My Tesla Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I hope it get it right:

ACM 680, 14C, msuper V3 840, ACM 840, ACM 1300, Monster 2400, msuper V3 1600, 14S, mten3, Tesla 1020, ACM2 1600 (coming up)

Must be something like that.

Oh, you want a list of the wheels that I've owned?

• 680wh ACM
  • 840wh ACM
  • 1300wh ACM
  • 840wh MSuper
  • 1600wh MSuper
  • KS14C
  • KS14S
  • Mten3
  • Monster
  • Tesla
  • Cheapo generic, but that really doesn't count, as it's garbage.

Listed like that, I can see that I need more variety. Certainly I'm deficient in the KingSong arena. And I was anticipating getting the GT16 but when the Tesla came out I went with that instead. I no longer feel that the GT16 offers me anything that I don't already have.

29 minutes ago, Smoother said:

You're the best.:cheers:

So funny. I've actually gotten an approbation in someone's signature. That has to be a first :clap3:

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

So funny. I've actually gotten an approbation in someone's signature. That has to be a first :clap3:

A what? I don't remember swearing.:efef2e0fff: I'll remove it some time, so don't get used to it.  Maybe take a screenshot for posterity.

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Interstingly, I don't see anyone's signature. 

That happened to me once, somehow I had turned off the option.  If you click on your name at the top right of the screen, a drop down appears.  Click on account settings. Another drop down on the left side of the screen.  Click on signature, a slide button should appear that says "show other peoples signatures with their content"

You might not be able to see all the options on a mobile device, the screen is too small.  When trying to download the ninedroid app to my phone, I had a hell of a time doing it.

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Interstingly, I don't see anyone's signature. 

You have to enable "seeing signatures" in your preferences.

2 hours ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

67 miles.. not bad for my first weekend with the tesla. Did 28 miles with 51% battery left. I think i can get another 32 miles out of it if i put it back in soft mode and stop racing with cars :)

The numbers dont lie Marty. Unless the app is lying :huh:

IMG_0695.PNG

Sorry, I'm not buying those numbers. I think your app is screwy. I've been around enough different wheels, manufacturers, types, etc. to know that they all get the same mileage, plus or minus some marginal value. A 1020wh wheel is not going to get 60+ miles under normal riding conditions.

I bet 28 is actually kilometers, which would match what I would expect from 50% battery.

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

A what? I don't remember swearing.:efef2e0fff: I'll remove it some time, so don't get used to it.  Maybe take a screenshot for posterity.

Done :D

Screenshot 2017-12-19 16.47.15

I will have to agree that the other day I used my google maps to track my location and got 40 miles and had 32% left, I'm 178 lbs and I'd say it is in fact possible, but the last few miles you would deff be at tiltback levels for sure. If a rider was sub 140 lbs I'm sure it can be done. My feet just can't handle any more riding this week! Ouch!

2 minutes ago, Bryan Wells said:

I will have to agree that the other day I used my google maps to track my location and got 40 miles and had 32% left, I'm 178 lbs and I'd say it is in fact possible, but the last few miles you would deff be at tiltback levels for sure. If a rider was sub 140 lbs I'm sure it can be done

Im 155lbs and i will get 60 miles out of my wheel! You guys just sit back and watch me make history and prove @Marty Backe wrong :P;)

26 minutes ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

Im 155lbs and i will get 60 miles out of my wheel! You guys just sit back and watch me make history and prove @Marty Backe wrong :P;)

But who wants to ride 60-miles at 8-mph :D

I bought a Telsa so that I could go zooooooooooooooom

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Sorry, I'm not buying those numbers. I think your app is screwy. I've been around enough different wheels, manufacturers, types, etc. to know that they all get the same mileage, plus or minus some marginal value. A 1020wh wheel is not going to get 60+ miles under normal riding conditions.

I bet 28 is actually kilometers, which would match what I would expect from 50% battery.

The rider's weight makes a big difference, I'm 150 pounds with riding gear. I have ridden my 520Wh Firewheel for 30+ miles on a charge several times with a bit to spare. In July we did a group ride here in DC and I rode my KS14C 680Wh for 34 miles and still had charge left. Each time I was averaging about 10-12mph while moving. So a brand new battery with a light rider could  make a 60 mile run on a charge, but it would probably be super sketchy near the end.

