mile range is sweet sometimes. I'm probably going to see if I can sell the MSuper.

i just need @Jason McNeil to tell me when he can get me one.

I think my 2018 wheel collection is now settled: MCM5, MSuper X, and the Z10. It's painful to limit myself like this, but sometimes you have to suck it up :D

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I think my 2018 wheel collection is now settled: MCM5, MSuper X, and the Z10

I might do the same minus the Z10 , plus ACM. On the mcm5 something is telling me to hold off until GW packs a bigger battery in there)

3 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

If my super T doesn’t ship out by the end of this week I’m gonna open a dispute. That’s 3 weeks of no movement . At that point yes . I may wait for the 19” super . Buy still hoping the 18” comes . It’s an amazing wheel in itself . And the 19 is going to be a long wait on itself 

Gotway tends to get their new wheels out the door really quick, once they are formally announced. This in contrast to KingSong, as one example.

5 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I might do the same minus the Z10 , plus ACM. On the mcm5 something is telling me to hold off until GW packs a bigger battery in there)

It seems that Gotway  doesn't like to make long range 14-inch wheels. I think I can still have fun with this one. @Jason McNeil is getting me one now :w00t2:

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It seems that Gotway  doesn't like to make long range 14-inch wheels. I think I can still have fun with this one. @Jason McNeil is getting me one now :w00t2:

Well 14” in general is not very conducive to the longest range / battery size as the obvious attempt would be to make it light/ small.  But you gotta admit Gotway does have a tendency to announce a wheel of a certain battery size and then, haphazardly retrofit it with an oversized battery option.  We have seen this happen with ACM, we have seen this happen with Msuper, and if I’m not mistaken the mcm series also had crossed the 800wh mark ...All I need is 800wh+ In there to pull the trigger...

58 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, congrats! When you said you were getting your hands on one, I didn't know if you were borrowing one or buying one. B)

40 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Well 14” in general is not very conducive to the longest range / battery size as the obvious attempt would be to make it light/ small.  But you gotta admit Gotway does have a tendency to announce a wheel of a certain battery size and then, haphazardly retrofit it with an oversized battery option.  We have seen this happen with ACM, we have seen this happen with Msuper, and if I’m not mistaken the mcm series also had crossed the 800wh mark ...All I need is 800wh+ In there to pull the trigger...

In the time period that Gotway released the ACM and MSuper, including the extended range models, they never upgraded the MCM4. This makes me think they won't upgrade the MCM5 either. When to do so with the MCM5 they would have to design all new shells.

On the ACM and MSuper all they had to do was design a new side panel insert to accommodate the bigger batteries - much less expense.

So I'm afraid you will never see an extended range MCM5. The KS14S rules the 14-inch long range market.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

In the time period that Gotway released the ACM and MSuper, including the extended range models, they never upgraded the MCM4. This makes me think they won't upgrade the MCM5 either. When to do so with the MCM5 they would have to design all new shells.

On the ACM and MSuper all they had to do was design a new side panel insert to accommodate the bigger batteries - much less expense.

So I'm afraid you will never see an extended range MCM5. The KS14S rules the 14-inch long range market.

Yes granted it’s much harder to upgrade the shell of the mcm5 as it would drastically change the form factor . I do realize my chances   are not that high, but one can still hope right? :) they will think of something :) even write 840 on a 680 battery pack and I will fall for it ) somehow I have a good feeling about it, although unsubstantiated)

:blink:  Wow.  Them lights.  :blink:   Hats off to Gotway.   That is one wicked looking wheel.  Dayam.  :thumbup:  I hope they someday will use the brass keepers and machine screws/bolts other makers use.  :innocent1:

I would be remiss if I didn't throw in some slight criticism.  STOCK REAR FENDER.  Why is it not there?  Are there no muddy puddles in China?  :whistling: 

I was saying Rockweel should have put some lights into the fake side intakes on their GT16.  Gotway took that idea and went running with it!  :w00t2:  I think a bank of white LED side headlights in the front would be nice with red in the back.  As it is right now, they still make for awesome running lights to be more visible at night.

So I just got this information from @Linnea Lin Gotway...

Msuper X

I'm told it's the world's first 19" wheel. And it's apparently arriving next month.

Now if someone in the LA area would please check on @Marty Backe - and possibly restrain him, if necessary.

