WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

6 hours ago, Seba said:

EUC World is now available in Google Play for beta testing.

Important: Before uninstalling EUC-world-WheelLog, you might want to write down your user distance (if that's important to you)

Edited by travsformation

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

Important: Before uninstalling EUC-world-WheelLog, you might want to write down your user distance

Isn't your user distance recorded in your wheel and then shows in wheellog/Euc-world?

2 hours ago, stephen said:

Isn't your user distance recorded in your wheel and then shows in wheellog/Euc-world?

Depends on how many wheels you have :efee612b4b:

User distance (correct me if I'm wrong, @Seba), is the total distance you have ridden on all of your wheels (since you installed WheelLog). So if you have two wheels, and have done 400 km on wheel A and 600 km on wheel B since you installed the app, your user distance will be 1,000 km. You can always calculate this by writing down the distance each wheel reports and adding them up, but if you have pretty much every wheel on the market, like some people out there (whom I'm very envious of), that could be quite the undertaking...:efee612b4b:

Or perhaps you bought a used wheel that had 600 km on it, so the distance the wheel's firmware reports doesn't actually correspond to what you've done on that wheel. Or you lent a friend one of your wheels for a group ride, etc. You get the point. User distance is basically the distance YOU have personally ridden using WheelLog (or from now on, "EUC World"), on ANY wheel (even borrowed wheels that you've connected to WheelLog).

Seba mentioned that he'll soon implement an option to modify user distance, so you can grab the data WheelLog gives you and copy it to EUC World. In some cases, WheelLog's data might not be entirely accurate (you uninstalled the Play Store WheelLog and installed WheelLog-euc.world, so your user distance was reset). But if you bought all three of your wheels new, and no one else has ridden them except for yourself, it should be as easy as adding up the total distance ridden on all 3 wheels, and there you have it. From then on, WheelLog does the math for you :)

I initially didn't think this was a very relevant stat, but it's actually pretty cool to be able to know the combined distance you've ridden on any and every unicycle you've ridden :D

Note: KS wheels overblow distance by about 18%, so for more accurate figures, subtract 18% from the distance your 16X reports :)

Edited by travsformation

On 10/18/2019 at 4:21 PM, Seba said:

Since this is a test version, I am asking you to report your comments, suggestions and impressions.

Found a bug. If phone location is disabled and you try to record a tour, the app crashes instead of displaying an error message

And quick question: If "Start tour recording when wheel is connected" is activated, and "Stop recording when wheel is disconnected" is NOT, what happens if my wheel disconnects and reconnects again mid-tour?

Edited by travsformation

On 10/18/2019 at 4:21 PM, Seba said:

Dear euc.world WheelLog users,

I want to inform you about significant changes regarding euc.world WheelLog application, which I have been developing for almost a year. It is a variant of the popular WheelLog application that is available on Google Play. I am very pleased that in recent months my version of WheelLog has become very popular. I work hard to to develop its functionality. I listen to your comments and suggestions and add more features. Recently, I've put a lot of work into making it easier for everyone to use the application. In particular, I wanted the app to be available on Google Play. It just happened and it means some quite important changes.

EUC.WORLD WHEELLOG IS NOW... EUC WORLD

First, the application changes its name. What you knew as "euc.world WheelLog" is now simply called ... EUC World :) The name changed to distinguish between the two applications. From now on it will be possible to have both applications simultaneously on one device - WheelLog and EUC World. Of course, only one can be connected with your EUC at the moment.

EUC World is now available in Google Play for beta testing. I invite you to install the application, become familiar with new features/changes and start using it :) Since this is a test version, I am asking you to report your comments, suggestions and impressions. Remember - you don't have to remove/uninstall existing WheelLog application. EUC World installs as a completely new, separate application.

get_it_on_google_play.png.4a1267e181af2c63b7e6afedf69c3e89.png

WHAT ELSE CHANGES?

Well, the graphic design and colors have changed a bit. Now it matches euc.world website and also allows easy differentiation from the standard WheelLog application. New features have also been added. In the coming days I will present you the application in a series of movie guides that will be available on Youtube.

EUC World retains almost all WheelLog functions, introducing many new ones. However, Google Drive support has been removed and will soon be replaced by the option of sending logs to the euc.world account. Due to security reasons, devices running Android 4.4 and older are currently not supported as they are lacking TLS 1.2 support.

great job @Seba as always,   a little question, does the alarms have some different tone?

i ask because i got a high speed one the other day and that one kind of scared me...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, travsformation said:

Found a bug. If phone location is disabled and you try to record a tour, the app crashes instead of displaying an error message

Thank you, I'll check and resolve this.

6 hours ago, travsformation said:

And quick question: If "Start tour recording when wheel is connected" is activated, and "Stop recording when wheel is disconnected" is NOT, what happens if my wheel disconnects and reconnects again mid-tour?