2 hours ago, Bryan Wells said:

I will have to agree that the other day I used my google maps to track my location and got 40 miles and had 32% left...

My experience with both KS16 and ACM is the last 30% (according to the app) will provide barely 10% more miles.  Example: If you go 30 miles from 100% to 30%, you will probably not make it to 34 miles (maybe if you go sslloowwllyy)

14 hours ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

butttt... i still believe a slightly wider tire would make the tesla better. Its got enough power and acceleration, I dont see why you would wanna go skinnier? @Meng Yang

I have a feeling wider tire will make Tesla a generally better wheel. Just that I like (1) Maxxis tires, (2) the tire pattern pattern on it and (3) Dale Walker tried it on his KS and loved it; as well as hating (1) the stock Tesla tire - too many cutouts on tire surface for water channeling, (2) I hardly ride in the rain, (3) Tesla having better speed than acceleration and (4) use the stock Tesla tire to replace my aging V8 tire. Maxxis doesn't come in anything above 2", so I settled on the 1.95. No idea how it will turn out. Just give it a go and see how. Hoping this skinnier tire will help me increase range.

On 12/19/2017 at 5:51 PM, Marty Backe said:

But who wants to ride 60-miles at 8-mph :D

I bought a Telsa so that I could go zooooooooooooooom

Once again you make a good point.. I have to agree with you Marty. Tesla's range depends on how much fun you want to have on the way to your destination.. about 35 miles of fun is guaranteed till the annoying beeping begins. Although I do enjoy carving left and right at slow speeds on the sidewalk.. so im still confident i can get 60 miles out of it if i wanted to. 

9 minutes ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

Once again you make a good point.. I have to agree with you Marty. Tesla's range depends on how much fun you want to have on the way to your destination.. about 35 miles of fun is guaranteed till the annoying beeping begins. Although I do enjoy carving left and right at slow speeds on the sidewalk.. so im still confident i can get 60 miles out of it if i wanted to. 

The problem with speed on an EUC, is, the faster you go, the more time you spend scanning the road surface in front of you, looking for face plant material, and wandering nimnods.  As a result, you get to see almost nothing of the landscape you're riding through.  When you slow down, your scan to sightsee ratio changes dramatically.  And IF you do have to disembark, it's usually a step off at worst.  Of course, if you're commuting, then yes, speed it up, 'cos you've seen that view already, if there even is one.  And if your speeding for speed's sake, then have at it.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

The problem with speed on an EUC, is, the faster you go, the more time you spend scanning the road surface in front of you, looking for face plant material, and wandering nimnods.  As a result, you get to see almost nothing of the landscape you're riding through.  When you slow down, your scan to sightsee ratio changes dramatically.  And IF you do have to disembark, it's usually a step off at worst.  Of course, if you're commuting, then yes, speed it up, 'cos you've seen that view already, if there even is one.  And if your speeding for speed's sake, then have at it.

Also true. Ive been riding around in the city for so long that i know all the humps n bumps by heart. So im usually flying by using the bike lanes doing 18-22mph. Occasionally ill get on the sidewalk and start swerving between trees and posts :D. The tesla is fun for pretty much any type of riding. Not to mention if you ever need a shot of adrenaline you can just take it over 25mph and see how long you can last :w00t2:

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

The problem with speed on an EUC, is, the faster you go, the moAs a result, you get to see almost nothing of the landscape you're riding through.  When you slow down, your scan to sightsee ratio changes dramatically.  And IF you do have to disembark, it's usually a step off at worst.  Of course, if you're commuting, then yes, speed it up, 'cos you've seen that view already, if there even is one.  And if your speeding for speed's sake, then have at it.re time you spend scanning the road surface in front of you, looking for face plant material, and wandering nimnods. 

Exactly. That's the thrill of riding fast - to get high from the experience and to survive. I don't do it all the time but there's nothing like cruising at 25mph+ when the opportunity presents itself.

You should all come and visit me here - a few at a time though (until l get more wheels) - if you want a rush from riding, I've got some hills so steep I can't fully stop while going down them and "trails" that make Marty's look like a roll in the park... 

#NZrocks

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Exactly. That's the thrill of riding fast - to get high from the experience and to survive. I don't do it all the time but there's nothing like cruising at 25mph+ when the opportunity presents itself.

and thennn there is the experience of actually getting high  riding fast and surviving.. :rolleyes:  

Archived