My Tesla Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

time stamp 0:30 am i the only one who doesnt like the looks of obese bike tires?

apparently people think it looks cool....

Those bikes are rented to people for use in riding on the beach. The large tires keep the bike from sinking into the sand. They are very common in beach communities.

2 hours ago, dmethvin said:

I'm surprised about how many Segways are there. Not counting tourist groups in DC, I have seen one Segway around here in 3 years. 

The Segway's are all rented. I saw many more that didn't end up in the video. Lots of rented electric scooters were also being used.

53 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Those bikes are rented to people for use in riding on the beach. The large tires keep the bike from sinking into the sand. They are very common in beach communities.

I see 

where i live there are few bikes but i know a freind who wants a bike just because there are thick tires on it over another bike that cost 100$ less..

and he lives in sweden stockholm...

and it doesnt look like stockholm is a bumpy or sandy city...

but i see good use for big tires when its nearby sand

On 1/1/2018 at 6:09 PM, Shad0z said:

and it doesnt look like stockholm is a bumpy or sandy city...

There are no curbs in Stockholm? That would come as a big surprise to me. IMHO fat tires are great and have essentially only one disadvantage: weight. But then with fat tires, one may skip suspension on the bike all together which may lead overall to a lighter bike with maybe even better comfort.

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

very nice ride indeed :)  and good camera angles! 

finally i can call myself a member of the tesla family 

i got mine 2 days ago :)  i really now see why you are all so obsesed with eucs 

4 hours ago, NECway said:

New helmet, how do you like it? does it have a build in camera?

Lots more people looking at you after you pass in this video, any idea why?

I do like the helmet because it keeps all of the wind out of my face, making for a very comfortable ride.

Honestly, I think the same amount of people are looking with fascination as happens on every ride :)

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I do like the helmet because it keeps all of the wind out of my face, making for a very comfortable ride.

Honestly, I think the same amount of people are looking with fascination as happens on every ride :)

My opinion is that because of the helmet this all looks more alien like :-) And kind of dangerous....

So i understand if more people would look. 

54 minutes ago, duaner said:

My two cents (or less): I don't like it.  Marty has a nice smiling face, but with that helmet he becomes a faceless dark figure.  Not the image I want to look at nor portray.

As the saying goes, "you can't please everyone"  :)

This helmet sure is comfortable when riding fast.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:48 AM, Marty Backe said:

As the saying goes, "you can't please everyone"  :)

This helmet sure is comfortable when riding fast.

It's funny, because I prefer an open helmet (but with chin bar) even when riding a motorbike. Not so many things can top the feeling of having the nose in the wind.

That's obviously very subjective.

3 hours ago, Mono said:

It's funny, because I prefer an open helmet even when riding a motorbike. Not so many things can top the feeling of having the nose in the wind.

That's obviously very subjective.

I understand exactly, and agree. Yet now, if I ride for a couple of hours, fast, my eyes are shot for the rest of the day. Yet this no longer happens when wearing this helmet because the wind is kept out of my face.

I don't know how old you are, but once you get into your 50's, dry eye problems become much more severe than in your youth :(

43 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yet now, if I ride for a couple of hours, fast, my eyes are shot for the rest of the day.

True, on the motorbike Moto Goggles are obligatory. They leave the nose in the wind :) On the EUC I wear my regular glasses or sunglasses which probably help to protect the eyes.

1 minute ago, Mono said:

True, on the motorbike Moto Goggles are obligatory. They leave the nose in the wind :) On the EUC I wear my regular glasses or sunglasses which probably help to protect the eyes.

I wear glasses, but it doesn't really help. Maybe it's just me :confused1:

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I wear glasses, but it doesn't really help. Maybe it's just me :confused1:

I guess your average speed is about the same...in mph...as mine in km/h.

Archived