WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

@Seba Since version 2.0.33 and 2.0.34 "Wait for GPS" does not disappear anymore, although GPS is working. With version 2.0.31 this was not yet the case, but it took a long time until the message changes.

Please try today. It's was not a problem with WheelLog but some problem that was present on the euc.world server side. This should be fixed as for now.

• Like 1

No, same as yesterday, but I found something to solve it temporarily. 

Maybe this problem exists longer, not after 2.0.31. 

I just tested it, but it always says "wait for GPS." But when I start Google Maps, for example, it immediately changes to "Sie sind jetzt live!".

Probably the problem exists already longer, which I did not notice however, since I always have Kommot running. 

The permissions to use GPS are activated.

Smart-Select-20191002-121057-Package-ins

@seba few problems

the battery % is about 12% out

The top speed isn't showing

GPS saying .. Waiting gps as stated before

Plus theres no option to change to 84v in settings unless 84 is standard now

Ks16x

Thanks

19 hours ago, Seba said:

Hmm, looks like a problem with KS-16X firmware. For King Song wheels top speed is not calculated internally by WheelLog, but calculated by EUC itself and then reported back over Bluetooth data connection. But I will change it in the next update so it will be calculated internally by WheelLog.

That makes sense because it was working before. Thanks man I'll be on standby for next update. Appreciate your work and time.

• Like 1

@Seba Just tried out 2.0.34 and everything is working perfectly for me. I like how you've rearranged the main screen; it's a much cleaner / more polished look. 

I tried it out while running some errands on the V8 and all data (speed, avg. speed, distance, etc.) seems to be correct, voice messages work well (as usual)...had no issues whatsoever.

I then recorded a tour tonight on the 18XL and everything was spot on too: tour recording, pausing, etc. all worked flawlessly. The only issue I had was the infamous 18XL disconnections, but it didn't seem to happen as often as with previous versions (or maybe I've just internalized the idea of not lifting my phone above my waist when combining WheelLog + 18XL to prevent disconnections :efee612b4b:).

On that subject, I'm still curious as to what the cause could be. For a long time I suspected the wheel's bluetooth module, but tried the KS app several weeks ago, out of curiosity, and didn't experience any disconnections. No issues with bluetooth audio streaming either, even when I'm several metres from the wheel, whereas when using WheelLog, lifting my phone to chest height to check Google Maps can often be enough to trigger a disconnection. I'm starting to think it has to do with WheelLog and the 18XL not getting along too well...I recall you mentioning similar issues with the 18XL but not the 18L... :confused1:  What are your thoughts?

Still on the subject of KS wheels, I'm curious to know the difference between standard battery level and realistic battery level. I'm guessing the realistic one is possibly the one that the app has been using until now, and standard is closer to KS estimates? What's the difference in how they're calculated?

Another question, for whenever you have the time (as with all my pesky questions; I'm assuming you haven't further elaborated on this version's release notes due to lack of time), what improvements have been made in terms of euc.world compatibility? Has the "start new segment instead of new tour" option been implemented? 

I'm looking forward to testing the Flic integration; I just ordered one yesterday! (Using the link you posted here, needless to say!) :thumbup: 

Speaking of which...for the activate voice prompt option, do voice messages need to be on? And is it / will it be possible to have regular voice messages (time-triggered) disabled, and only receive them when prompted via the Flic button?

OK, enough questions for today :efee612b4b:

Just one last thing: the app is coming along wonderfully! I can't thank you enough for all the time you're devoting to this project, which is enormously beneficial to the EUC community! :cheers:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bruno Augusto said:

There is no support or roadmap to Ninebot One C+? 

There are plans to add other wheels (including One C+), please follow this thread.

8 hours ago, stephen said:

the battery % is about 12% out

You can uncheck "Realistic battery level" in "General settings". This will cause WheelLog to use the same algorithm to calculate battery % as original apps. However if you want to get reading that makes you more safe (speed throttling starts near 0 %) keep this option active.

The top speed isn't showing

As I wrote, seems that KS-16X sends incorrect top speed to the app. I will replace this value with calculated by WheelLog, so it will work regardless of wheel firmware.

GPS saying .. Waiting gps as stated before

What phone do you use? Some phone manufacturers (notably Huawei) uses agressive battery-saving features that may cause some problems with WheelLog.

Plus theres no option to change to 84v in settings unless 84 is standard now

There was never such an option for wheels other than Gotway :) King Songs send exact voltage value, directly expressed in volts.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seba said:

As I wrote, seems that KS-16X sends incorrect top speed to the app. I will replace this value with calculated by WheelLog, so it will work regardless of wheel firmware.

Thanks 👍

23 minutes ago, Seba said:

What phone do you use? Some phone manufacturers (notably Huawei) uses agressive battery-saving features that may cause some problems with WheelLog.

I have Huawei mate 20x but wheellog gps has always been fine. It still recorded the data but just read .. Waiting gps,,,

2 hours ago, Seba said:

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

17 hours ago, Seba said:

As I wrote, seems that KS-16X sends incorrect top speed to the app. I will replace this value with calculated by WheelLog, so it will work regardless of wheel firmware

What I found is the main page Doesn't show top speed, but the 2nd screen shows it. So it appears it's reporting correct for the 16X. Just the main page shows 2 different average speeds vs average and top. Hope that helps.

Screenshot-20191003-180122.jpg

Screenshot-20191003-180117.jpg

Edited by Sertified
Correct post
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Sertified said:

What I found is the main page Doesn't show top speed, but the 2nd screen shows it. So it appears it's reporting correct for the 16X. Just the main page shows 2 different average speeds vs average and top. Hope that helps.

