Phone / Battery saving issue?

Edited by R2D2

3 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Thx @Seba for this great app!

On my S8 it frequently logs partially my trips, mostly the last part :D   
Log settings: all three options checked
Live settings: start when connected [X], others not checked

Phone / Battery saving issue?

Log settings have nothing with tour recording, they work independently. Most probably the battery saving is the culprit, but there may be other causes as well. Please take a look at the latest posts in this thread, @travsformation wrote how to turn off battery optimization in Samsung phones. This resolved Bluetooth disconnection/connection problems he experienced and may also resolve your problems.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2019 at 4:41 AM, monocycliste said:

Bonjours je possède une gotway MCM5 light

Je ne suis pas encore pu faire tout le test voiture bloquer en intérieur .Mais pour le moment seul l'alarme vitesse prioritaire s'active et il n'est pas possible de régler l'inclinaison de retour.

Avec wheellog si j'activais les alarmes alors tout se calais à 20km / h tous les alarmes et le basculement avec impossibilité de le faire incliner en arrière intouchable.

Those are different settings. Alarms are for phone vibration and voice alarms (in the "alarm settings" menu). For tiltback configuration, you need to go to "Wheel settings".

On 10/24/2019 at 1:22 PM, Seba said:

I plan to create completely new, feature packed companion app for Tizen (and also for other popular smartwatch platforms).

Yes please <3 I changed from Wear OS (Huawei classic) to Tizen (Galaxy watch) 2-3weeks ago just because I wanted to have an app on my watch to monitorize my wheel and wheellog didn't work on Wear OS.

Now that I have a Tizen one with wheellog, I just discover your euc world app which I love and have a wonderful looking on Wear OS but doesn't work on tizen yet :'(

I won't change my watch again, so I totally rely on you to use my watch again with your app soon.

Thank you so much for all the work you're doing !

Edited by Underskore
Doublepost
  • Like 1

Excluding Smart Watches (such as Samsung...) that can get the app on the PlayStore, is there a way to get Wheellog on other cheap watches (excluding Pebble), such as Mi Band or AmazFit? Any future projects Seba? Thanks again.

4 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Excluding Smart Watches (such as Samsung...) that can get the app on the PlayStore, is there a way to get Wheellog on other cheap watches (excluding Pebble), such as Mi Band or AmazFit? Any future projects Seba? Thanks again.

Currently my plans include most popular smartwatch platforms like Wear OS / Android Wear, Samsung Tizen, Garmin with ConnectIQ support and FitBit (successor of Pebble). This already includes a lot of development work for nearest future. So for now I'm unable to say if and what other devices will be supported by EUC World application.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seba said:

Currently my plans include most popular smartwatch platforms like Wear OS / Android Wear, Samsung Tizen, Garmin with ConnectIQ support and FitBit (successor of Pebble). This already includes a lot of development work for nearest future. So for now I'm unable to say if and what other devices will be supported by EUC World application.

Thanks for your quick reply.
So at the moment Pebble and Android Watches are supported correct?
I own a Pebble, but I was looking for a modern device for daily use. What I don't like about Smart Watches is the battery that last not more than two days. That's why I was asking for Mo band (2 weeks) or Amazfit (3 weeks)

• Like 1

Just now, Snowball said:

Thanks for your quick reply.
So at the moment Pebble and Android Watches are supported correct?
I own a Pebble, but I was looking for a modern device for daily use. What I don't like about Smart Watches is the battery that last not more than two days. That's why I was asking for Mo band (2 weeks) or Amazfit (3 weeks)

Yeah, I own an Amazfit, and although it's a fairly simple device, the battery life is great (which was the main reason for buying it). And having GPS makes it a great watch for sports tracking, it's a shame I can't get EUC World on it.

Then again, I can see how developing companion apps for each and every platform out there is way too much work for one person, so only the top & most widely used watches qualify. I know plenty of people who use Mi Bands, Amazfits and derivatives/knock-offs; they really would make for a good watch for WheelLog/EUC World, if it weren't for one issue: they don't natively support app installation; you have to install custom firmware (jailbreak) in order to do so,  which isn't something the vast majority of users are going to/willing to do, so it'd be a very niche product, aka I don't think there's much payoff in terms of developing a specific EUC World companion for it. :(

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seba said:

Currently only Pebble is supported by EUC World. Samsung Tizen app that has been originally developed for WheelLog doesn't work with EUC World. This app is however very simple, as it only displays speed, battery level and distance. 

Wear OS / Android Wear app is almost complete. It is scheduled to be relased on November along with EUC World update. Next I will start development of similar app for Samsung Tizen watches.

Here is short video showing EUC World smartwatch companion app:

Wow!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seba said:

Wear OS / Android Wear app is almost complete. It is scheduled to be relased on November along with EUC World update. Next I will start development of similar app for Samsung Tizen watches.

Here is short video showing EUC World smartwatch companion app:

Looking forward to the next release of EUC World! :D

Wow, that's a nice looking and very complete companion app! Awesome!!! :thumbup:

(BTW, which watch is that?)

8 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Looking forward to the next release of EUC World! :D

Wow, that's a nice looking and very complete companion app! Awesome!!! :thumbup:

(BTW, which watch is that?)

Thank you :) I tried to make it look clean, uniform with EUC World app and easy to use and read. The watch is TicWatch Pro.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Seba said:

Thank you :) I tried to make it look clean, uniform with EUC World app and easy to use and read. The watch is TicWatch Pro.

