New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

4 hours ago, Rok Tomažin said:

I get the same high pitch noise. Since this is my first wheel I though it is normal, but yes it is annoying as hell.

This is my video. Noise is present when you are holding the wheel like for example when you are standing at the cashier. Pay attention from 0:13 in the video when I hold it upright.

Thanks! Some people are not hearing this noise becaouse of the age but for me this is really annoying too. 

What will you do? Reclamation? Or waiting for next firmware update?

34 minutes ago, Anna Veverkova said:

Thanks! Some people are not hearing this noise becaouse of the age but for me this is really annoying too. 

What will you do? Reclamation? Or waiting for next firmware update?

Try downloading this app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tone-generator-audio-sound-hz/id1206449238?mt=8

you can use this to counter the high sound. My v10f makes the same sound as well.

Edited by Jpd

4 minutes ago, Demargon said:

The v10F take me to the top of that mountain in awesome short time without warnings or cutoff. Firmware 2.2.6 and comfort stile, pedal sensitivity to 65% and rider weight 60kg.

I only recorded the downhill because is the funniest part

We had supposed the overheat issue happens only for riders with weight > 80kg.

Thank a lot for your video, definitely a very good off-road wheel (without overheat issue :) ) but it doesn't conclude of this issue.

Maybe 2.2.7 should solve that ...

28 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:
We have refined the V10/V10F firmwares based on 2.2.6, which has released and paused couple of weeks ago because of the incorrect speed limit. We’d like to invite 3-5 riders to test the V2.2.7 firmware before it’s released to public, please send me your InMotion APP ID via private message if you’ve any interest. We appreciate if the chosen ones can make the test within 3 days and share their thoughts with us, thanks in advance. 

Here are some insights of the V2.2.7:
  1. Max speed 40 kph
  2. Tilt back: Triggered by the output power of the wheel, begin to tilt at 72% of remaining power of the battery, reach to max tilt angle which is 22 degree at 95% of remaining power of the battery.
  3. The bug that DIY light effects can't be applied normally is repaired.
  4. Add a new error light.
  5. Based on V2.2.6

Here are some insights of the V2.2.6:
  1. Add two riding modes, and one is responsive mode, and the other is classic mode.
  2. A dual disk solution is adopted to solve the problem of audio files loss caused by abnormal power failure. 
  3. The tilt back system is optimized with the new driving mode.
  4. The system architecture is optimized, and the real-time performance and stability of the system are improved.
  5. Overspeed alarm volume is optimized, alarm volume is automatically adjusted according to the riding speed.
  6. Other optimization.
Notes for update:
  1. Please press the anti-spinning button and lay down your V10/V10F before upgrading. (As shown here: http://file.imscv.com/editor/image/2016/05/20160519174448_29758.png)
  2. If your current version is earlier than 1.1.x, A Correction must be done after the upgrade!   (It can be found in "APP-Setting-SCV Correction-Car body turnning and fowarding correction (Called Turning and Forwarding Adjustment on IOS)".  Make sure that your V10 is perpendicular to the ground before correction, as shown here: http://file.imscv.com/editor/image/2016/05/20160519174448_29758.png)

Bob, that is great news! Many thanks for that.

Do you happen to know if that new firmware is supposed to take care of the overload/overheat problem that most of users weighting 85Kgs or more are facing repeatedly?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Demargon said:

The v10F take me to the top of that mountain in awesome short time without warnings or cutoff. Firmware 2.2.6 and comfort stile, pedal sensitivity to 65% and rider weight 60kg.

I only recorded the downhill because is the funniest part

Puh - really offroad. Good riding - nice video. 

I think my V10F will never see such offroad terrain ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, maltocs said:

This is great insight on what triggers the OVERLOAD tilt back. This confirms my suspicions that OVERLOAD tilt back happens more aggressively as the battery depletes. @Marty Backe & I did a fun 9 mile 4600 ft elevation climb where the elevation gain was very consistent up the hill. The battery went from 100% to 22%. Although there is no real LOG of how many times and how frequently the V10F gave me an overload message, below is my HEART RATE monitor chart along the ride. The assumption is the more it overloaded = the more I walked it = the higher my heart rate was recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWJ-VSaj_Vs&lc=z23uyj0qqnenhlsexacdp433nq4mglacvofozlu15thw03c010c.1530553073226883

IMG_0049.PNG

This is fantastic, and funny too. It's not too often you can correlate heart rate to EUC riding, but here you can clearly see where you were walking (at least I can see it, being that I was witness to it all).

:thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Bobwheel said:
Here are some insights of the V2.2.7:
  1. Max speed 40 kph
  2. Tilt back: Triggered by the output power of the wheel, begin to tilt at 72% of remaining power of the battery, reach to max tilt angle which is 22 degree at 95% of remaining power of the battery

22 degree seems very high. Why not decreasing the maximum speed ?

20 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

Tilt back: Triggered by the output power of the wheel, begin to tilt at 72% of remaining power of the battery, reach to max tilt angle which is 22 degree at 95% of remaining power of the battery.

Seems to be a great idea to implement tiltback like this! Just i'd assume "remaining power of the battery" is not the right expression but there should be something like remaining "output power of the wheel/(system)"?

A nice addition would also be to not make this tiltback start at a fixed percentage of the "remaining output power" but in relation to the actual acceleration, so that tiltback comes with the same "turn rate" no matter "how one drives". And/or limiting the "turn rate" of the tiltback so the worst "side effect"  - the "tilt back of death" which (almost) catapults one from the wheel - could be eliminated.

Some tricky decisions will have to taken, like how to handle:

- riders accelerating like hell from low speeds, but "knowing" to stop this early enough - they should not be bothered by a tiltback too soon, and also not be catapulted off the wheel if they once accelerate a bit longer... On the other side with this "a little bit longer acceleration" they would be near the output power limit and going to overlean any moment anyway - but overleaning is their own fault, beeing catapulted off the wheel is the firmwares fault. :D

- once one drives at higher (constant) speeds and hit some bump/hole or just enters an incline, so that this "remaining output power" percentage goes instantly from some "low" number to somewhere around this 95%. With the actual implementation this would mean tiltback goes as fast as possible to the 22 degrees and again introducing a "tilt back of death"? Or do you already have some tiltback "turn rate limitation"?.

One is again anyhow very near to overlean/fall and should be warned - but the approaching accident should no be triggered by a "tiltback of death"...

I'm looking forward to the next evolutionary steps taken from the "stupid" fixed speed tiltback, reports on how the implementation "succeded" and/or maybe some more insights directly from the source from @Bobwheel!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Did you send an MP to Bob, per his instructions?

Yep.  

6 minutes ago, Rok Tomažin said:

They are testing it. Its not available for public

I’m part of the beta testing. Lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Yep.  

I’m part of the beta testing. Lol

Very good! But I hope that InMotion has also involved 90Kgs (or more) users to make that test as exhaustive as possible!

@maltocs you might be a very good candidate for that test since you know on how and where to verify 'abnormal' overloads of the V10F   ?

Edited by Fastmike