My Tesla Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

1 hour ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

Sooo it me a couple of days but im happy to report that im starting to like the tesla more and more. Went on a short ride(8miles) up and down the glendale hills last night and loved how easy it is to push up the hills. Definitely an improvement over the ACM. Not that the ACM is lacking power, but the Tesla is felt easier to push up hills, probably because of the added height so im able to grip more of the wheel with my legs/calves. 

Tesla is looking more and more like the perfect wheel for me, just need to make one tiny improvement, A FATTER TIRE. My comfortable cruising speed with my 2.5"ACM is around 22-23mph and i can easily push it to 26-27mph. With the Tesla however, i dont feel safe riding over 18mph :efeee20b79:. not cool! maaaybe need to put more miles on it to build up my confidence.. but so far so good:thumbup:

Good to hear that you're finally coming to your senses ;) I feel pretty comfortable riding up to 25-mph on the Tesla. Maybe you need a few more days.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's a done deal. I should be cruising the streets in my new Blue ACM in a few weeks, courtesy @Jason McNeil, who graciously ordered one from Gotway just for me :D :w00t2: :clap3:

You sure know how to make people jealous:dribble: lol  its ok we'll see who has got the coolest new wheel when I fit a 2.75" tire on the tesla ;) 

5 hours ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

Sooo it me a couple of days but im happy to report that im starting to like the tesla more and more. Went on a short ride(8miles) up and down the glendale hills last night and loved how easy it is to push up the hills. Definitely an improvement over the ACM. Not that the ACM is lacking power, but the Tesla is felt easier to push up hills, probably because of the added height so im able to grip more of the wheel with my legs/calves. 

Tesla is looking more and more like the perfect wheel for me, just need to make one tiny improvement, A FATTER TIRE. My comfortable cruising speed with my 2.5"ACM is around 22-23mph and i can easily push it to 26-27mph. With the Tesla however, i dont feel safe riding over 18mph :efeee20b79:. not cool! maaaybe need to put more miles on it to build up my confidence.. but so far so good:thumbup:

Try SOFT or LEISURE mode.

Personally, I feel more stable in Soft/Leisure mode compared to Medium or Sport mode at 30+ mph on my Tesla. Its less twitchy and you don't have to concentrate so hard on balancing coz wheel will just go straight, with or without your inputs.

I give up. No idea how to delete those errors above.

3 hours ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

You sure know how to make people jealous:dribble: lol  its ok we'll see who has got the coolest new wheel when I fit a 2.75" tire on the tesla ;) 

I'm going the other direction. Will be fitting a 1.95 to my Tesla soon (for faster acceleration & probably better grip with more contact patch/less rain water channeling). See how it goes later.

6 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

Try SOFT or LEISURE mode.

Personally, I feel more stable in Soft/Leisure mode compared to Medium or Sport mode at 30+ mph on my Tesla. Its less twitchy and you don't have to concentrate so hard on balancing coz wheel will just go straight, with or without your inputs.

I give up. No idea how to delete those errors above.

This is interesting, thats the mode I haven't tried yet, will give it a go on the way home today to see how it is

Status update; Im completely in love with the tesla. Now every time i ride it and take it over 20mph im yelling out WHAT A MACHINEEEE (in my head. lol) 

Btw I did try Soft mode for a day but then changed it back to Normal. Just took me time to learn how to control the wheel and it kinda forced me to change my riding stance too. You can corner so fast with this thing its amazing. I feel like im on a motorcycle. :w00t2:

Tesla = WINNING 

Another great call by @Marty Backe. Thanks pal ;)

19 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's a done deal. I should be cruising the streets in my new Blue ACM in a few weeks, courtesy @Jason McNeil, who graciously ordered one from Gotway just for me :D :w00t2: :clap3:

Jesus, most crackhead addicts have better self control than you. Did you not say you'd be cooling it with regards to buying new wheels? 

butttt... i still believe a slightly wider tire would make the tesla better. Its got enough power and acceleration, I dont see why you would wanna go skinnier? @Meng Yang

I wouldn't mind sacrificing a couple mph top speed for some stability. It still feels just a tad too twitchy when you take it over 20mph. Speaking of which,.. It drains the battery a LOTT faster when you ride it at speeds over 20mph. I was keeping it below that for the last 3 days and im confident i can get over 60miles range if i keep it below 20mph. 