20 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Wow.  Them lights.  :blink:   Hats off to Gotway.   That is one wicked looking wheel.  Dayam.  :thumbup:  I hope they someday will use the brass keepers and machine screws/bolts other makers use.  :innocent1:

I would be remiss if I didn't throw in some slight criticism.  STOCK REAR FENDER.  Why is is not there?  Are there no muddy puddles in China?  :whistling: 

I was saying Rockweel should have put some lights into the fake side intakes on their GT16.  Gotway took that idea and went running with it!  :w00t2:  I think a bank of white LED side headlights in the front would be nice with red in the back.  As it is right now, they still make for awesome running lights to be more visible at night.

Are you still snowed in? I like to think that you're starting to enjoy your Tesla more.

Am I wrong to say that this beefcake of a wheel, this Adonis, this 20 ounce-rare-steak-manly-man's-wheel-for-real-men is superior to the poor MS3T?

GW do some things right. They cater to the advanced riders with proper battery sizes, speed, power etc. they also just drop a wheel rather than build up like the other companies do.

I like GW because they are always pushing the ball forward in specific areas like performance. I like KS/Inmotion because they innovate safety features.

I need a "KingWay" (Kingsong/Gotway hybrid) company.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Are you still snowed in? I like to think that you're starting to enjoy your Tesla more.

I was going to take the Tesla out on the weekend, place it next to the snow drift that would tower over it, and make a little snowman sitting on it for photos.  Then I thought naw that's kinda sad.  :cry2:  Sad but funny!  

It's was about 9°C today so I was happy!  Things are melting away ever so slowly, but you can never tell up here.  :rolleyes:  When you think it's starting to look like spring you get hit with another foot of snow the week after.  I don't like heading out, enjoying the ride, and then be stopped by a huge ice glacier on the pathway.  It's just too stop, walk, slip and go sometimes.  That's when I fell last year when I thought I could just ride and hop over that melting fissure of ice... and didn't make it.

Gotta get some more kilometres on the Tesla before I drool over something new!  :dribble:  This MSuper X looks like it will be popular.  I hope the side padding is comfortable.  I don't know what it is with the Tesla, but after I got my calves all sore I wasn't that thrilled to ride it.  I usually just stand straight up without thinking about it much, but with the Tesla I have to do more a cowboy kinda stance.  Oh well, I''m sure the legs will get used to it!

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This MSuper X looks like it will be popular.

Msuper X - the once and future king)

i don’t think Gotway themselves realize what they just pulled off...can you tell I’m excited??

Who would have imagined that there would be such a large selection of tempting wheels to choose from?  I remember it was not that long ago that I was craving for the Ninebot One E+ which seemed so cool.  Now there's the V10F, Z10, MsuperX, Mten3, up-coming King Song 18L... excuse me while I go rob a bank... brb!  :eff01bbbfc:

I really hope all these options will entice more people to join in on the fun.  Imagine Paris sized group rides over the US and Canada!  That would be cool.

So I have been hacking through the video that @houseofjob posted...

... And doing a bit of math on just the right frames, my calculation is that the wheel width is at least 3" (possibly 3.5" - it's hard to be sure). Let me know if you want details on my numbers.

But if that is correct, does the wider tire change the game even further?

35 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So I have been hacking through the video that @houseofjob posted...

... And doing a bit of math on just the right frames, my calculation is that the wheel width is at least 3" (possibly 3.5" - it's hard to be sure). Let me know if you want details on my numbers.

But if that is correct, does the wider tire change the game even further?

Are you saying it's a 19x3" wheel?:efee78d764: That definitely makes me more interested! I would love a 19x3" wheel, that would make my commute butter-smooth!

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So I just got this information from @Linnea Lin Gotway...

Msuper X

I'm told it's the world's first 19" wheel. And it's apparently arriving next month.

Now if someone in the LA area would please check on @Marty Backe - and possibly restrain him, if necessary.

Weird how the wheel rim is photoshopped out

23 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

Are you saying it's a 19x3" wheel?:efee78d764: That definitely makes me more interested! I would love a 19x3" wheel, that would make my commute butter-smooth!

That's my take on it...

About 25 seconds into the video there is a quick side-on shot of the wheel and the rider then turns directly away... While it is side on, you can calculate the distance from the ground to where it disappears into the shell (as the tire edge is vertical at 9½") - which is about 14". Then using the picture where the wheel is heading directly away, and calculating based on the ratio.

My math made it about 3½" but it was a little blurry.

But if it is 3+" then it would be a nice ride!

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

Archived