Nothing, your tour will be still recorded until you stop it manually or exit the app. Of course there will be a gap in the EUC graphs due to loss of EUC data feed:

124462071_Adnotacja2019-10-20110607.jpg.044cd3d19ea3174812b7838a945538ff.jpg

Edited by Seba
  • Like 2

Yesterday I went on a tour and used euc world, everything works ok except I've had multiple times when I was changing between euc world and other apps, when returning to euc world, my screen went dark, I know the app still runs in the background because my pebble continues.

I have to lock my phone and unlock it again, to make euc world appear as normal.

If you want I can film this.

And the realistic battery level is a bit on the negative side, unchecked it's rather on the positive side.

For me the kingsong app is still the most accurate on this part.

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Nothing, your tour will be still recorded until you stop it manually or exit the app. Of course there will be a gap in the EUC graphs due to loss of EUC data feed:

Thanks. I'll test is as soon as is stops raining... :(

BTW, it would be cool to have an option to backup settings, in case we have to uninstall for any reason, reset phone to factory settings, get a new phone, etc. :)

Hello @Seba! Congratulation for the official new  EUC World app on the Google play store.
Your last release of WheelLogAndroid is the 2.0.34 on GitHub (https://github.com/slastowski/WheelLogAndroid). Did you have created a new GitHub repository for  the EUC-World app? Or maybe the source code for the new app is now no more available?

Edited by Kirby_33

14 minutes ago, Kirby_33 said:

Hello @Seba! Congratulation for the official new  EUC World app on the Google play store.
Your last release of WheelLogAndroid is the 2.0.34 on GitHub (https://github.com/slastowski/WheelLogAndroid). Did you have created a new GitHub repository for  the EUC-World app? Or maybe the source code for the new app is now no more available?

EUC World sources will be available on GitHub as soon as beta tests will finish, probably within one week. I don't want to start repo with buggy code.

• Like 3

@Seba     I think it's time to update french translation. Can you send me the new xml tags please ? (Probably the whole file and since I need to know where I have to add new tags)

Thank You, I'll test eucworld probably today :)

Edited by koto
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, koto said:

I think it's time to update french translation. Can you send me the new xml tags please ?

Sure. I just need to convert them to more friendly format for translation.

• Like 2

I've looked at every setting in euc world app but my phone constant vibrates , when looking it seems to vibrate when the voltage goes up and down even when I'm not riding it ,, I'll just add I've looked at every possible setting ,, anyone have any ideas I've even set everything off or at 0% but it still vibrates the phone , plus over set it to vibrate on people watch instead but it doesn't seem to pass it on 🤔

Edited by stephen

1 hour ago, stephen said:

I've looked at every setting in euc world app but my phone constant vibrates , when looking it seems to vibrate when the voltage goes up and down even when I'm not riding it ,, I'll just add I've looked at every possible setting ,, anyone have any ideas I've even set everything off or at 0% but it still vibrates the phone , plus over set it to vibrate on people watch instead but it doesn't seem to pass it on 🤔

Turn on voice messages. If vibrations are caused by EUC World alarms, you'll get information about the cause of alarm. There can be only three types as for now: overcurrent ("Current! Too high!"), overtemperature ("Temperature! Too high!") and overspeed ("Slow down!"). In case of overspeed there is also distinct alarm sound before announcement, so you can determine alarm priority.

After turning speech messages you should hear "Welcome on board" announcement. If you don't hear this, check in your device settings if you have correct text-to-speech engine installed. In case of Samsung phones it is strongly recommended to switch from Samsung to Google text-to-speech engine.

• Like 1

Bonjours je possède une gotway MCM5 light

Je ne suis pas encore pu faire tout le test voiture bloquer en intérieur .Mais pour le moment seul l'alarme vitesse prioritaire s'active et il n'est pas possible de régler l'inclinaison de retour.

Avec wheellog si j'activais les alarmes alors tout se calais à 20km / h tous les alarmes et le basculement avec impossibilité de le faire incliner en arrière intouchable.

4 hours ago, monocycliste said:

Bonjours je possède une gotway MCM5 light

Je ne suis pas encore pu faire tout le test voiture bloquer en intérieur .Mais pour le moment seul l'alarme vitesse prioritaire s'active et il n'est pas possible de régler l'inclinaison de retour.

Avec wheellog si j'activais les alarmes alors tout se calais à 20km / h tous les alarmes et le basculement avec impossibilité de le faire incliner en arrière intouchable.

@monocyclistePlease read the forum rules before posting:

LANGUAGE

English (and as "lingua franca") is the language used in this forum. If you cannot express what you want to say in English then use Google Translate first and paste the translated message into your topic or replies. This is better than having the majority of our members having to do it individually to read your message.

Non-English language discussions are allowed in the "Local Group Meet Ups" section where there are threads specifically for different native languages of different countries or regions.

Edited by EldARon
Added link and mentioned user
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Seba said:

I plan to create completely new, feature packed companion app for Tizen (and also for other popular smartwatch platforms).

Awesome!   .

Yeah, I think there is room for new features and maybe a way to not drain my watch battery.

• Like 1