30 minutes ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

Status update; Im completely in love with the tesla. Now every time i ride it and take it over 20mph im yelling out WHAT A MACHINEEEE (in my head. lol) 

Btw I did try Soft mode for a day but then changed it back to Normal. Just took me time to learn how to control the wheel and it kinda forced me to change my riding stance too. You can corner so fast with this thing its amazing. I feel like im on a motorcycle. :w00t2:

Tesla = WINNING 

Another great call by @Marty Backe. Thanks pal ;)

Glad you're really liking it now :thumbup:  You want to do a Tesla ride around Griffith Park in the next week or so?

Just now, Ando Melkonyan said:

butttt... i still believe a slightly wider tire would make the tesla better. Its got enough power and acceleration, I dont see why you would wanna go skinnier? @Meng Yang

I wouldn't mind sacrificing a couple mph top speed for some stability. It still feels just a tad too twitchy when you take it over 20mph. Speaking of which,.. It drains the battery a LOTT faster when you ride it at speeds over 20mph. I was keeping it below that for the last 3 days and im confident i can get over 60miles range if i keep it below 20mph. 

I'll bet you my paycheck that you could not get anywhere near that :D  I've done a slow-speed range test and I got in the mid-40's. When I ride it fairly hard it's more like a 35-mile wheel.

9 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Jesus, most crackhead addicts have better self control than you. Did you not say you'd be cooling it with regards to buying new wheels? 

I will be selling my existing ACM, so my wheel count will remain at six. I don't see the problem :)

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'll bet you my paycheck that you could not get anywhere near that :D  I've done a slow-speed range test and I got in the mid-40's. When I ride it fairly hard it's more like a 35-mile wheel.

OK Marty.. challenge accepted! B) I dont want to take your whole paycheck though. I feel bad. Maybe ill just take your new ACM :lol:

I was going to say YES to your Griffith Park proposal but now I've got a bet to win. Im thinking about doing a round trip to santa monica and back to glendale.. anybody want to join me for the ride? Marty might ask for witnesses.

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I will be selling my existing ACM, so my wheel count will remain at six. I don't see the problem

I've ridden Marty's ACM, superb wheel with great feel. Someone will be very happy with it.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I will be selling my existing ACM, so my wheel count will remain at six. I don't see the problem :)

Apologies. I thought you were at something like 14 or more. I'm at five myself but if I did it over I'd only have a 14 and an 18 as that would cover 100% of my needs. 

18 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Apologies. I thought you were at something like 14 or more. I'm at five myself but if I did it over I'd only have a 14 and an 18 as that would cover 100% of my needs. 

14 - that's so funny :D  For some reason people think I have a ton of wheels. Except for my two 16-inch wheels, I only have one wheel of each size that's generally available.

I don't actually "need" a single wheel. So "needs' have nothing to do with the number or type of wheels that I own. It's simply a passionate pastime that I enjoy :thumbup: 

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

14 - that's so funny :D  For some reason people think I have a ton of wheels. Except for my two 16-inch wheels, I only have one wheel of each size that's generally available.

I don't actually "need" a single wheel. So "needs' have nothing to do with the number or type of wheels that I own. It's simply a passionate pastime that I enjoy :thumbup: 

If you wouldn't mind typing a list of your wheels...

16 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

You can read the list of wheels of most members at the bottom of their post (signature)

17 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

You can read the list of wheels of most members at the bottom of their post (signature)

100% correct.  But every time I try to find my "signature" field in order to update it, I fail.  Where is it?

41 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

It's in every one of my posts - look at my signature.

7 minutes ago, Smoother said:

100% correct.  But every time I try to find my "signature" field in order to update it, I fail.  Where is it?

In the upper right is your name, profile pict, etc. Click the drop-down and then click Account Settings. On the left you will see a link for your Signature.

Archived