HEC

Toby is really excited about creating a movie for the competition but I'm now rather confused and not very sure of the rules. Pestered by Toby, I've just spent an hour reading the thread trying to make sense but I'm not entirely sure yet. 

Ok, the three minute unedited sequence is now gone. (Phew, we'd considered building a course / playground in the garden for this!)

What exactly am I able to splice together? Toby has lots of antics he'd like me to put in a movie but a lot were done before August 1st. Am I able to use these?

Or am I able to use anything done after the 1st of August?

Apologies if these questions have been answered before but I have a 13 year old son who is very excited and wants to come out to play, he's just not sure what toys he is allowed to bring ?

Thanks everyone. 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Adrian Stevens The entire EUC Forum would welcome Toby with open arms to join in the contest! Sorry for the confusion on the rules. The rules have evolved since the inception as members voiced their views and suggestions.

The new rules allow for Toby's performances to be edited. The submitted video should be identified at the beginning of  the presentation. 

1) To properly identify a video submission contestants are required to post their EUC Forum username and date of the recorded video at the beginning of the video presentation.

Toby's submitted video must contain current footage.

3) Submitted videos must show current riding performances that have been recorded between the beginning of contest start date of August 1, 2016 through the final contest date of September 30, 2016.  Submitted video footage recorded prior to August 1, 2016 will be disqualified.

I hope this helps. 

@Adrian Stevens Hello reading the thread will make you confused because the rules changed along the way. Stick with the very first post. Initially there were more rules designed to ensure people made a new video of their own performance, but the rules were relaxed with the understanding that people here are not likely to cheat. 

The way it ended up, as I understand it, you can splice together a video under 3 minutes of material recorded specifically for the contest (after Aug 1). It's on the honor system, since there is really no way to tell if people are just using old video, or other people's video, for that matter. 

Looking forward to seeing Toby's antics!

I've been posting a link to the contest on a few youtube channels to try to drum up some international interest and bring some attention to the forum here.  If you find some EUCers videos that you like I encourage you to let them know about the contest so there might be a wider variety of entries to choose from.

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove Many thanks buddy! I have a feeling many are waiting until the last minute but the more exposure the better! Hopefully it all translates into increased awareness of the forum and pure entertainment for everyone who watches?

Hello everybody! The deadline is coming slowly...  are you training or working on a video for the contest? Suspense!

For my side, my arm is going better and i hope to be able to record correctly in two weeks... I will be just in time, but i will be part of the game!

i can't wait to see your videos guys!

@Sidestreet Reny @Jonathan Tolhurst @Adrian Stevens @Damp Rabbit @Rehab1 @Chris West And all the others!!!!

@Hirsute  Many thanks for the update! Excellent! Looking forward to seeing your video!

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you break on your arm?  Wondering if we should get your wife's permission before you participate:D 

48 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

@Rehab1 i teared off my biceps at the end of may...  Maybe it should be better to get my Surgeon's permission... :)

That is awesome!  Now tell us all - How dows someone manage to tear off their bicep?

OMG that must have been painful! That is one tough injury! Are you getting therapy?

I am sure you are listening to your doctor and your wife.;)

On September 6, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Hirsute said:

Hello everybody! The deadline is coming slowly...  are you training or working on a video for the contest? Suspense!

I did a day of shooting but technical issues ruined the footage, we might try again if schedules allow it. I have a friend who should be submitting something pretty impressive though.

@hirsuit Glad your working hard and close to full recuperation! I envision you    joking with your therapists and giving them a hard time?? Hopefully @Sidestreet Reny is doing ok! Hey buddy...where are you?

@Damp Rabbit Bummer! Hope you resolve your technical problems! The forum is looking forward to viewing you and your friend's video!

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa, only a little over a week to go, and I don't see any more video submissions!  Are people just waiting to snipe the contest at the very last minute?  And what's this?  Second and third prizes?  :o  Holy mackeral when were those added to the prize pool?  Maybe I should just toss in a boring ride video into the mix just to get a chance to snap up a secondary or tertiary prize by default!  :D  Com'on let's see some more entries before the snow comes!  

1 minute ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Whoa, only a little over a week to go, and I don't see any more video submissions!  Are people just waiting to snipe the contest at the very last minute?  And what's this?  Second and third prizes?  :o  Holy mackeral when were those added to the prize pool?  Maybe I should just toss in a boring ride video into the mix just to get a chance to snap up a secondary or tertiary prize by default!  Com'on let's see some more entries before the snow comes!  

Waiting patiently? I say go for it!? Let's see that NB1 in action! What have you got to loose??

8 hours ago, Hirsute said:

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove don't worry, i'm coming soon!

I knew you would not miss party..as small as it is. 

If  @Shoe73's awesome video of his 2 children performing along with your upcoming video submission is the extent of the contestants that would be fine with me! It was a fun ride but we needed to start somewhere. 

The way I see it we have 3 prizes and if we end up with only 3 performers I would treat each of @Shoe73's kids as  separate contestants.  They have great skills and would deserve recognition. Just imagine the looks on their faces if they win...priceless!! 

@Rehab1 My video is almost ready! I had a lot of fun to do it and i will post it this weekend.

But before i have a question...: My video is 2mn58... that's ok!

But i would like to put my facebook and youtube link after that. Is it ok if the complete video, with these links, is a little more than 3mn? Maybe 3mn15... :)

4 hours ago, Hirsute said:

@Rehab1 My video is almost ready! I had a lot of fun to do it and i will post it this weekend.

But before i have a question...: My video is 2mn58... that's ok!

But i would like to put my facebook and youtube link after that. Is it ok if the complete video, with these links, is a little more than 3mn? Maybe 3mn15... :)

Humm...let me think? Not a problem Hirsute? Heck...with the contest nearing the end you could submit a 2 hour long movie with a 30 minute commercial break and it would pass at this point? We are all looking forward to seeing your impressive skills in the competition!

Cheers! ?

On 23/09/2016 at 6:57 AM, Hirsute said:

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove don't worry, i'm coming soon!

Hoping to get a final trick filmed today and then just need to edit it all together. Short of some major mishap, Toby will be coming out to play. 

......... although, he is now a teenager so he needs to get out of bed before any of this process can start!! ?

Archived