Thank you for pointing me out. This is because euc.world WheelLog may be used to track rides both with and without wheel connected. So there are two different screen arrangements - wheel-based and GPS-based.

1 hour ago, Hansolo said:

At wheelLog launch without a wheel connection, Ride Time and Top Speed are displayed.

As soon as a wheel is connected, Ride Time and Top Speed are replaced by Voltage and Current.

...and this is how it works from 2.0.34. This weekend I'll create few tutorial videos about WheelLog and its features. Previously, as in "standard" WheelLog, only voltage was displayed on main screen. Avg riding speed was displayed next to voltage. But I think that current is one of vital values that should be also readily available, so I decided to replace top speed with current and rearrange location of all six readings. Top speed is still available at second page, when all parameters are shown.

But when WheelLog is used as a GPS tracker, there is no voltage or current value available. So in this mode riding time and top speed are displayed in place of voltage and current.

In next version I will make it easy to determine if WheelLog is using wheel or GPS data at the moment.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 3

I think I'd rather have top speed than having average riding  when there's average speed already there. I think most people look at wheellog when riding and look at the other pages when stopped , i like to look at top speed 😁

• Like 3

On 10/3/2019 at 8:07 AM, Seba said:

You can uncheck "Realistic battery level" in "General settings". This will cause WheelLog to use the same algorithm to calculate battery % as original apps. However if you want to get reading that makes you more safe (speed throttling starts near 0 %) keep this option active.

16x: not entirely the same, when active, wheellog displays about 10% less than kingsong app.

Unchecked it displays 10% more than kingsong app.

Too bad the pebble app doesn't display voltage, voltage is still a better a way of reading your battery instead of %

Xiaomi phones have a battery saving function too, you have to disable it for every app that needs gps when your phone is locked.

Edited by Slashebeest
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Seba said:
8 hours ago, Hansolo said:

At wheelLog launch without a wheel connection, Ride Time and Top Speed are displayed.

As soon as a wheel is connected, Ride Time and Top Speed are replaced by Voltage and Current.

...and this is how it works from 2.0.34. Previously, as in "standard" WheelLog, only voltage was displayed on main screen. Avg riding speed was displayed next to voltage. But I think that current is one of vital values that should be also readily available, so I decided to replace top speed with current and rearrange location of all six readings. Top speed is still available at second page, when all parameters are shown.

@Seba that makes sense, although now that it's been brought up, I have to admit I miss seeing top speed on the main page. "Avg. speed" and "Avg. riding [speed]" feel a bit redundant; when the wheel is connected, I'm guessing most riders are only interested in "Avg. riding", so I'd vote to replace "Avg speed" with "Top speed". What do you guys think? :)

Edit: Did I get the difference between avg. speed and avg riding right? (Avg speed being speed/total ride time, and avg riding being speed/time in motion?)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 8:07 AM, Seba said:

Well, that's one of my questions answered, only 19 to go... :roflmao:

Although a) I'm still curious about the technical details of how these are calculated; and b) Speed throttling is firmware-dependent, regardless of how the app measures battery %, isn't it?

Also...would you like me to start a new thread on the 18XL WheelLog disconnection issue, so I quit side-tracking this one? :efef2e0fff: :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slashebeest said:

https://euc.world/getwheellog

direct download form this page ;)

@tessa25 And just download and install directly ( don't uninstall your current euc.world version first) so that it keeps all of your settings :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Seba said:

Yes. Average speed also include all the stops, so resulting value may not represent your ride dynamics. For example, you may ride with constant speed above 30 kph, then you'll make a stop to chat with friend you met on the road. Then you continue riding and at the end you get... 11 kph average speed. At the same time your avg riding speed will be 28 kph. This is why it's a much better representation of your riding speed and dynamics.

Thanks for the clarification :)

In that case, I'd vote to have "Avg speed" replaced with "Top speed" on the main screen. I think (or KNOW) that it's a stat (almost) all riders like to be able to see at first glance of the app, while I don't think anyone would mind relegating "avg speed" (an average that takes into account stops, etc., and isn't too representative of riding dynamics) to the second page.

Anyone else in favour?

BTW, it would also be cool to have "top speed" as an option in the voice messages :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, travsformation said:

BTW, it would also be cool to have "top speed" as an option in the voice messages :)

Yes, this will also be added in next version.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

Sorry for the newbie questions. Are tours private until I choose to share them? Is there a way to delete a tour?

No worries :)  (Have you seen how many questions I ask? :roflmao:)

You can set tour privacy in WheelLog under Live map settings Tour visibility (this sets the privacy level for any tours that you record after selecting a specific setting)

Once a tour has been recorded, you can either change visibility or delete it altogether from euc.world

• Change visibility (privacy): go to euc.world and log in. Click on your username (top meu) > Tours. Select a tour by clicking on it. Once it's opened, click on the Tour menu (top) > Visibility and choose the option you prefer
  • Delete a tour: Follow the same steps as above, but after clicking on the tour menu, simply choose Delete

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Once a tour has been recorded, you can either change visibility or delete it altogether from euc.world

• Change visibility (privacy): go to euc.world and log in. Click on your username (top meu) > Tours. Select a tour by clicking on it. Once it's opened, click on the Tour menu (top) > Visibility and choose the option you prefer
  • Delete a tour: Follow the same steps as above, but after clicking on the tour menu, simply choose Delete

Found it! Thanks!

Edited by tessa25