Thanks!

BTW, in the video posted by @Hansolo, it explains that different priority alarms are triggered by both speed and battery level. So:

• If in highest priority alarm, speed is set to 25 km/h and battery to 100%, the alarm will always trigger at 25 km/h.
  • If speed is left the same but battery is reduced to 40%, the 25 km/h alarm will only trigger when battery is below 40%.

Screenshot-at-2019-10-28-11-37-32.png

Is that how it works? 

I've been setting up alarms as if speed & battery were entirely independent values, not paying attention to the (now that I realize it, very clearly marked) alarm priority "categories"....😅

Edited by travsformation

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Currently only Pebble is supported by EUC World. Samsung Tizen app that has been originally developed for WheelLog doesn't work with EUC World. This app is however very simple, as it only displays speed, battery level and distance. 

Juste watching the video and its watch screens, is there any chance to see one day an "EUC World"/"WheelLog" version fully usable on a "full" standalone Android watch as a No1D5, for example ?

Edited by sbouju

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

Is that how it works? 

I've been setting up alarms as if speed & battery were entirely independent values, not paying attention to the (now that I realize it, very clearly marked) alarm priority "categories"....😅

Yes, speed alarm will only be active if battery level is at or below specified level. In this way you can also create an alarm that will be speed-dependent. It was already present in WheelLog when I started to work with it. I assume that this was meant to mimics wheel throttling to some extent. So you can set 40 km/h for 100 % battery, 30 km/h for 50 % battery and 20 km/h for 30 % battery. I will add setting that will allow to switch between two behaviours: three levels of battery-independent speed alarms or one alarm with three battery-dependent activation levels.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sbouju said:

Juste watching the video and its watch screens, is there any chance to see one day an "EUC World"/"WheelLog" version fully usable on a "full" standalone Android watch as a No1D5, for example ?

I'm afraid not and this is why:

•  No.1 D5 uses Android 4.4 that is not supported by EUC World due to outdated and unsecure SSL libraries,
  • all watches use small batteries, usually less than 500 mAh,
  • they also are resource-limited (especially in terms of RAM & CPU).

On 9/10/2017 at 9:39 PM, palachzzz said:

Hi, 

It started somewhere here, it was just improvement to make WheelLog working with Inmotion. But then I was asked about some improvements for KingSong and Gotway as well.

So I think it is time to move it here.

Improvements regarding the version from the market (not all, I don't remember all, but you can read previous topic about changes if interested):

- Inmotion support, including wheel setting control (tested, work fine with V8, work not bad with others), extended logs
- KingSong: negative current, correct start with FW 1.25, wheel setting control (untested)
- Gotway: some minor fixes, wheel setting control (partially tested)
- Top speed reset from menu
- User trip counter (can be reset from menu, not affected to wheel or app shutdown)

Known issues: 
- Xiaomi devices may often lose connection with Inmotion (problem in Xiaomi Bluetooth implementation)

Latest version in PlayMarket

Just realized that my fork has been used by many people :-) I've forked just to implement the support of my inmotion wheel, and now, years later, because i've just bought a KS18L, i decided to reinstall WheelLog (cus, the Kingsong app....) and, what a surprise EUC World ! Thanks for all this work ! I will starts contributing again !

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Seba said:

Yes, speed alarm will only be active if battery level is at or below specified level. In this way you can also create an alarm that will be speed-dependent.

Thanks for the clarification :)

I can't believe my settings have been wrong for so long... :facepalm::efee612b4b:

29 minutes ago, Seba said:

I assume that this was meant to mimics wheel throttling to some extent. So you can set 40 km/h for 100 % battery, 30 km/h for 50 % battery and 20 km/h for 30 % battery.

Makes sense. Kind of like a user-adjustable speed throttling, where you can extend the safety margin (and maybe prevent one of those scary KS tiltbacks) :efee612b4b:

30 minutes ago, Seba said:

I will add setting that will allow to switch between two behaviours: three levels of battery-independent speed alarms or one alarm with three battery-dependent activation levels.

I've been using it as battery-independent speed alarms, but now that I've discovered I can make them battery-dependant, I much prefer it. But I can see how different people might prefer battery-independent alarms (GW riders with tiltback disabled, etc.)

Being able to switch from one to another is a great idea, especially if it remembers the settings for each behaviour.  That way users could switch to "safety/speed throttling mode" when going for long leisure rides, and "speed limit mode" for commuting (streets/bike lanes where there's a speed limit, etc.)

Nice!  :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hansolo said:

It's right

Thanks!

I also discovered, thanks to your video, that I can switch straight from the main screen to the tour recording screen by tapping on the corresponding dot instead of swiping through the other 2 screens. Thanks! :)

P.S. Nice touch, @Seba !

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hansolo said:

That's the purpose of these videos, I realize that many do not know the possibilities.

I still have an example of a user asking in a post on EUC World if there is an app with voice notifications...  :crying:

:facepalm:  :roflmao:

6 hours ago, Seba said:

I'm afraid not and this is why:

•  No.1 D5 uses Android 4.4 that is not supported by EUC World due to outdated and unsecure SSL libraries,
  • all watches use small batteries, usually less than 500 mAh,
  • they also are resource-limited (especially in terms of RAM & CPU).

OK, well understood ! ;)

Same case for this one, I imagine...

20191028_201457.jpg